Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Without Harper, the Nats outfield would consist of Juan Soto in lett, Victor Robles in center, and Adam Eaton in right, with Gold Glove caliber Michael A. Taylor off the bench.  All at a cost of $13 million. 

That's not a bad lineup, especially if Soto continues on his amazing arc and Robles is everything he promises to be.  And it leaves a LOT of financial room to go fill other holes in the lineup.

For sentimental and other reasons, I do want Byrce to stay.  But realistically, I can see the rationale for letting him go.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Here's my thing: if another team thinks he can play in field, why don't we?  Can he play second base?  How talented?

Everyone knows he can play infield if the only infield position you're talking about is 1B. Any professional baseball player can play 1B, its the easiest position to play defensively(take it from someone who played it growing up). But Harper's arm is too good to not be in the OF and he has 0 chance of being an effective fielder at any other IF spot.

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

not many 6'2, 230lbs dudes playing 2nd

Too big or two small?  Espinosa was 6 foot, Altuve is 5'6.

15 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Everyone knows he can play infield if the only infield position you're talking about is 1B. Any professional baseball player can play 1B, its the easiest position to play defensively(take it from someone who played it growing up). But Harper's arm is too good to not be in the OF and he has 0 chance of being an effective fielder at any other IF spot.

0 chance?  Curious why you say that.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Too big or two small?  Espinosa was 6 foot, Altuve is 5'6.

0 chance?  Curious why you say that.  

too big

list of gold glove winners are extremely short on people over 205lbs

Bryce doesn't strike me as having the fast reaction times necessary for 2nd. He could probably be passable with enough time and dedication, but it would be still be a waste of his talents. His best defensive attribute wouldn't even be used that much at 2nd, you really don't need a cannon at that position.

Archived