Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

Just now, Hersh said:

Who is happy about it? 

Maybe not happy about it, but are loooooooving to point out that it's a Republican.  I'm sure twa wouldn't think twice to start this thread if it was a someone with a D next to their name who was in trouble.

Come on, these are our elected officials.  Having Trump make us look terrible is bad enough, we don't need anyone else doing so, R or D.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Countdown to the GOPers dismissing this because it happened in 1979 ....5.....4.....3....2....1

After this countdown reaches zero, we can start the countdown to the social media crucifixion of these sluts that enticed an upstanding man of god.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'll bet anyone a bitcoin that Moore wins the election.

No way in hell he doesn't. Maybe this shaves off .5% or so, but Alabammy voted for the :bill:grabber-in-Chief to lead the entire frickin' country. I'd be shocked if he loses. Aside from the Dr. Strangelove-like tendency to vote R and a lack of character, a write-in campaign loss for Moore just ain't gon' happen due to the East coast elitist skills and edumacashun required. Besides, it's what Jesus would do....to let evangelicals tell it. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

... And the defense is out :doh:

I just threw up in my mouth a little. And yet it was such a scandal that Slick Willie had sex with that (consenting-age) woman. But this, this is just muckraking to smear a good, god fearin' man. Uhhh, yeah, right.:rolleyes:

Edited by The Sisko

I think if you are hearing “happiness,” Spiff it’s more about a rotten guy possibly getting his comeuppance. 

Moore has been pretty terrible throughout his career and has been largely rewarded for it. Many of his actions and decisions have been vile. 

Still, I don’t get a happiness vibe as much as a righteousness vibe. There is a slime fatigue. The bar has been lowered so many times (esp in the GOP) that there’s hope that maybe there’s still a line even that can’t be crossed

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Maybe not happy about it, but are loooooooving to point out that it's a Republican.  

Indeed. In fact, I might even put Republican in the OP in all CAPS.

Roy Moore is a piece of ****, who berated and made life a living hell for the LGBTQ community in Alabama. 

He has gone after lawmakers of other religions, saying they shouldn't be allowed to serve.

He is a national symbol of bigotry. Every time a Republican bigot is exposed, it should be shouted from the rooftops to point out the hypocrisy of their Bible thumping bull****.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Maybe not happy about it, but are loooooooving to point out that it's a Republican.  I'm sure twa wouldn't think twice to start this thread if it was a someone with a D next to their name who was in trouble.

Come on, these are our elected officials.  Having Trump make us look terrible is bad enough, we don't need anyone else doing so, R or D.  

I'm loving pointing out that GOP members of Congress are painting themselves into a corner as they are totally condoning one type of sexual assault while condemning another. (when none of it should be acceptable). 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I think if you are heating “happiness,” Spiff it’s more about a rotten guy possibly getting his comeuppance. 

Moore has been pretty terrible throughout his career and has been largely rewarded for it. Many of his actions and decisions have been vile. 

Still, I don’t get a happiness vibe as much as a righteousness vibe. There is a slime fatigue. The bar has been lowered so many times (esp in the GOP) that there’s hope that maybe there’s still a line even that can’t be crossed

After banking on that with Dump, I've been disabused of that notion. There is no bar too low for them. Conservatives now have no room to tutt tutt and shake their heads about Marion Barry being elected now that Dump has done it. It's the exact same thing and unless they convince him to drop out, there's no way he loses.

Just now, No Excuses said:

Indeed. In fact, I might even put Republican in the OP in all CAPS.

Roy Moore is a piece of ****, who berated and made life a living hell for the LGBTQ community in Alabama. 

He has gone after lawmakers of other religions, saying they shouldn't be allowed to serve.

He is a national symbol of bigotry. Every time a Republican bigot is exposed, it should be shouted from the rooftops to point out the hypocrisy of their Bible thumping bull****.

Not denying he's a piece of ****.  Just saying, it'd be cool if you took as much glee in pointing out when a D is as big of a piece of ****.  

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

After banking on that with Dump, I've been disabused of that notion. There is no bar too low for them. Conservatives now have no room to tutt tutt and shake their heads about Marion Barry being elected now that Dump has done it. It's the exact same thing and unless they convince him to drop out, there's no way he loses.

I worry about that too. I do hope there are still lines and that partisanship hasn’t become religion to that degree. 

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

You realize that would amount to a campaign ad for today's GOP, right?

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

there is no bottom

And just like that, Burgold is proven wrong before the ink was even dry on his post. :unsure:

I'm happy to see him contract a flesh-eating virus, but not because he's a goper. 

But I also am fine when the cowboys suffer because one of their guys gets suspended,. not just for justice which is certainly priority one, but as an added bonus because it might inhibit their chances at success and help ours. while i'm not a dem, i sure look at the gop these days a lot more like the cowboys than not, and don't mind anything that ****s their shiit up at this time. 

and i like to remember that all of this is always far secondary to the issues of the people abused in all these instances

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not denying he's a piece of ****.  Just saying, it'd be cool if you took as much glee in pointing out when a D is as big of a piece of ****.  

I would have no problem. Do you see Democrats supporting a pedophile for office?

Also kudos on doing twa's job of "but the Democrats". 

You people are ridiculous with this both sides garbage. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

there is no bottom

Did you read the article? He says it's all good cause he didn't have nor did he try to have intercourse with the girls. In other words, he just condoned sexual molestation.  

Edited by Hersh

That he spends a bunch of time talking about old dudes boning teen girls, and then says nothing "illegal" is just astounding.

Like, okay, if your morals says boning teens to procreate is not bad, like, I strenuously disagree, but okay, your morals.  They're subjective.

But the law is the law.  The end.

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What's truly messed up is he probably still gets elected. By AL state law his name will be on the ballot.

• Sad 2

No chance this impacts anything.  What every single one of the "condemnations" by McConnell et al means by including "if true" is "if incontrovertibly true."  First, these things happened in the 70s, this is going to be a he said/she said (with multiple shes, but still).  Trump supporters don't believe **** that is captured on film because it doesn't confirm their worldview.  They certainly aren't going to believe this.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

there is no bottom

i think the real issue is that this may be very common in Alabama.

22 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I would have no problem. Do you see Democrats supporting a pedophile for office?

Also kudos on doing twa's job of "but the Democrats". 

You people are ridiculous with this both sides garbage. 

Anthony Weiner is literally in prison right now, ffs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No chance this impacts anything.  What every single one of the "condemnations" by McConnell et al means by including "if true" is "if incontrovertibly true."  First, these things happened in the 70s, this is going to be a he said/she said (with multiple shes, but still).  Trump supporters don't believe **** that is captured on film because it doesn't confirm their worldview.  They certainly aren't going to believe this.  

Oh, they'll believe it, but find ways to publicly dispute it. It's like there Russian argument.

"There was no collusion..." sees at evidence... "and if there was it was no big deal!"

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yup. But it gets worse:

Republicans don't even care that he's a pedophile. 

We are literally watching the decay of our society. These people are a danger to us all.

• Sad 2