Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If you are a Democrat, arent you more afraid of having control of the House, and therefor allowing Trump to simply issue Executive Orders while ignoring Congress completely?  

haha false problem. Cross that bridge when you come to it. 

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If you are a Democrat, arent you more afraid of having control of the House, and therefor allowing Trump to simply issue Executive Orders while ignoring Congress completely?  

If I'm a Democrat, (and I probably pass for one, in Tailgate), then what I'm really worried about is 

1)  The Dems win control of one or both houses of Congress.  

2)  The known effects of the GOP agenda hit the country.  (For example, we all know that this year's deficit will be at least triple of last year's.)

3)  And the Republican spin machine successfully trumpets that the Dems did it.  

5 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, he was pretty progressive overall so yeah.  A couple right leaning positions does not make one a DINO.

Exactly

Anti-abortion, but supports Roe v Wade

Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Calling for new Dem leadership helped him as well.

Can't say he's entirely wrong there either. If you're referring to Pelosi, each serves their constituents, Lamb would most likely be too conservative for CA12's tastes.

23 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I was wondering how they'd spin this one.

Howard Fineman had it pegged before the election started. He said this is exactly what the WH would do after the election on his appearnce on the tony kornheiser podcast.

I really like Fineman. The man's been right a lot going back to the beginning of the 2016 campaigns.

His other prediction that day was that the coming battle over the democrat's identity for the 2020 election will cause them to lose to Trump again.

49 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Calling for new Dem leadership helped him as well.

Frankly, Pelosi should let every candidate in a swing or leans R district know that she won't take it personally if they do the same.  She could lose 90 votes and still keep the gavel.  There are only 43 toss up or lean R seats in play (according to Cook Political Report). 

7 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

I mean, he was pretty progressive overall so yeah.  A couple right leaning positions does not make one a DINO.

I've been described as pretty progressive at times :stop:

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Exactly

Anti-abortion, but supports Roe v Wade

Supports stronger enforcement of existing gun laws

What does supports Roe vs Wade mean?....I support it as the law

I support both stronger enforcement of existing and adding a few more gun laws.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Frankly, Pelosi should let every candidate in a swing or leans R district know that she won't take it personally if they do the same.  She could lose 90 votes and still keep the gavel.  There are only 43 toss up or lean R seats in play (according to Cook Political Report). 

She should step down in late October and say she'll let the incoming caucus pick a new leader.  New blood up top will help the PR.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would imagine that message is sent to all candidates by the party. Pelosi doesn’t strike me as having thin skin.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

PA18 wasn’t a lean or toss up. It was solid red for 15 years.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I've been described as pretty progressive at times :stop:

In fairness, in parts of TX, a preference for indoor plumbing counts as “pretty progressive”

39 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I would imagine that message is sent to all candidates by the party. Pelosi doesn’t strike me as having thin skin.

Lookin’ like she does at 70-that skin is stretched thin to the hilt.

35 minutes ago, Predicto said:

We know.  You aren't a die hard conservative.  You just like to troll like one.  :) 

I often wonder if ya'll even know what a die hard conservative is really like.  :)

they are pretty rare.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

She should step down in late October and say she'll let the incoming caucus pick a new leader.  New blood up top will help the PR.

First of all, whether it’s Pelosi or someone else, the Rs will pick someone to demonize. Probably Hillary. I think she should just encourage the Lamb playbook of, basically, dont bother defending her. 

And if she sreps down, then who?  If the Dems win the House, Peolosi is the person I want with the gavel. The reason she’s so demonized is the same reason McConnell is, she’s effective and tough as ****. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

PA18 wasn’t a lean or toss up. It was solid red for 15 years.

This year, which is the only year that matters, it was a toss up according to the outlet I cited to. 

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

First of all, whether it’s Pelosi or someone else, the Rs will pick someone to demonize. Probably Hillary. I think she should just encourage the Lamb playbook of, basically, dont bother defending her

_____ ______ supports the Maxine Waters agenda and wants to raise your taxes.

House Republicans in committee voted to eliminate the agency that regulates voting machines. 

One more instance of making voter suppression/fraud easier to steal elections 

https://www.thenation.com/article/house-republicans-just-voted-to-eliminate-the-only-federal-agency-that-makes-sure-voting-machines-cant-be-hacked/

Also voted to kill public financing of elections.

Archived