Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Early absentee voting is way up around here, seems at least somewhat related to Brat v Spanberger. I hate the part where people showed up to early vote in person, found out they weren't in the same district anymore, and just left without voting. I mean, you're already there, just vote.

25 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I hate the part where people showed up to early vote in person, found out they weren't in the same district anymore, and just left without voting. I mean, you're already there, just vote.

If they aren't in the same district, then there would be different people the on local level on the ballot than they were expecting, correct?  Any chance they left because they wanted to research the people they were voting for before actually voting?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If they aren't in the same district, then there would be different people the on local level on the ballot than they were expecting, correct?  Any chance they left because they wanted to research the people they were voting for before actually voting?

That's a good point, and probably true for some, but I wonder if that would be the case for a lot of them if they didn't research what district they were in to begin with.

No, because I don't think that they are the guilty party in this particular instance. I think it's the state personnel who are in charge of the voting process and are Republicans.

We aren't seeing and hearing about this in states where Democrats are in charge of the voting process.

"She was there. I saw it." 

Honest question, is this a case where what is left unsaid is most important? She was at the fight, but what side did she support amd how? Was it a case of knowing the support in name only won't change an outcome bit looks good?

Archived