Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We’re doing this very strangely again. 

Is he out or isn’t he?

Are we going with a retread in the FO? (Morocco)

riverboat Ron going to be the Captain of this ship?

Too many questions. What should have been fantastic news was Redskinned.

I think you’re taking this the wrong way.  

They cant announce anything with the HC until they fire Callahan.  

First thing first:  Bruce is out of football ops.  

Next, after the season they will announce new hires.

This is just step 1.

Just now, onedrop said:

and the fact that he will probably simply be "reassigned" is truly heartbreaking. it proves that snyder has learned nothing, CAN learn nothing and cements the rest of forever under his ownership. 

If this pans out the way it's looking I'm off to Extremepanthers, can't take this crap anymore. 

Bruce fired from football ops.

More heads to roll.

Bruce is OUT of the building BUT will still be working on the stadium deal AWAY from the Park. 

Trent isn't working on a new deal.

HC has been offered to Rivera-He hasn't said NO but he's still watching the Cowboys & Giants.

Marvin Lewis tied to Riddick

Rivera tied Moroocco 

Rick Smith tied to no one but helped build Shanny's last SB roster & his work in Houston

Dan has had prelim talks with Macarty

Just now, onedrop said:

or....the same old hot, fetid winds of burgundy bull**** blowing right into faces of redskins fans.

Perhaps, but in this case, I am optimistic. Supposedly, some very connected NFL guys say the Redskins are on the verge of big changes. From what I read anyways...

Have faith!

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you’re taking this the wrong way.  

They cant announce anything with the HC until they fire Callahan.  

First thing first:  Bruce is out of football ops.  

Next, after the season they will announce new hires.

This is just step 1.

Im not taking anything the wrong way. Is Bruce out is STILL a question. It shouldn’t be. He should be gone. No questions asked. No caveats.

We have been Redskinned. Might turn out okay but we’ve bungled the best news a Skins fan can even get.

3 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

Sorry but if he's still in the building in any capacity the change is a failure.  Strongly considering shifting to the Ravens full time, at least they are a first class run organization.

I totally agree with the bolded part, but **** the Ravens! :P

4 minutes ago, TK said:

More heads to roll.

Bruce is OUT of the building BUT will still be working on the stadium deal AWAY from the Park. 

HC has been offered to Rivera-He hasn't said NO but he's still watching the Cowboys & Giants.

Rivera tied Moroocco 

Rick Smith tied to no one but helped build Shanny's last SB roster & his work in Houston

So still employed by the Redskins. 

🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, TK said:

More heads to roll.

Rivera tied Moroocco 

How long do you expect Dan to wait for Rivera? Before moving to plan B?

I doubt Cowboys hire Rivera.  When they move on from Jason Garrett, for some reason, I expect Jerry to want somebody with a direct Cowboy connection. 

And he’d be crazy to choose NY if he’s given more control here. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I doubt Cowboys hire Rivera.  When they move on from Jason Garrett, for some reason, I expect Jerry to want somebody with a direct Cowboy connection. 

Jerry will want someone he can control. Someone to be his puppet.

He will go out and get another Garrett.

Just now, hail2skins said:

Do people get the sense that Rivera wants control, or is he OK reporting to a GM?

Because I dont see, all things being equal, how DC is a superior spot to NY

If Rom gets to choose his personnel guy and most likely de facto reports to the owner, that’s a pretty good situation for a coach. 

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Jump to Carolina with me. Screw the purple clowns!

I’m a believer in going with your home team.  If I’d been born20 years later, I’d be a Ravens fan.  I have to explain now to people why I am a Skins/O’s fan.  They were the teams when I was born.  I still root for the Nats as long as it doesn’t affect the O’s (they suck anyways) and I do the same for the Ravens/Skins.

EDIT:  @spjunkies though I might break that and go to the Chiefs.  I’m a Navy Chief after all and love watching Mahoney.

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Snyder has probably given a list of strings that go with being HC of the Redskins to Rivera, and more than likely low-balled him on salary, a stall tactic if you will, then wait until Rivera signs with someone else, then throw his hands up in the air and say 'I did what I could'...

This organization has a way of being the last in line when it comes to hiring HCs or asst's. If Snyder doesn't think the hire is 'sexy' enough, he puts in a half ass effort.

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, and I don’t think that’s Rivera.

Just doesn’t fit.

Rivera complemented Gettleman on his way out in Carolina in his farewell speech.   I presume it would help us if the Giants fire Gettleman otherwise I presume the two already have a good working relationship and that might compel him to go to NY among other things.  i am not in love with Rivera as a head coaching candidate but I like him and I'd take him over the other candidates mentioned. 

Archived