Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Re: NBC interviewing White Nationalist.............I'm torn on this.  Part of me thinks it was wrong to give them a platform to spew their trash.  Other part of me wants them out in the open so America can see just how bad they are.  Not sure there is a right answer.

It is part 1 I am for.

Anyone know what happened to Milo? He has been shunned and no longer invited anywhere

No reason to give these guys any type of platform. The problem is, they run the GOP today

1 minute ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

It is part 1 I am for.

Anyone know what happened to Milo? He has been shunned and no longer invited anywhere

No reason to give these guys any type of platform. The problem is, they run the GOP today

Milo is only now being shunned because he was given a platform.  When he used it, everyone saw he was trash and now he is in exile.  So doesn't that make a case for part 2?

The thing about giving guys like Milo, and Crowder, and Gavin McGinnis and the like a national audience is you can't let them get away with trying to put on a friendly more moderate looking face in front of the cameras. These guys know they have to leave some of the radicalism in their pocket if they are to appeal to anyone on a big stage like that, so if allowed they will carefully steer the conversation into more mainstream territory.   These reporters really have to do their research on these people and refuse to allow them to get away with trying to appear to the masses with a temporary fresh coat of paint. 

One of the reasons I have fallen out of favor a bit with Rogan's podcast is because I feel often times he brings on guest and allows them to just vomit out thoughts and ideas that go unchallenged.  Once in awhile Rogan might offer up a very soft resistance or "devil's advocate" scenario for them to ponder, but otherwise it is just letting ideologues spout off unchallenged. (not referring to his MMA centered episodes or episodes where he brings on actual scientists and/or PH D educated folks). 

1 minute ago, China said:

Was living in Oklahoma when something like that happened.  

The Dem candidate died, after the deadline for putting new names on the ballot had passed (but before the election.)  The Dems could remove his name from the ballot, but they couldn't put somebody else's name in it's place.  

It was one of those districts where the Dems get 90% of the vote every election.  Where the R's simply find a volunteer who's willing to put his name on the ballot, knowing he doesn't have a chance.  

And they decided that, if they take his name off the ballot, then the R wins.  (Oklahoma doesn't even allow write-ins.)  But, if they leave the dead guy's name on the ballot, and he wins, then the (Dem) governor gets to appoint a replacement.  So, they left the dead guy's name on the ballot.  

The R got 8% of the vote, running against a dead man.  (That's really got to hurt).  

Archived