Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Just wondering what "legal authority" it takes to give voters machines that don't change their votes. 

(Also wondering how the voters find out their vote got changed). 

if you turn the wheel before the vote registers it changes to the next page

patience grasshopper 

ya review your vote before confirming it

13 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No, because I don't think that they are the guilty party in this particular instance. I think it's the state personnel who are in charge of the voting process and are Republicans.

We aren't seeing and hearing about this in states where Democrats are in charge of the voting process.

It was meant in jest.

Granted, I'm not the most informed voter out there.  

Pretty much everything I know about this election comes from reading here.  Which, I suppose, probably makes me more informed than about 60% of voters.  

But let me see if I've for this straight.  

Texas is having an election for Senate.  One in which a Democrat actually stands a chance (a slight one.)  And one which has a chance of determining majority control of the Senate  (A really slight chance.)  

Texas voting machines are changing Democrat votes to Republican votes in this race.  They've been caught at it.  The people in charge of them admit it.  

The people in charge have also stated that they have no intention of doing anything about it.  

And even in here, that's not the top story?  

Have I got all of that right?  

I think that we now expect the most heinous methods of voter suppression and fraud to occur that it's reported and there's little we can do about it except make it known and provide workarounds to get widely publicized.

Here in Texas, I won't vote the straight ticket choice, I will vote for each position and issue,  double check my answers and then tender my ballot. I hope this works. 

Like I've posted before, until the Republicans are booted out from state and local we will continue to have suppressed votes.

18 minutes ago, Larry said:

Granted, I'm not the most informed voter out there.  

Pretty much everything I know about this election comes from reading here.  Which, I suppose, probably makes me more informed than about 60% of voters.  

But let me see if I've for this straight.  

Texas is having an election for Senate.  One in which a Democrat actually stands a chance (a slight one.)  And one which has a chance of determining majority control of the Senate  (A really slight chance.)  

Texas voting machines are changing Democrat votes to Republican votes in this race.  They've been caught at it.  The people in charge of them admit it.  

The people in charge have also stated that they have no intention of doing anything about it.  

And even in here, that's not the top story?  

Have I got all of that right?  

Yes you have all of that right, although it's not the top story because (1) the election in general is a really big deal, so any state-specific story isn't going to take the top spot and (2) I would include the Texas thing in what is probably the #2 story which is - Republicans in power doing extremely shady and unfair things in order to stay in power which, gerrymandering aside, includes the Texas voting machines story, at least one state purging voter rolls a few weeks, not months, ahead of an election in a way that disproportionately affects voters for the other party, Georgia "losing" a bunch of absentee ballots  in a majority-black jurisdiction (and where the head election official is on the ballot), the Florida R senate candidate having spent his term as governor restoring the voting rights for white people (who are more likely to vote for him) but not for black people (who arent), Kansas reducing polling places in a majority-Hispanic town to one (1) and putting where it is inaccessible by public transportation, and armed white people showing up to polling places to intimidate non-white voters

So far. 

Dont forget making native Americans who live on a reservation required to have an id with a street address which is not common for native Americans who live on a reservation. Its amazing how much time and effort go into these ploys. 

This is why I'm scared that the blue wave won't come. I'm not very confident in the results on November 6th. 

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

I don't think anybody claimed they were randomly switching votes to Cruz. 

You seem to think it is done purposely, yet it switches Rep votes to Beto as well IF you rush it.

or to Hillary in the last election(which rather irritated me at the time :ols:)

36 minutes ago, twa said:

You seem to think it is done purposely, yet it switches Rep votes to Beto as well IF you rush it.

I'm pretty sure the article quoted here says that straight R voters have their votes changed, but to "no vote", not the opposing candidate. 

36 minutes ago, visionary said:

How did they determine that he was his #1 white supremecist supporter?  

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Everyone's ballot should record what each person votes for, regardless of party.

and they do if you follow directions :)

(though I admit I thought mine was possessed or hacked by LKB last time)

4 hours ago, twa said:

Wait... Does this mean when you told people here that you didn't vote for Trump, you voted straight ticket, you were fibbing? You actually had to specifically change the vote back to Trump?

I am shocked and disappointed. For shame. :(

Archived