Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread


Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, goskins10 said:

It is that simple for me. It's a no. Not spending any money directly with the team until Dan sells or I die - understanding the later is more likely to happen first. So I have probably gone to my last game at FedEx Field. Not making any judgement on anyone who makes a different decision. Trust me, I get it. 

 

But I personally can no longer do anything that directly supports Dan making more money. I am sure there are enough indirect things i do but at least I can stop the direct spend. 

That's an interesting point your raising here Goskins.

Somehow I feel quite a bit like this lately.

 

Sure, that's quite easy for me to say I'm not gonna spend money on Redskins stuff. There's no so many to buy around. Never went to a game either as I would have to cross the Atlantic and lots of wonderful stuff like this.

 

Still, I dream of doing my whole family abroad and attend a game, have fun doing it, spend a good afternoon, maybe do some tailgating or whatever... Then, I say to myself that it would cost a lot of money only to see a crappy team and feed my money into the pockets of the guy responsible for the mess this team has become. And that is a problem for me, because doing so would confort them in the fact that they're doing good while they're all doing it wrong...

 

At some points, Bruce, Dan, and every other owner will find out that they're not making any money if there's no more fans. The way this team is ruled should be a study for some "how to not run a company" blueprint. Because if not for the NFL's backbone behind it, this team would be in jeopardy or close to.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just listening to Chris Russell who has been on fire for years (after a rough patch) about getting things right about the FO.  He just shared three things.

 

A.  He heard that Dan is very aware of the fan unrest and is bothered by it.  (he didn't say though when he became aware)

 

B.  His revenue has dependance on both local TV ratings and concession sales/parking so what's going on he feels.  It's not just all about the shared national TV revenue. 

 

C.  The league is very concerned about what's going on with the Redskins. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell was only hated because it was at a time when many fans were blind to what was in front of them and it was easier to just label Russell a hater or question his intelligence. Same with the Washington Post.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Chris Russell who has been on fire for years (after a rough patch) about getting things right about the FO.  He just shared three things.

 

A.  He heard that Dan is very aware of the fan unrest and is bothered by it.  (he didn't say though when he became aware)

 

B.  His revenue has dependance on both local TV ratings and concession sales/parking so what's going on he feels.  It's not just all about the shared national TV revenue. 

 

C.  The league is very concerned about what's going on with the Redskins. 

Sounds like the beginning of a melt down 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt the point of owning a team to make money? I believe snyder loves the Redskins..I truly do..I also believe he loves to make money(see his yacht he don't fish from)its gotta be eating at him to see the money hes missing out on because of the "damn good culture"..I pray to god we see another cerrato scenario...that means Allen could be fired any week..lol...please snyder save the Redskins and ****ing fire bruce allen..get over your ****ing self, let go and let god.

 

That's are only hope..someone sits the snyder down and says look..this is what your doing wrong....I suggest you do this..and he listens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dyst said:

Russell was only hated because it was at a time when many fans were blind to what was in front of them and it was easier to just label Russell a hater or question his intelligence. Same with the Washington Post.

No, Russell’s full throated defense of both Haz and then Joe Barry turned a lot of people off from him.  Then when he said he would quit if the Skins signed DJax.  

 

He was a combination of obnoxious, arrogant and wrong about a bunch of things. 

 

He has gotten better since then.  But he wasn’t on a path of great success there for a while.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

 

He was a combination of obnoxious, arrogant and wrong about a bunch of things. 

 

 

He missed his calling then.

 

Maybe Doofus Dan will hire him next.

Edited by SkinsFTW
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Isnt the point of owning a team to make money? I believe snyder loves the Redskins..I truly do..I also believe he loves to make money(see his yacht he don't fish from)its gotta be eating at him to see the money hes missing out on because of the "damn good culture"..I pray to god we see another cerrato scenario...that means Allen could be fired any week..lol...please snyder save the Redskins and ****ing fire bruce allen..get over your ****ing self, let go and let god.

 

That's are only hope..someone sits the snyder down and says look..this is what your doing wrong....I suggest you do this..and he listens.

Bull****.  Snyder loves being the owner.

 

AS long as he can con the fans, "we are close"; he doesn't care.  If it isn't hurting his wallet, he really doesn't care.

It could be, that maybe he's finally feeling a pinch in wallet.  

 

Time will tell.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

A majority of Washingtonians support building a new Redskins stadium on the RFK Stadium site, but most don’t want to use taxpayer dollars to help pay for it, according to a Washington Post poll.

The Redskins have been searching for a new home, and the prospect of the storied franchise returning to the District has been a hot-button issue for city officials and elected leaders. The November poll of D.C. residents finds that nearly 6 in 10 — 59 percent — support the Redskins building a new football stadium two miles east of the U.S. Capitol, where RFK Stadium now stands, while 33 percent are opposed.

Nationals are D.C.'s favorite team, Post poll finds, as Redskins’ popularity plummets

But when it comes to funding the construction, Washingtonians aren’t nearly as supportive: 39 percent of D.C. residents support the city government providing the team with land to build a stadium on, and even fewer, 28 percent, support using city funds to help finance a new stadium.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Edit
A majority of Washingtonians support building a new Redskins stadium on the RFK Stadium site, but most don’t want to use taxpayer dollars to help pay for it, according to a Washington Post poll.

The Redskins have been searching for a new home, and the prospect of the storied franchise returning to the District has been a hot-button issue for city officials and elected leaders. The November poll of D.C. residents finds that nearly 6 in 10 — 59 percent — support the Redskins building a new football stadium two miles east of the U.S. Capitol, where RFK Stadium now stands, while 33 percent are opposed.

Nationals are D.C.'s favorite team, Post poll finds, as Redskins’ popularity plummets

But when it comes to funding the construction, Washingtonians aren’t nearly as supportive: 39 percent of D.C. residents support the city government providing the team with land to build a stadium on, and even fewer, 28 percent, support using city funds to help finance a new stadium.

 

If I still lived in DC this is exactly where I would be. I want the stadium downtown but do not want them to use tax payer $s. Dan (ownership team) need to foot this bill himself. 

 

I believe this in terms of all sports stadiums. This is not just a Redskins thing. I do not see the fairness of people who could care less about sports paying for stadiums with their tax $s. And it's been proven the additional revenue has been greatly exaggerated and when compared against cost the net is many times negative for smaller businesses in the areas of stadiums. 

 

That's all I will say here. This starts to cross over into a political discussion. Glad to take it with anyone who is interested in the tailgate. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any government entity should tell Dan to go **** himself. No taxpayer dollars will fund his stadium. If Dan doesn't like that, he can move.

 

If a deal happens that use taxpayers money, those politicians need to be impeached and removed  from office.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

If I still lived in DC this is exactly where I would be. I want the stadium downtown but do not want them to use tax payer $s. Dan (ownership team) need to foot this bill himself. 

 

I believe this in terms of all sports stadiums. This is not just a Redskins thing. I do not see the fairness of people who could care less about sports paying for stadiums with their tax $s. And it's been proven the additional revenue has been greatly exaggerated and when compared against cost the net is many times negative for smaller businesses in the areas of stadiums. 

 

That's all I will say here. This starts to cross over into a political discussion. Glad to take it with anyone who is interested in the tailgate. 

 

Yep.  In an era where corporate sponsorship basically covers the cost of a stadium over a relatively short period of time - like it has w/ FedEx during Snyder's tenure - then it is a crime to ask for taxpayer dollars to fund these stadiums when the money could be used for a lot more worthy causes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think DC should give them the land, but say any and all costs above that are on you.  Hopefully everywhere else will tell him 100% of costs are on you, land & building too.  If he doesn't want to fund it.... go find a city that will... Bye Felicia (dan)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, Russell’s full throated defense of both Haz and then Joe Barry turned a lot of people off from him.  Then when he said he would quit if the Skins signed DJax.  

 

He was a combination of obnoxious, arrogant and wrong about a bunch of things. 

 

He has gotten better since then.  But he wasn’t on a path of great success there for a while.

He is obnoxious and annoying for sure lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, Russell’s full throated defense of both Haz and then Joe Barry turned a lot of people off from him.  Then when he said he would quit if the Skins signed DJax.  

 

He was a combination of obnoxious, arrogant and wrong about a bunch of things. 

 

He has gotten better since then.  But he wasn’t on a path of great success there for a while.

Russell's problem (and its not unique to him, but he definitely suffers from it) is that he takes himself too seriously. I get that the whole radio persona is just a shtick, but its almost impossible for him to just state an opinion. he's got to be right and everybody who disagrees with him, even slightly is just wrong. And then he gets so emotional. The prop bets are annoying but like the Junkies say - commit to the bit, so I don't get mad at that. But he loses respect because of his whole tirade he'd go on defending Jim Haslett. I mean we all get to choose the hill we'll die on. Many (ala Grant Paulsen) are on the Kirk Cousins hill. Some were on the Scot Mc hill. Those are reasonable hills to die on. But the Jim Haslett one was just unbearable. And I try to be a reasonable fan so I'd post stats during the time saying things like Haslett puts players in position but they're not making the tackles, or we'd be good for 3 quarters and then give up a big play. Both are true statements, but it doesn't matter he wasn't doing good here and didn't deserve the defense that Russell was giving him. 

And the other thing is that when he becomes known for these outlandish arguments or bits like the walk to FedEx field, then it becomes hard to take him serious as an analyst. John Keim / JP Finley / Craig Hoffman / Michael Philips / Mark Bullock / Ben Standig / Rhiannon Walker aren't making these bets or outlandish statements. Heck, I've had legit conversations with most of them where we disagreed but could talk civilly. I've seen too many bad altercations with Russell to even attempt it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell's low point was saying Cowher is in the mix of HC candidates and yeah the Haz stuff.  It came out later that Haz became a friend of his sort of like Sheehan with Mike Shanahan.

 

Otherwise in recent years he's been on fire.  He got the Scot story before anyone.  The Doug hire.  D coordinator candidate meetings before everyone else, etc.

 

It's not hard to pick up a few things about "sources" in that FO.

 

A.  There are some in that building who don't like Bruce or Dan and are willing to spill

 

B.  It's miles easier to know what Bruce is up to versus Dan.

 

With Dan it feels like the beat guys are throwing hail marys.  With Bruce they have often been right even someone like Sheehan who called the media tour that Bruce ended up doing last year before it happened.

 

Some give them a hard time for getting things wrong.  I don't because these aren't actual reports.  Saying I've heard this or heard that isn't a report.  It's someone at that building sharing gossip and some of that is bound to be wrong.  Also like someone like Keim likes to say, it depends on what moment in time.  Something that is true today might not be true tomorrow.  Events change.  People change their minds.

 

It came up once in awhile when I debated people on the Kirk contract.  I sadly became a pseudo expert on the contract at least from the stand point of what was being said.  But those narratives kept changing.  Scot in 2016 wasn't the same as Scot in early 2017 on that story.  Bruce in January 2017 wasn't the same as April 2017, etc.    And its really not that confusing if you digest stuff like that in the context of your own lives.  My status whether its a relationship or job isn't frozen in time.  It can change as time marches on and context changes.  My mind can change as circumstances develop.  Same thing happens as Keim likes to say on rumors -- the FO might be thinking one way in Sept but in a different way in October so all rumor stuff doesn't always age well. 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell on tonight, too.

 

He doubles down that Dan is aware he's got a problem with fans.  But when he let Cerrato go, they were never close again so he didn't just lose a GM but a close friend.  He thinks that's what Dan likewise has to wrestle with, its not just the GM part but if he lets Bruce go than it likely ends their relationship and Dan likely isn't wild about losing Bruce's friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:Russell on tonight, too.

 

He doubles down that Dan is aware he's got a problem with fans.  But when he let Cerrato go, they were never close again so he didn't just lose a GM but a close friend.  He thinks that's what Dan likewise has to wrestle with, its not just the GM part but if he lets Bruce go than it likely ends their relationship and Dan likely isn't wild about losing Bruce's friendship.

 

If Dan has to pay people to be his friend then perhaps he should be looking into that with a therapist.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell on tonight, too.

 

He doubles down that Dan is aware he's got a problem with fans.  But when he let Cerrato go, they were never close again so he didn't just lose a GM but a close friend.  He thinks that's what Dan likewise has to wrestle with, its not just the GM part but if he lets Bruce go than it likely ends their relationship and Dan likely isn't wild about losing Bruce's friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

REbuild?

 

We are close, right?

 

This team isn't doing a true rebuild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...