Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

Ok, somewhat of a tangent but this rankles.....

It remains to be seen if Democrats will make a late-breaking investment in the race given the allegations and Senate Republicans’ disavowal. So far, Democratic committees have only made small investments in the race, given Alabama’s overwhelmingly Republican electorate.

Even after coast-to-coast victories for Democrats Tuesday night, party leaders still appeared wary about ramping up involvement on Wednesday.

I know it is too soon for any lesson to be learned from Virginia's voting, but again the national Dem machine has little or no interest in actually contesting the Repubs. They do the calculus of money and ROI and just surrender the field. My biggest impression from the other night was how much idealistic passion was on display by "outsiders" to the mainstream political process that weren't discouraged, didn't make some monetary calculation vis-a-vis running but did it for positive, moral reasons, to unseat or at the very least oppose incumbents that did not and would not represent them. Indivisible drove the Virginia voting and the DNC is scrambling to co-opt it but it was overwhelmingly genuine grassroots campaigning and messaging, something we have seen little of lately.

4 hours ago, JimboDaMan said:

Bill Clinton has been identified as having visited the resort on the island known as "pedo island". As the guest of the creep who ran the underage kids part of the place. But none of the underage girls have accused him of anything. In fact they haven't found any of the girls who even saw him. 

Trump also visited the island repeatedly and partied with thr pedo back in NY. In Trump's case there is a girl who says Trump visited her repeatedly for sex when she was 13 years old. There is an older woman who was there and corroborated the girl's story, and if memory serves me correctly allegedly there was another 14 year old favorited repeatedly by Trump but the story is that she mysteriously disappeared. None of which is actually proof of any wrongdoing. But in Clinton's case the issue seems to be poor choice of friends but nobody on "pedo island" has accused him of misconduct. 

I remember hearing that about Trump last year.  I was surprised it wasn't investigated further.

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I remember hearing that about Trump last year.  I was surprised it wasn't investigated further.

I think part of the reason it wouldn't be is because something like that, if true, would implicate way more people than just Trump and Clinton. That's a subject onto itself tho. 

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think part of the reason it wouldn't be is because something like that, if true, would implicate way more people than just Trump and Clinton. That's a subject onto itself tho. 

Well, whatever.  I mean, it should have been.  Maybe it'll be revisited now in the wake of Weinstein with all of these dominos falling.  

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

****. That's rough. Then the "goodbye" wave and smile. Yikes.

Dems would be stupid to not make this into a web ad.

Roy Moore is going to be a walking/talking Democrat ad once he gets elected.  His actions might play in Alabama, but in every state in play, he (and Trump) will be made the faces of the Republican brand.  And it's not like Moore is going to get to the Senate and knock off his antics.  He and Trump are going to be playing a weekly game of "who can say or do the dumbest ****."  

• Haha 1

So you have Mitt, Jeff Flake and John Kasich, saying "this is not the GOP, this is not who we are, go away Roy Moore!" this morning.

You know, if they really wanted to make a principled stand, they would announce that they are quitting the GOP. Admit that this steaming pile of turd IS actually your party and get out. Form a new political coalition. Even if you take 10% of the Republican base that has some sanity left, do it. 

Otherwise they are all a band of the same chicken **** politics that brought us Donald Trump, Roy Moore and Steve Bannon. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You know, if they really wanted to make a principled stand, they would announce that they are quitting the GOP. Admit that this steaming pile of turd IS actually your party and get out. Form a new political coalition. Even if you take 10% of the Republican base that has some sanity left, do it. 

I could see this happening and I think it could be very good for the country.

Also, I am a ridiculously optimistic person.

• Haha 1

So Mike Lee says Moore should step down if true. When he finds out he's pictured in Moore's ads? Yo, get me off that ASAP! No need for qualifiers anymore. Why did he even endorse this bigot in the first place? Why did anyone? I've got some bad news for Jeff Flake.

Edited by Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Alabama - where grown men combing the high schools for teenage girls is perfectly natural, but two grown men holding hands is a sin against God and evidence of Satan.

welcome-to-the-bible-belt-where-being-ob

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, you see, he did something monumentally stupid, two days later, and . . . :) 

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He'd probably walk out or change the subject. Only interested in talking about the next opponent than a dude who was diddling kids.

His track record is to blow his lid on questions like that.  I don't think I can post a video, but I do remember the "**** through a tin horn" rant. 

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

So it is gonna be like when Byrd got outed.

The governor demanded that Mr. Byrd withdraw from the Democratic ticket, as did most of the state's newspapers, but friends and neighbors donated 50 cents here and a dollar there so he could keep his campaign going.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/28/AR2010062801241_5.html?sid=ST2010070205422