Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

I'll say the unpopular and perhaps tasteless thing. Dem supporting super-pacs should flood the airwaves with clips of Trump, Fox, Coulter, Limbaugh, etc. with all their dangerous talk and then clips of the Maga Bomber's van. The guy in Louisville, clips from this weekend. Then call out the GOP and Trump for being weak on defense and being unable to keep us safe from domestic terrorism. 

They have zero wins on this stuff. Their only reply is arming teachers/temples/whatever. 

**** it. Call them out for being weak ****es. 

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

All Kemp is doing is the standard GOP voter disenfranchisement playbook. 

Yes, but usually the person running the playbook isn't the same person on the ballot.  You don't make Tom Brady deflate the balls himself, you find someone else to do that.   

45015733_10215618571969258_6745403557509

I voted early today and often, for the most Trumpy candidates they are.

Just kidding.  I voted for all the Democratic candidates that were labeled as Democrats.  Probably, the first time ever doing that.  Where there were no party labels listed, I voted female over male.  Read up on the 13 amendments last night; so I knew I how I was voting on those.  I did my part.

One local candidate didn't have the balls to show up as his opponent was out there, outside the community center.  He was a Democrat. I voted for him.  Last time, I voted his opponent(GOP); since the opponent's mom was asking for votes. I thought you couldn't be near polling places, asking for votes. Guess I was wrong.

Historically, mid-term elections are determined by far fewer voters than presidential elections – and by voters that are more likely to be Republican than Democrats. However, that doesn’t seem to be the case in the 2018 midterm elections.

With eight days until the election, we have seen record numbers of early voters across the country that indicate that the 2018 election will look more like a presidential election than a traditional midterm election. In fact, the current pace of early voting is on track for 40 million votes nationally before Election Day and that would be the highest early vote in modern history.

Furthermore, six states – Delaware, Texas, Indiana, Minnesota, Nevada, and Tennessee – have cast more votes already than the total number of votes in their respective 2014 midterm election.

When that many people vote it is an encouraging sign for democracy. But there are many warning signs too. As we see record early voting across the country we are seeing numerous efforts in the last few weeks to make it more difficult for people to vote:

• In Georgia, more than 4,500 vote-by-mail applications are missing in DeKalb County, as well as over 900,000 having been removed from voter registration lists.
  • In North Dakota, Native Americans can no longer use their legal address, which is a PO Box, for voter registration as they have for years and as recently as the primary.
  •  
  • In Kansas, the only polling place in Dodge City was moved a mile out of town.
  • In Missouri, thousands of voters received false information about absentee ballots.
  • In Texas, students at Prairie View A & M University, a Historically Black College and University, have been denied the right to vote on campus or a polling location in their town.
  •  

In addition, we are already seeing errors in votes cast and in the recording of them. In Texas, when voters chose to vote the entire Democratic ticket, their votes for Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic candidate in the U.S. Senate race, are recorded for Ted Cruz, the Republican incumbent. In Georgia, a similar situation is happening when voters cast their vote for Stacey Abrams, the Democratic candidate for governor – their votes are recorded for the Republican nominee, Brian Kemp.

Making it harder to vote undermines democracy and every American should reject it. When votes are recorded erroneously by design or by default every American should be concerned. The foundation of our democracy is free and fair elections. The examples above are neither free nor fair.

At a time when our democracy seems to be under attack from all quarters and more people are taking their right and responsibility to vote more seriously, we need to make sure that every American can cast their vote and have it counted.

There’s a lot at stake in this election. And we have only eight days left to make sure the 2018 election is conducted without doubts about its fairness or validity.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mary-anne-marsh-stop-making-it-hard-to-vote-midterm-elections-are-too-important-for-such-shenanigans

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just kidding.  I voted for all the Democratic candidates that were labeled as Democrats. 

As did I.  There was only one non-partisan vote on my ticket, it was the Soil and Water Conservation Board.  I had no idea who these people were, so I did what any adult would do.  I voted for Carl Briley, in honor of Crazy Carl's character from Billy Madison.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

As did I.  There was only one non-partisan vote on my ticket, it was the Soil and Water Conservation Board.  I had no idea who these people were, so I did what any adult would do.  I voted for Carl Briley, in honor of Crazy Carl's character from Billy Madison.

I said I'll be voting Democratic where I can, at least for the 2018 and 2020 elections.  I will go back to my third party, where I can voting, in 2022.  2024, if the Dems aren't the incumbent for President; I will give them a good look.  If we are looking at an incumbent Dem for 2024; will depend on how their presidency went.

I do know, voting GOP from now on; will be very rare for me.  

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Image result for democracy!

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

But if the voters simply double check the voting machine (and if they memorize enough things), then they can counteract the machine changing their vote (which isn't a mistake). 

or if they simply use one hand (or slow down) instead ,it works fine.

you are directed to verify your ballot, only you can choose not to.

you direct the machine

Archived