Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bruce has easily surpassed Vinny I think at this point as to being hated by the fan base.

I vacillate whether actually removing Bruce ends up the be all and end all.   But it's at least a start.  And it astounds me that Dan is willing to do just about anything for that bromance to continue and endure whatever it takes for it to continue. 

I agree with Bruce being more despised than Vinny.  Vinny was just sort of a joke, and people wanted him out, but he didn't foster the same level of resentment, frustration and downright anger that Bruce has garnered.  I'm sure part of it is related to the times, in the world of social media, everything is magnified.  But Bruce also has the reputation of being a slimeball on top of an incompetent fool; Vinny was just a dope.

Any plan that involves retaining Bruce in any capacity will do absolutely nothing to turn this team around, the gray clouds will stay overhead, and this is not an easy climate to improve.  The removal of Bruce will at least bring that instant spark of hope, and although the gray clouds may return someday soon since it is still Dan running the show, maybe the stars align and that brief spark of hope is soon followed by a productive front office structure, a solid head coach, and a franchise QB to bring us to better days.  It's still a long road with long odds, but it's definitely better than the alternative: keeping Bruce in the fold and having 0% chance of success.

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

If Snyder really wants a new stadium he’s going to have to fire Bruce Allen and hire a new President/GM.  He has to realize that by now.  He is pretty stupid though so this may drag on another season or two.

God I hope not.

But if things continue, especially if the Redskins accumulate 3-4 more blow-out losses, it should be a positive for Bruce getting the axe.

If it does continue, the murmurs and chatter of the fans expressing their displeasure and anger with Allen hopefully will reach Dan's ears, but we know how Bruce likes to dull the edges to soften the blow, but the fans attending the games should continue to drop, and the ticket prices will fall, and THAT will get his attention faster than anything else, and Bruce cannot talk his way out of that.

I think at some point Snyder will reach out to the public in some form to try and comprehend what is happening to his team, and hopefully no one sugar coats that pile of dog ****, but leave it to the media to drop the ball if it happens; if he reaches out, the media cannot in any way throw him a bunch of soft balls, they have to swing for the fence.

So the question would be, do the fans believe that the media will let it be told like it is, or will they nut up and not hit the nails on the heads?

18 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

God I hope not.

But if things continue, especially if the Redskins accumulate 3-4 more blow-out losses, it should be a positive for Bruce getting the axe.

If it does continue, the murmurs and chatter of the fans expressing their displeasure and anger with Allen hopefully will reach Dan's ears, but we know how Bruce likes to dull the edges to soften the blow, but the fans attending the games should continue to drop, and the ticket prices will fall, and THAT will get his attention faster than anything else, and Bruce cannot talk his way out of that.

I think at some point Snyder will reach out to the public in some form to try and comprehend what is happening to his team, and hopefully no one sugar coats that pile of dog ****, but leave it to the media to drop the ball if it happens; if he reaches out, the media cannot in any way throw him a bunch of soft balls, they have to swing for the fence.

So the question would be, do the fans believe that the media will let it be told like it is, or will they nut up and not hit the nails on the heads?

We shall see.  I don’t trust Snyder to ever do the right thing.  I do believe that he has to realize right now that he can’t get a stadium deal until drastic moves are made.  If he can’t get a halfway decent stadium deal he may have to sell or relocate.  I just feel that as of right now he’s starting to feel like his back is up against the wall.  

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

We shall see.  I don’t trust Snyder to ever do the right thing.  I do believe that he has to realize right now that he can’t get a stadium deal until drastic moves are made.  If he can’t get a halfway decent stadium deal he may have to sell or relocate.  I just feel that as of right now he’s starting to feel like his back is up against the wall.  

Honestly, I'm looking really seriously at what happened in STL, SD, and Oak. Three very competent NFL cities and all lost their teams, with no real promise for a new one. LA lost their teams in the 80s. I think Snyder moving the team is certainly a possibility, maybe to one of these markets if they can negotiate. 

My only fear is that not enough time has passed for these cities to miss football. How long was Houston without a team? But I rode for my city and it'd be a blessing if he could lift this chain off my neck. 

That said, there would be the problem of me being forced to watch my kids grow up as Ravens fans, and I may not get another team in my city before I die. If it worth it? 

13 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

. There are a few people in the front office who are actively sabotaging these efforts in order to make Snyder look bad. I actually think this is the most likely scenario, considering the personnel losses, low pay, and toxic work culture that is perpetuated in Ashburn.

This is the scenario I like the most. It really goes with the idea that Snyder is a rotten human being and treating people badly. If they know that it's not going to get back to them, or that their advisors / supervisors don't really check their work, or if they feel like it's worth losing a minimum wage job to stick it to him, then it makes me feel a bit more fuzzy inside. I do hope they land on their feet though and don't lose their jobs in this case. 

Allen's strategy has been flawless, though.

People care so little about the Redskins right now that a lot of our fanbase doesn't have the energy to continue to push the narrative that Bruce has to go.

What a wiley silver fox this man is.

I think Goodell is probably the worst commish, so I don't think he's going to step in like Rozelle did with the Giants.

I hope the medias will keep on broadcasting fans chanting "Sell the team" week in week out until the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sheehan this morning running with this...

If Bruce Allen was fired, would it encourage you to buy season tickets or go to games?

Not that simple for me really.  Firing Allen is a step in the right direction, but it's what happens afterwards that will really make the difference.  

What says you?

Agree in a more general sense.  Being an out-of-towner I don't go to games, but I've been seriously contemplating putting my fandom 'on hold' until they make some real changes.  Those changes obviously start with firing BA, but it's also about where they go from there.  Who is the next GM/El Presidente/Head Poobah/whatever?  And next head coach, etc? 

I believe if BA isn't fired this offseason I might have to take a hiatus for a while from the Skins and football in general.

12 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I agree with Bruce being more despised than Vinny.  Vinny was just sort of a joke, and people wanted him out, but he didn't foster the same level of resentment, frustration and downright anger that Bruce has garnered.  I'm sure part of it is related to the times, in the world of social media, everything is magnified.  But Bruce also has the reputation of being a slimeball on top of an incompetent fool; Vinny was just a dope.

Any plan that involves retaining Bruce in any capacity will do absolutely nothing to turn this team around, the gray clouds will stay overhead, and this is not an easy climate to improve.  The removal of Bruce will at least bring that instant spark of hope, and although the gray clouds may return someday soon since it is still Dan running the show, maybe the stars align and that brief spark of hope is soon followed by a productive front office structure, a solid head coach, and a franchise QB to bring us to better days.  It's still a long road with long odds, but it's definitely better than the alternative: keeping Bruce in the fold and having 0% chance of success.

Vinny at least didn't hide from the media.   Bruce ducks and hides from everything.  

The longer this season goes on with Bruce, the more likely he's coming back in 2020. This team needs a GM NOW. This GM needs to evaluate whats on the roster and prepare for 2020. 

Bruce isn't going anywhere fellas, even if this team is a botched two point conversion away from 0-16

But would firing Bruce change anything? Dan Snyder was a piece of **** before Bruce and he'll be a piece of **** after Bruce

8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Honestly, I'm looking really seriously at what happened in STL, SD, and Oak. Three very competent NFL cities and all lost their teams, with no real promise for a new one. LA lost their teams in the 80s. I think Snyder moving the team is certainly a possibility, maybe to one of these markets if they can negotiate. 

The problem with this theory is what has been touted since the stooge bought the team. "He's a FAN." Unlike those other owners, for whom it was solely about business, I don't think Snyder's fandom would ever allow him to consider moving the team. Then it wouldn't be "the Washington Redskins", the toy he so desperately wanted to purchase. It's like when a kid gets it in his mind that he wants THIS particular toy and ONLY this one. "But the other one is just the same, Danny, it's just got a different name."  "NO! I want THIS one." 

I don't think he will ever consider moving the team based on this. It's another hilarious cosmic joke. He won't move the team, thus ridding the fans of the problem that is him, because HE is a fan. 

And to think some used to think this was a good thing ... that our owner was also "a fan." It's actually made things a million times worse for us. 

What's funny is, I've heard that when they hire people out there at Redskin Park, they consider it a mark against you if you ARE a big fan of the team. They don't want that interfering with the work you're supposed to be doing, lol. Oh, beautiful irony. 

11 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

The longer this season goes on with Bruce, the more likely he's coming back in 2020. This team needs a GM NOW. This GM needs to evaluate whats on the roster and prepare for 2020. 

Bruce isn't going anywhere fellas, even if this team is a botched two point conversion away from 0-16

But would firing Bruce change anything? Dan Snyder was a piece of **** before Bruce and he'll be a piece of **** after Bruce

Well, it depends on who is brought in.

But likely the answer is no.

But as fans, we can't hope the owner is fired. He owns the team. So unless he decides to sell it, we're stuck with him. So the hope has to ride with Bruce Allen. Though he's just one of the two major issues with the Redskins.

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

The problem with this theory is what has been touted since the stooge bought the team. "He's a FAN." Unlike those other owners, for whom it was solely about business, I don't think Snyder's fandom would ever allow him to consider moving the team. Then it wouldn't be "the Washington Redskins", the toy he so desperately wanted to purchase. It's like when a kid gets it in his mind that he wants THIS particular toy and ONLY this one. "But the other one is just the same, Danny, it's just got a different name."  "NO! I want THIS one." 

I don't think he will ever consider moving the team based on this. It's another hilarious cosmic joke. He won't move the team, thus ridding the fans of the problem that is him, because HE is a fan. 

And to think some used to think this was a good thing ... that our owner was also "a fan." It's actually made things a million times worse for us. 

What's funny is, I've heard that when they hire people out there at Redskin Park, they consider it a mark against you if you ARE a big fan of the team. They don't want that interfering with the work you're supposed to be doing, lol. Oh, beautiful irony. 

Dan is not a fan of this team. He's a fan of money, power, and jock sniffing. 

This team will relocate if attendance continues to dwindle and more local officials reject a new stadium. 

Dan couldn't care less

Archived