Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

All I know is that every for team trading away high to mid range draft picks for WR there is one less team with the draft capital for TW. 

I ****ing hate Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder so much. If I had an opportunity to spend money to punch either in the face and let them know they've basically ruined the football team I grew up rooting for and that in the grand scheme of things both of their names will forever be linked to the most embarrassing era of the team's history, I would gladly cash in everything I have. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

All I know is that every for team trading away high to mid range draft picks for WR there is one less team with the draft capital for TW. 

I ****ing hate Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder so much. If I had an opportunity to spend money to punch either in the face and let them know they've basically ruined the football team I grew up rooting for and that in the grand scheme of things both of their names will forever be linked to the most embarrassing era of the team's history, I would gladly cash in everything I have. 

How can an owner continue to see his GM do nothing but continue to make his team worse? 1-6 with no plan to move any of our veteran assets and no statement to the fans about the direction of the team? How long do we tolerate this before calling out all of the 4 owners?

Kirk IMO is a good QB.  He can be very good at times.  He can be bad at times.  The great QBs are more consistent.  And he definitely needs to get over the hump as to playing well at the end of the season sans the 2015 season.  Yet, he's been arguably the best Qb in Dan's era.  We are paying over 30 million dollars right now at the Qb position for subpar play.  Bruce didn't get the last laugh.  Kirk did.    Bruce made Kirk a rich man thanks to those two tags.  Our team sucks.  The Vikings are good.  

Having said that I have as much interest in reliving the argument as a root canal but I'll give me 2 cents again this week since the match up is here.   I give Bruce a big fat F for how he handled the contract.  Having said that, I've borderline lost interest in the topic (until this week since we are playing the Vikings) because Bruce is on the ropes for so many other things that the Kirk situation has become almost a sideshow.  I notice people on twitter for example can hate Kirk and Bruce at the same time.   So its become borderline irrelevant except for this week with this head to head match.  If Kirk's performance was a direct pipeline to putting Bruce on the ropes -- I'd be all in.  But Bruce has so many other issues that I don't think it matters.  

I think how Bruce had handled Trent doubles down on how he handled Kirk.    This FO to me is meh.  Bruce individually is worse than meh IMO.  But Kyle elevates IMO the whole operation to meh.

I'll keep an open mind this week and hopefully Bruce surprises and makes some trades to build draft capital.  but if he doesn't, I think Bruce's handling of the Trent situation is worse than the Kirk contract.  Unlike the Trent situation, at least Bruce was able to rent Kirk and have him play for the team in the process.   During the Kirk contract, Bruce was headed to clown status but now he's a full fledged clown IMO with most of the fan base and has become a national punchline where he has actually eclipsed Vinny Cerrato.  🙄

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

How can an owner continue to see his GM do nothing but continue to make his team worse? 1-6 with no plan to move any of our veteran assets and no statement to the fans about the direction of the team? How long do we tolerate this before calling out all of the 4 owners?

I honestly have no idea and i'm basically at that point that so many have already reached. They're just such idiots. I can't stress that enough. Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder are basically Cancer. I wish nothing but the worst for both of them. The fact that i'm LEGITIMATELY rooting for them to lose each and every week is mindblowing still to me. If anyone ever had a chance to talk to either of these two assclowns, even if they're in a restaurant with their families or, hell, in church, I don't care, I would hope you would take advantage of the opportunity and really give it to them. I mean REALLY give it to them. 

29 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Really, their records are similar against winning teams?

17-26-1 for Aaron.  7-25 for Kirk. Considering the team Kirk played on until last year, kind of makes sense.  I had read an article regarding the whole Kirk can't beat winning teams and the writer put up many active QBs and some really good QBs had really bad records against "winning" teams. Kirk was low but so was everyone else.  Except Marcus Mariotta for some unexplainable reason.  Somehow Kirk gets that stat hung on him when everyone else is pretty bad at beating winning teams too.  Yeah, I know, 84 M.  Wide receivers make more than that now.

I hate seeing tweets with Bruce Allen's pic in it.

I want to throw my monitor into the street and stomp the crap outta it, visualizing its Bruce's head.

Screw a new stadium, I'd prefer they play in a damn sand lot as long as Allen is removed from this organization.  Besides, winning brings fans, brings in money, and would make the Redskins an attractive catch, but right now, with Bruce with this team, its a 55 yr old herpes and crabs-infested crack head hooker with no teeth.

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What a depressing season. Others have been bad, this has all but spiralled to the bottoms of the barrel.

As a minimum Bruce needs to trade Trent and we need to see Haskins at QB. Short of Bruce being fired, or moved aside away from football operations, snagging picks for Trent and the team getting some games into our rookie QB are essential to recover anything from this season for me.

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I have been saying for at least a couple of years now that the number 1 priority of the Redskins' organization is to do what makes Bruce Allen look good (or as good as it possibly can). It seems ridiculously obvious (not that anyone has really argued with me).

It's an astounding thing for a professional sports team, but there it is. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I have been saying for at least a couple of years now that the number 1 priority of the Redskins' organization is to do what makes Bruce Allen look good (or as good as it possibly can). It seems ridiculously obvious (not that anyone has really argued with me).

It's an astounding thing for a professional sports team, but there it is. 

You would think we are at the stage where nobody thinks Bruce looks good. What seems more astounding is that he continues to 'prosper' in his high profile role. Bruce and Dan live in a ****ing self contained bubble.

55 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

You would think we are at the stage where nobody thinks Bruce looks good. What seems more astounding is that he continues to 'prosper' in his high profile role. Bruce and Dan live in a ****ing self contained bubble.

If my memory serves me well, a year or two ago, there were reports that minority owners were being disgruntled with Bruce being Bruce.

Until now, the minority owners didn't help on this issue. Which is relatively weird. Even when you're the majority owner, it's better to give an hear to what minority owners say. Especially if they're all speaking as one.

The media has picked up on the idea that the fans do not like nor want Allen in the organization.

Its really up to the fans to force Snyder's hand on this, we all have to find a way to send the message even stronger and louder.

Mass protesting in front of the stadium, at the tailgates, signs everywhere demanding Allen be removed from the team in every facet.

Its hard for Redskin die-hards to not want to go to games, but its about the only thing that can be done at this point. Fans have to be convinced that they have to refrain from going to games to send the message loud and clear.

The media will pick up on the protesting and it will be all over the pre-game shows and radio, and eventually get to the commissioner, to the degree that he would be forced to step in. The LAST thing the league wants is mass protesting and empty stands; it gives them a black eye and a very negative appearance.

Opponents taking over the stadium doesn't happen with every team, only a handful, so Dan can't hide from this; it directly affects his pocketbook, and with the league's revenue sharing, it gives the league a much stronger hand in the deal to force the issue.

Its difficult, if not almost impossible, to tell fans not to go to games, but to stand outside and protest, but if large crowds constantly gather every sunday outside the stadium, Snyder could not hide from it, nor could the league, and they would be forced to step in.

Its our only hope...

11 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Screw a new stadium, I'd prefer they play in a damn sand lot as long as Allen is removed from this organization. 

Money, money, money.

Gotta pay off that yacht.

Look how much a new stadium increased the Cowboys value.

But Redskins fans keep on believing that Dan Snyder just got wants to win, and Bruce Allen is the real enemy of the fans. He's mind controlling a Billionaire into allowing him to kill off all the fans and there is nothing Dan can do. :rofl89:

4 hours ago, skins island connection said:

The media has picked up on the idea that the fans do not like nor want Allen in the organization.

Its really up to the fans to force Snyder's hand on this, we all have to find a way to send the message even stronger and louder.

Mass protesting in front of the stadium, at the tailgates, signs everywhere demanding Allen be removed from the team in every facet.

Its hard for Redskin die-hards to not want to go to games, but its about the only thing that can be done at this point. Fans have to be convinced that they have to refrain from going to games to send the message loud and clear.

The media will pick up on the protesting and it will be all over the pre-game shows and radio, and eventually get to the commissioner, to the degree that he would be forced to step in. The LAST thing the league wants is mass protesting and empty stands; it gives them a black eye and a very negative appearance.

Opponents taking over the stadium doesn't happen with every team, only a handful, so Dan can't hide from this; it directly affects his pocketbook, and with the league's revenue sharing, it gives the league a much stronger hand in the deal to force the issue.

Its difficult, if not almost impossible, to tell fans not to go to games, but to stand outside and protest, but if large crowds constantly gather every sunday outside the stadium, Snyder could not hide from it, nor could the league, and they would be forced to step in.

Its our only hope...

There is no hope.

19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Disagree.  The Trent non-trade has only cost us a high 2nd rounder, maybe a low 1st rounder.  And we can still get something for him when Bruce does blink.

Here are Bruce's larger mistakes:

• RG3 trade and draft.
  • Kirk Cousins situation.  Should have signed him for a reasonable amount in 2015.
  • Alex Smith trade and contract.
  • McNabb trade and contract

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Disagree.  The Trent non-trade has only cost us a high 2nd rounder, maybe a low 1st rounder.  And we can still get something for him when Bruce does blink.

• RG3 trade and draft.
  • Kirk Cousins situation.  Should have signed him for a reasonable amount in 2015.

Where does being an overall unlikable and not respected 'GM' with no legitimate personnel experience and a habit for fumbling, bumbling and lying the few times he speaks publicly rank on said list?

38 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

• RG3 trade and draft.

Good point the problem with that tweet is that person is judging the move in normal terms.  But Bruce's blunders have been epic so its not easy to climb to the top 3 worse considering there is so much to digest.  For just about any other GM it would be top 3 if not #1. 

Do you guys think the Williams situation sets a precedent for future players who potentially want to force way out with Skins?

If so, how does one place value on this: can we speculate on value of a future stud or other players not making a trade demand 2 years from now? Does this have value for anyone? Does it have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round value as far as tangible assets?

Just throwing it out there for discussion. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good point the problem with that tweet is that person is judging the move in normal terms.  But Bruce's blunders have been epic so its not easy to climb to the top 3 worse considering there is so much to digest.  For just about any other GM it would be top 3 if not #1. 

Revisionist history though. 

I think the majority would support giving up similar assets for Tua if Skins were in position of needing to add a QB. People celebrate the Eagles for going all in on Wentz or the Chiefs moving up for Mahomes. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, but I’m all for Skins being aggressive with the QB spot. 

15 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Do you guys think the Williams situation sets a precedent for future players who potentially want to force way out with Skins?

If so, how does one place value on this: can we speculate on value of a future stud or other players not making a trade demand 2 years from now? Does this have value for anyone? Does it have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round value as far as tangible assets?

Just throwing it out there for discussion. 

We've dealt into this plenty on the Trent thread.  My 2 cents is if Bruce wanted to make a point to Trent he already accomplished it.  Trent lost a lot of money.  So to me the discussion at this point if it's in favor of what they are doing -- then it would be how intense do we want the punishment be for certain players?  

For me, I want a haul.  That's my #1 thing.  Unless i am missing an example, Dan has never traded a veteran for a top pick (top 3 rounds), ever.  While he's being one of the biggest buyers of veterans/spenders for top draft picks.  He has one of the worst records in the NFL during that span.  IMO you are not rebuilding when you are always a buyer and NEVER a seller of veterans for top picks.  Only time Dan dumps veterans is when he unloads failing draft picks or failing FA signings for low draft picks.

For me, it would be very gratifying to see Dan finally gets off his ledge that he's always close and build for the future.  Not a halfway version of a rebuild but a real rebuild.

To me I definitely see the Trent situation as a watershed move for the FO considering their history.  Them punishing Trent more doesn't float my boat on that front.  I don't think Bruce has to make a point to the world that he isn't soft and he can show he is a stubborn dude. I think people already get that.  I think this is an opportunity to show that he actually isn't short sighted, bad at his job and blinded by his stubbornness.   

IMO Bruce in short would look better if he traded Trent versus held on to him.  

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

If you have to concern yourself with setting a precedent like that, you have even bigger fish to fry.  Besides, if Bruce truly believes the culture is damn good, why would folks be lining up to bail on the Skins?

28 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I think the majority would support giving up similar assets for Tua if Skins were in position of needing to add a QB. People celebrate the Eagles for going all in on Wentz or the Chiefs moving up for Mahomes. Sometimes it doesn’t work out, but I’m all for Skins being aggressive with the QB spot. 

Absolutely against that.  Especially now, with the fact that a high pick would be welcomed pretty much anywhere on the roster (outside of D-line).  Our roster isn't good enough to have the luxury to fixate on addressing the QB situation over and over.  

If we aren't organically bad enough to grab a top QB, I don't want Bruce trading away future picks for that right.  

That's how we almost ended up drafting Sweat with #15.  Or how we traded a 2020 2nd rounder in order to select him.  

Archived