Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Women serving in the House of Representatives made up only 19.6 percent of lawmakers in 2017, but that number could change after the 2018 midterm elections.

A record-setting 309 women have filed to run for U.S. House seats this year, The Associated Press reported on Thursday. That number is expected to grow. Half the states still have open filing periods, and The Cut’s Rebecca Traister reported in January that an estimated 390 women are planning to run for House seats this year.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/women-running-for-house-record_us_5ac6c143e4b09d0a1191cd26

Millennial poll: Historic youth wave coming in 2018, Dems outnumber GOP 2-1

If they actually show up, that would be a good thing.  If they want a change in direction and have policies more geared towards their generation; then they need to vote.  The numbers will be favoring them in the years to come but they have to actually vote and vote consistently.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Millennial poll: Historic youth wave coming in 2018, Dems outnumber GOP 2-1

If they actually show up, that would be a good thing.  If they want a change in direction and have policies more geared towards their generation; then they need to vote.  The numbers will be favoring them in the years to come but they have to actually vote and vote consistently.

Will believe it when it actually happens.  

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've always thought the youngish GenX (I missed out by a year) wave helped put Bubba in office in 92. Now I need to see if the stats back that up.

Edit..hmm. Upticks in 92 and 08. Wonder what appeal younger voters has then? ?

Voting-Turnout-by-Age-Presidential-Elect

I was 24 in 92; voted for Bubba. Guess, I was part of that wave.

Leaving the country with exploding trillion dollar deficits that will ultimately be balanced on the backs of the poor and needy so his rich donors can get their precious tax cuts. 

Was completely toothless and spineless in front of an awful President who is clearly insane. 

**** Paul Ryan. Chickening out because he knows what’s coming in November and beyond.

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Kind of surprised he's maintaining his corporeal form.

Usually when someone fulfills the purpose of their existence as Ryan has with tax cuts, they disappear into fairy dust or something.

He needs to earn a few more mil from screwing Fox news viewers and private industries first. Plus he about 2 million more jumping jacks and up downs to do.

Archived