Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, last year was a disaster.  Last couple years honestly. Ramos was sorely missed, but backup catcher was just a black hole. Now, it's a strength with both Gomes and Suzuki

They are making just $500K more than Wieters, combined

A old college fraternity brother who is a Cleveland fan texted me last night to say we got a really good catcher from them. Then was a little unhappy with what they got in return. I said I couldn't speak on the outfielder. But I thought Rodriguez showed some potential in his starts here last year and he has baseball in his DNA. 

Feel good about this.

I am still in the "pay Bryce" mindset. Let's get him, Robles and Soto together for the next 5 years in the OF with Eaton as your #4.

Then get one more pitcher at least.

I'd be more interested in paying Bryce if he was proven at 1B. I know he said he was open to playing there, but would there be a learning curve? I don't know. I do know that we need Eaton, Soto and Robles on the field at the same time for the good of the team. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I am still in the "pay Bryce" mindset. Let's get him, Robles and Soto together for the next 5 years in the OF with Eaton as your #4.

Then get one more pitcher at least.

Eaton is too good to be a #4. If Bryce resigns, either Eaton or Robles needs to be flipped for help in other areas

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm still split on this. I love Bryce, but that's a ton of money. Soto-Robles-Eaton is a really good OF. Eaton, Turner, and Robles terroizing the basepaths is really fun to think about.

If they sign Bryce, I think Eaton gets traded and Taylor is the 4th OF. Unless, someone wants to make another Souza deal.

31 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm still split on this. I love Bryce, but that's a ton of money. Soto-Robles-Eaton is a really good OF. Eaton, Turner, and Robles terroizing the basepaths is really fun to think about.

If they sign Bryce, I think Eaton gets traded and Taylor is the 4th OF. Unless, someone wants to make another Souza deal.

With a definite 1B need as soon as immediately (Zim’s only good for 60 games), I’d seriously push either Harper or Soto to try to get adequate at the position. Neither were particularly good defensively in the OF last year. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

If one of them should play 1B its Soto. Harper at least has that cannon arm that folks have to respect.

Soto has a hose too, though. Soto-Robles-Harper would be the best throwing OF in the league. Soto is only going to get better defensively (he was a TEENAGER). But I could see either Soto or Harper slotting nicely into a 1B role. 

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ummm...

Quote makes more sense if the question was “have you talked about signing Rendon to an extension?” 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If one of them should play 1B its Soto. Harper at least has that cannon arm that folks have to respect.

Also less wear and tear at 1B. Something potentially important for a $350m man with a history of freak injuries from playing in the OF. 

Archived