Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Morocco Brown and Rivera? lmao just kill me now. No way that's the big move.

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

EDIT:  @spjunkies though I might break that and go to the Chiefs.  I’m a Navy Chief after all and love watching Mahoney.

Might want to learn his name if that's the move, Chief. 

1. Can someone explain why Bruce is essential in the stadium deal? Does he

13. Please refrain from including overly explicit material in posts.
This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line.” A significant quantity of our traffic visits occur during work hours, are made in public environments, and are made by individuals less than 18 years of age. This is a board open to all, including entire families of all ages of Redskins fans, and it is the official board of The Washington Redskins. Show pride and respect for that fact and give thought to what you post on ES. If you are in doubt about something you're about to post, simply don't post it.

Members quoting posts that include such violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

or something?

2. How do the other NFL teams get stadium deals done without Bruce Allen?

3. WTF does Snyder keep him around in any capacity. God Snyder is such a football loser.

4. Why are we mentioning head coaches before GMs. Hopefully GM comes first not the other way around.

Morroco Brown coming back here would be a death knell and maybe even worse than Riddick. Not only has he not earned a GM job in the years since he was here before, but he's already proven able to stand working in Snyder's ****ed up FO culture--something we want the new GM to kill with fire and hate. 

Don't want to read Brown's name again in this conversation, for all our sakes. 

23 minutes ago, dyst said:

This includes, but is not limited to, overly violent, obscene, or sexual content in any media form--- including text, pictures, gifs, audio clips, or videos. Use discretion, and err on the side of caution in instances where material you are considering posting might be considered “over the line.” A significant quantity of our traffic visits occur during work hours, are made in public environments, and are made by individuals less than 18 years of age. This is a board open to all, including entire families of all ages of Redskins fans, and it is the official board of The Washington Redskins. Show pride and respect for that fact and give thought to what you post on ES. If you are in doubt about something you're about to post, simply don't post it.

Members quoting posts that include such violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly.

or something?

3. WTF does Snyder keep him around in any capacity. God Snyder is such a football loser.

4. Why are we mentioning head coaches before GMs. Hopefully GM comes first not the other way around.

He knows where all the bodies are buried. It wasn’t a coincidence the Jay Gruden getting high and hitting on chicks videos dropped right before he was fired.

The Redskins stadium deal is unique because Dan wants to use the RFK land which requires federal approval then local approval. You basically have to lobby Congress and not just the local government of a municipality like other deals. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He knows where all the bodies are buried. It wasn’t a coincidence the Jay Gruden getting high and hitting on chicks videos dropped right before he was fired.

The Redskins stadium deal is unique because Dan wants to use the RFK land which requires federal approval then local approval. You basically have to lobby Congress and not just the local government of a municipality like other deals. 

Snyder is dumb enough to think the stadium and location is the reason the team struggles and has nothing to do with the idiocy that is his leadership 

I’m going to choose to remain positive and happy that step 1 of getting Bruce out of football ops and put if Ashburn is complete.

I am hopeful Dan is able to land a competent HC and GM, and they are able to rebuild the team to a winner. 

I am skeptical this will happen. But there was no hope with Bruce as President.  Now at least there is a chance. Even if it’s a “gets lucky” chance, it’s a chance.

33 minutes ago, dyst said:

1. Can someone explain why Bruce is essential in the stadium deal? 

Yeah. If it is true that he is losing all of his power and is going to hang on for a stadium deal. What does that say about Bruce. Be a man and retire. I mean you are a total **** if you lose all of your responsibilities and sit there and take it. 

19 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

24 minutes ago, dyst said:

or something?

Don't do that again. :) 

I know this is ****ty behavior to attribute to Snyder, but he's done it before:

Making guys like Lewis, Riddick, Smith, and Brown seem like legit candidates for the respective jobs is how you don't get eviscerated for only paying a passing respect to the Rooney Rule. Something that has happened here before. 

So despite all this noise it's equally possible the plan is entirely different or has been in place for a while without anyone knowing. Especially given how quiet it's been until now. 

Also, at least from my perspective, Lewis or Rivera are an upgrade from Jay.  

Lewis’ teams went to the playoffs 7 times, won s couple division. Titles and won 10+ games 7 times I believe.  Ron has coaches a team in the SB, and was willing to completely adapt the team around Cam Newton’s abilities.  

I prefer Ron, but I have always respected Lewis.  If he ends up here, and presumably keeps KOC as OC, I think you could see an immediate turnaround on defense, and Haskins’ growth could make them interesting offensively.  

Especially if they can add pieces at TE, OL and DB. 

My guess is the next piece of news to drop is a whole long list of people who have been fired.  Which could be virtually the entire coaching game staff minus KOC.  Maybe an offensive position coach or two.  

Then it will be a combination FO/HC announcement. And I don’t think that’s going to be Monday.  My guess is either Tuesday or Wednesday.  

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Making guys like Lewis, Riddick, Smith, and Brown seem like legit candidates for the respective jobs is how you don't get eviscerated for only paying a passing respect to the Rooney Rule. Something that has happened here before. 

So despite all this noise it's equally possible the plan is entirely different or has been in place for a while without anyone knowing. Especially given how quiet it's been until now. 

I hear you, but I'm pretty sure the Rooney rule doesn't apply to front office positions so this is worrisome. 

28 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

But I wanted the blue BMW M4.....this one is red......**** this place I'm outta here. Jesus......really?

So now fans are being entitled for wanting to be sure Bruce is officially, actually out the door before being happy about it? Come on. Don't be a damn lemming. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I said this exact same thing earlier today. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I prefer Ron, but I have always respected Lewis.  If he ends up here, and presumably keeps KOC as OC, I think you could see an immediate turnaround on defense, and Haskins’ growth could make them interesting offensively.  

I like Rivera the more I digest and research him.  The more I digest and research Lewis the more I hate it.  So i am 50% with you.  😀

1 minute ago, TK said:

Every bit of this can still change by Monday. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan said to drop these leaks & let's see what the reactions are :ols: 

I'm sure you find my lack of faith disturbing...

but, I just can't see that happening after what has been reported.  I would love it if it did though.

Archived