Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like the more time passes, the more likely Harper resigns. If some team was going to make a ridiculous mega offer, they would have by now.

thats kinda my take on it as well

but all it takes is for one owner to say **** it, and throw down some crazy number

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I feel like the more time passes, the more likely Harper resigns. If some team was going to make a ridiculous mega offer, they would have by now.

If he does re-sign, it will be like acquiring him all over again, in terms of the excitement, because the feeling as the season wound down was that this was his swan song and he was as good as gone.  So him coming back would be unexpected and awesome.

I do hope he re-signs and that they patch up other holes somehow, some way.  We can deal with the resulting embarrassment of riches in the outfield.  Groom him - or Soto - as Zimmerman's replacement at first base.  

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't see how the Nats swing both Harper and Corbin. Rendon is a goner.

Yeah it’s either Harper or Rendon. 

If Harper signs I think they go after a mid-tier/budget option at 2B to start over Kendrick. Kendrick goes back to the super valuable utility role. Kieboom takes over at 3B opening day 2020. 

1 hour ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Hope it's true. Haven't seen this reported by a reputable person/org yet. 

44 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

When does free agency in the MLB start? What’s the likelihood of Harper staying in dc?

pretty much starts when the world series ends

somewhere around 50/50 on Harp. I think if the money is the same, he stays

Archived