Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

The excuses being made for this guy forced me to turn CNN off.  People that target children infuriate me, and I simply can not listen to people brush it off or excuse it.  I don't care if Moore steps down or not, I see no reason to expect a predator that targets children to make the right decision.  Doing the opposite of whats decent is really the only thing we should expect from him.  What alarms me is that he stands a good chance of winning.  That is something that should shame all of us as Americans.  Seems to be a lot of that happening these days. 

• Like 4

just observed the ex-head of the alabama gop defend roy, blame the media over and over---especially cnn and jake tapper and hillary and bill got lots of bad mention, say the suspicious timing---like how the release on trump was so timely too---overrules everything unless a court says otherwise, just babbling at times and tripping all over himself in irrational/contradictory/hypocritical statements and sweating profusely while also laughing in what was supposed to be a dismissive manner at jake interviewing him and the network but looked awkward and guilty a and nervous...like martin short's "defensive lawyer guy" from snl.....another human doing a great imitation of vermin

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Question to the room- Have you ever gone to a grown woman's mother to ask permission to date her? I have not. Maybe it's just me though.

I don't think #RoyMoore's statement passes the sniff test.

He is a bit older than you, my FiL married a 16 yr old in his late 20's

Of course he is German descent ;)

I have a sneaky suspicion that IF TRUE, this behavior did not stop 20 or 30 years ago.  It just hasn't surfaced yet. 

I'm going to go with the assumption that something happened with young girls.  I have no idea if it's true that Moore had a relationship with a 14 year old.  Practically speaking, this is a he said/she said from 30 years ago.  In today's world with things like the Duke Lacross scandal, the Air Force Academy thing being a fabrication, who knows what to believe.  

Though Moore on Hanity didn't exactly deny that he had some type of relationships with young girls.  

And I really believe that if you're going to allow yourself to do that once, you'll keep doing it.  So, I'm guessing there are other women out there, and this is only going to get worse for Mr. Moore.  

15 minutes ago, twa said:

He is a bit older than you, my FiL married a 16 yr old in his late 20's

Of course he is German descent ;)

But before asking her out did he seek out her mother's permission? Have you ever gone to a mother to ask permission to ask a girl out before the first date?

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

A Russian troll account on twitter posted that he "heard from his wife, who was told by a friend, that she was offered $1000 by WaPo to lie about Roy Moore".

At last count, the tweet from the troll account was at 4000 retweets. 

And now Gateway Pundit, a fairly popular right wing blog, is running with it:

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/929063621698703360

Utter madness.

What is the russian troll account and how do we know it's a russian troll account? 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

The Republican Party is slowly becoming the party that champions Nazis, pedophiles, and rapists. Makes you miss the days when they solely championed Big Oil billionaires.

Actually, if you go back to the period of time from 1946 through basically 1992, the balance between the Democrats and the Republicans really kept the country on even keel.  The Republicans were (mostly) in favor of business and growth, and the Democrats were the spokes-people for the workers and middle class.  

Typically, you ran from the left/right, but governed from the middle.  There was compromise, and things generally worked.  

The problem now is that everything is so broken that everything is done on the fringes.  There's no middle, no compromise.  It's pretty ick.  

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that IF TRUE, this behavior did not stop 20 or 30 years ago.  It just hasn't surfaced yet. 

I'm going to go with the assumption that something happened with young girls.  I have no idea if it's true that Moore had a relationship with a 14 year old.  Practically speaking, this is a he said/she said from 30 years ago.  In today's world with things like the Duke Lacross scandal, the Air Force Academy thing being a fabrication, who knows what to believe.  

Though Moore on Hanity didn't exactly deny that he had some type of relationships with young girls.  

And I really believe that if you're going to allow yourself to do that once, you'll keep doing it.  So, I'm guessing there are other women out there, and this is only going to get worse for Mr. Moore.  

Moore married his wife in the mid 80s.  She’s 14 years younger then he is so yeah he courted much younger women when he was in his 30s.  But there’s nothing out there saying he’s ever committed adultery.  I don’t see this as a Cosby/Weinstein situation where it went on for decades.  It looks to be isolated to a 5 year span of time.  Unless someone digs up accounts of him doing this in his 20s, prior to 1979.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Republicans were (mostly) in favor of business and growth, and the Democrats were the spokes-people for the workers and middle class.  

I don't think I've met those (elected) Republicans since I've become politically aware. I do wish they would go back to that. The policies of Reagan going forward may be probusiness and progrowth in the very short term, but they've been so fiscally irresponsible in the middle and long terms as to negate that.

You could argue that even today's Republicans are pro business and growth as their agenda is strictly designed to make billionaires richer, but I don't know that that's how I define pro growth.

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

But before asking her out did he seek out her mother's permission? Have you ever gone to a mother to ask permission to ask a girl out before the first date?

Yes he did, me no

The ones dating my daughter dang sure better