Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

Not sure the church defending a pedophile carries too much weight, after the widespread coverups of sexual abuse by the church itself. One criminal covering for another.

On a side note, a lot of backwoods rednecks seem to be supporting Moore, and think he did nothing wrong, which is awful on many levels. Is pedophilia a Republican tradition or something?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

On a side note, a lot of backwoods rednecks seem to be supporting Moore, and think he did nothing wrong, which is awful on many levels. Is pedophilia a Republican tradition or something?

I'm sure they feel like "Still better than Doug Jones." I don't understand why they can't just admit this dude is disgusting and move on. You can still elect another Republican.

It's Alabama, they should just have an option for "a Republican to be named later" like in baseball trades.  Then they can thoroughly vet every elected official currently holding a lower office to see if they can find one that is both sufficiently conservative and isn't a child molester.  If not, per the Alabama state constitution, the Senate seat goes to one of Bear Bryant's old hounds tooth hats. 

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

If Roy Moore is elected, it would be the safe to not trust GOP voters around your children.

I passed this line immediately following the non-reaction to "grab her by the ****."

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wilson gets right to the point:

In a just and sane world, Roy Moore would have already been disqualified, but in the era of Bannonite Republicanism, the gravity, credibility, and seriousness of the accusations against Moore aren’t disqualifiers; they’re selling points to a faction of the GOP intent on showing the world just how low they can sink as a party and as humans.

• Like 1

And just an aside... Moore signed the girl's yearbook:

“To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas."

Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A. 12-22-77 Olde Hickory House."

Which I don't understand.  Is he wishing her Merry Christmas? If so, he is saying she is not sweet and beautiful, because he writes "he could not" say that to "a sweeter more beautiful girl." 

It's either an insult or a stupidly worded Yearbook note.  Either way, I say that alone disqualifies him from serving in the Senate.

OK, so I think the chronology here is:  

1)  It becomes public knowledge that a prominent Republican politician has a long history of using his elected office to proposition teenaged girls.  

2)  When this information becomes public knowledge, Republican politicians nationwide unanimously choose party loyalty over propositioning teenaged girls.  

3)  Polling data suggests that a small portion of Republican voters might decide that propositioning teenaged girls is more important than party loyalty.  Not a lot.  Maybe 10% of the party's voters.  

4)  However, there's a chance that this might be enough to cost the Party the election.  

5)  Then some Republican politicians (not all, but some) decide that propositioning teenaged girls is important.  .  

Folks, the folks now asking Moore to stop aren't choosing propositioning teenaged girls over party loyalty.  They've decided that condemning propositioning teenaged girls is now the party loyalty position.  

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

And just an aside... Moore signed the girl's yearbook:

“To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas."

Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A. 12-22-77 Olde Hickory House."

Which I don't understand.  Is he wishing her Merry Christmas? If so, he is saying she is not sweet and beautiful, because he writes "he could not" say that to "a sweeter more beautiful girl." 

It's either an insult or a stupidly worded Yearbook note.  Either way, I say that alone disqualifies him from serving in the Senate.

He forgot the period between "say" and "Merry", 

Should read

To a sweeter, more beautiful girl, I could not say. Merry Christmas....