Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

i can see an unholy trinity of an alliance someday that might impact the national political landscape in serious manner...me, twa, and lsf join forces to form a third party that just confuses the holy and the unholy **** out of everyone, but is still irresistibly attractive to everyone and more fun than a barrel of hairless monkeys

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Probably think he is being targeted, I hear they have a persecution complex among other issues.

Yeah, I can see that. Most dominant groups who have for generations forced their religion upon minority groups and who have for an equal amount of time used their religion as a litmus test for their selection of public service officials, I do hear that those majority groups often have highly developed persecution complexes as a result of their centuries of religious privilege.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

yes, but then they exist for a reason.

anyone know what the charge would have been back then?

Yeah, back then in Alabama he would have had to marry her.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i can see an unholy trinity of an alliance someday that might impact the national political landscape in serious manner...me, twa, and lsf join forces to form a third party that just confuses the holy and the unholy **** out of everyone, but is still irresistibly attractive to everyone and more fun than a barrel of hairless monkeys

Good lord!  Well, twa and I will be residing in the same state soon. 

It would definitely be unholy!:headbang:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, twa said:

yes, but then they exist for a reason.

anyone know what the charge would have been back then?

I'm assuming child molestation and giving alcohol to a minor was illegal back then. They can change the law on time limits if they really wanted to. I think Alabama should look into ending limitations on sex crimes. Haven't really seen any one on the ground in Alabama talking about that. This should be a nationwide movement.

12 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Roy Moore must be elected. He is what the GOP is today. We need that example in the Senate next year and plastered in ads everywhere. A Senator US Moore is the Democrats best weapon in 2018.  See, Roy Moore, is everything the GOP stands for.  Do you want GOP candidate X to represent you?

Roy Moore can be a subject for 2018 voters without him being in the US Senate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need to talk about the segment of American culture that probably doesn't think the allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore are particularly damning, the segment that will blanch at only two accusations in the Washington Post expose: He pursued a 14-year-old-girl without first getting her parents' permission, and he initiated sexual contact outside of marriage. That segment is evangelicalism. In that world, which Moore travels in and I grew up in, 14-year-old girls courting adult men isn't uncommon.

I use the phrase "14-year-old girls courting adult men," rather than "adult men courting 14-year-old girls," for a reason: Evangelicals routinely frame these relationships in those terms. That's how I was introduced to these relationships as a home-schooled teenager in the 1990s, and it's the language that my friends and I would use to discuss girls we knew who were in parent-sanctioned relationships with older men.

One popular courtship story that was told and retold in home-school circles during the 1990s was that of Matthew and Maranatha Chapman, who turned their history into a successful career promoting young marriage. Most audiences, however, didn't realize just how young the Chapmans had in mind until the site Homeschoolers Anonymous and the blogger Libby Annerevealed that Matthew was 27 and Maranatha was 15 when they married. Libby Anne also drew mainstream attention to Matthew Chapman's writings, in which he argued that parents should consider marriage for their daughters in their "middle-teens." At that point the Chapmans stopped receiving quite so many speaking invitations.

Child marriage advocate Vaughn Ohlman followed more or less the same arc. He made a career out of speaking at home-school conventions until the wider world heard tell — again thanks to Homeschoolers Anonymous — of his planned retreat for families to arrange child marriages.

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson advocated for adult men to marry 15- and 16-year-old girlsand deemed age 20 too old because "you wait until they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that's going to take place is your pocket." Home-school leader Kevin Swanson, whose 2015 convention was attended by several Republican presidential candidates, defended Robertson on his radio show after the story broke. Advocating for child marriage hasn't slowed down Robertson's career. He just got a new show on the conservative digital network CRTV.

As a teenager, I attended a lecture on courtship by a home-school speaker who was popular at the time. He praised the idea of "early courtship" so the girl could be molded into the best possible help meet for her future husband. The girl's father was expected to direct her education after the courtship began so she could help her future husband in his work.

http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-brightbill-roy-moore-evangelical-culture-20171110-story.html

There is no difference between this crap and what we criticize fundamentalist Muslims over. IMO, they are the same people.

• Like 5

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

http://beta.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-brightbill-roy-moore-evangelical-culture-20171110-story.html

There is no difference between this crap and what we criticize fundamentalist Muslims over. IMO, they are the same people.

While that writer is a weee bit biased, it certainly was a problem in the past and probably still is in some areas.

Not familiar with IFB churches, but was raised in a fundamentalist evangalistic Baptist church (ABA)

Don't recall any young girls in our churches getting married off before 18, much less to a much older fella, it was discouraged if anything....course we were city folk :)

I did marry a younger woman, almost delayed it when I realized she was not quite 21.

We did have a lady there that married a guy 20 yrs younger(which some had a issue with)

They were rather strict about premarital sex and such, though there were some hound dogs like my brother.

historically and even today the coming out age for girls tends to be about two yrs younger than is general in the north.

of course further south like Mexico it goes even younger.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm assuming child molestation and giving alcohol to a minor was illegal back then.

Moore was a lawyer wasn't he?....maybe someone should ask him what the charges would have been.

5 hours ago, twa said:

Probably think he is being targeted, I hear they have a persecution complex among other issues.

One which has been deliberately stoked, for decades.  For political purposes.  By the side you wholeheartedly support.  

Just now, Larry said:

One which has been deliberately stoked, for decades.  For political purposes.  By the side you wholeheartedly support.  

well I wouldn't say wholeheartedly, except when the option is she who might must not be named. :evil:

hillary-clinton-LOSER.jpg

or if ya meant the religious crowd....they have their doubts

• Haha 1