Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

47 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I know you are joking, but **** that bull****. Everyone should be angry, and calling this nonsense out at every turn.

**** their feelings. I for one, will continue to be pissed, and expect more out of the "Leaders" in the country where I live

I used to be angry and realized it didn't get me anywhere.  Didn't improve my life, didn't help me at work,  didn't motivate me to do better in any avenue of my life, it didn't help me grow as a person.  I'm strictly talking about myself, not trying to tell you what you should do with your life.  If it makes you feel better to  be pissed, yell and scream, have at it.  I would hope that you're doing it in a constructive way like emailing their offices directly and voicing your displeasure to the people that matter.  Posts in the Tailgate, facebook posts, tweets not directed @ anyone don't do a whole lot.  

I don't expect anything out of them anymore because, well, they're not leaders.  You hinted at it yourself when you said "leaders".  These are people who'll pander to anyone for a vote to stay elected, make a good salary and then use taxpayer money to wiggle out of sexual harassment suits.  That's not a leader.  

I posted it somewhere before, but one of Obama's speechwriters had a good column a few weeks ago about what he learned and I found this part most interesting:

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/11/15/16652566/obama-speechwriter-trump-presidency

But here, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is the single most valuable lesson I learned in my 20s: There are no grown-ups, at least not in the way we imagined as kids. There’s no room full of all-knowing elders in charge.

True, people often referred to POTUS as “the adult in the room.” But it took me years before I fully understood what that meant. As much as I admire and respect him, President Obama wasn’t perfect. Not every decision he made was correct. What made Obama the adult in the room was the way he defined his priorities. Children strive only for pleasure; adults strive for fulfillment. Children demand adoration; adults earn respect. Children find worth in what they acquire; adults find worth in the responsibilities they bear.

And while it turns out the world has no all-powerful grown-ups, it has an overwhelming number of children. They come in all ages, from every walk of life and every corner of the political map.

More than anything else, or perhaps at the root of everything else, this is what worries me about our current political moment. Yes, Donald Trump is the oldest person ever to become president. But he’s also our first child commander-in-chief.

These people we've elected strive for pleasure and demand adoration.  This guy couldn't have said it any better.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I used to be angry and realized it didn't get me anywhere.  Didn't improve my life, didn't help me at work,  didn't motivate me to do better in any avenue of my life, it didn't help me grow as a person. 

Thanks dr. Phil. I've been to many dark places throughout my life ( like many others) and made it back. I know the dangers of a destructive/victim mindset. I know how to overcome it. I know what it's like to have no hope. I know what it's like to wish you were dead. I know what it's like to feel reborn, with purpose, and full control of your own life. I know none of that has jack sparrow to do with how I feel about this.

This hurts, but it is not coming from within, inside and out. It is directed specifically at a large group of people that are killing our country (that's what I actually meant by "Leaders"). It doesn't make me go in a shell, or unable to carry. At this point, I  could write a book about how to freaking carry on). It's actually made me grateful for the smaller things in life... Things (and people) i would do anything to protect. I'm not angry for the sake of being angry, nor are the majority of people on this board or in real life (contrary to your nonsense)

I told you all of this before, here: http://es.redskins.com/topic/407514-trump-and-his-cabinetbuffoonery9-months-in-and-were-the-laughing-stock-of-the-universe/?page=832&tab=comments#comment-11103446 explaining in detail why I was angry (why we should all be... Again, not the kind of angry you are talking about), who I was angry at, what I was doing within my power to help make something positive out of it, and what you could do too. I hoped that I had reached you enough to at least get you to understand why we were outraged, so you would stop with the insulting crap. But it's clear that you simply won't. So maybe I'll try more direct and blunt.

I'm strictly talking about myself

If that was true, your words would reflect that. Right now, again, mentioning how you just think we (or most people) all have a hard on for Trump (or some other bull**** ass similar comment ) you seem more concerned with good people not standing for this and voicing their displeasure rather than what it is they are talking about, or why they are talking about it.

If it makes you feel better to  be pissed, yell and scream, have at it.  I would hope that you're doing it in a constructive way like emailing their offices directly and voicing your displeasure to the people that matter.  Posts in the Tailgate, facebook posts, tweets not directed @ anyone don't do a whole lot.  

I have done both (constructive and cursing at the tv... Balance :) )

You know what doesn't do a whole lot? Even more than fake, theater quality outrage? Mocking people, who's sole reason for your displeasure/annoyance, is apparently caring too much about something that will rewrite US history, and currently is making their lives unbelievably difficult, saying above what they should do (assuming they did nothing previously and aren't currently) while you apparently do nothing, and will continue doing so. Many of these bonerific people are fighting their asses off, from community outreach, to helping educate younger people on the importance of voting, to bringing real news, connecting dots and putting the truth out there for all to see, and beyond. As for those who are outraged, and maybe aren't meeting your standards of action, but are talking nonetheless (which i am perfectly fine with), it is a hot button topic that affects them, so maybe you should just get over it (probably what I should've said the first time).

I don't care whether or not you have hope for our political system. Many of us do (I do, despite how I may come off in several threads in a snapshot of thought), and are  voting for, and electing people who will do something about it.

I don't expect you to see our point of view. I don't care if you do, honestly. So if it makes you feel better to be free as a butterfly, living your own world, feel free. But I will continue to call you and anyone else out that says this ****. It's not true, and it needs to stop.

Respond/don't respond, whatever, don't care. This is all I have to say right here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

People obsessively hate Donald Trump only because he gives them ample reason to. Every. Single. Day.  He is damaging this country.

Call the hate a form of patriotism.

Yup, hate is in essence the strongest or most intense expression of rejection human beings have. And like you said above this isn't blind hate at all, but the culmination of the deep seated rejection of trump's bull**** and destruction of our trust and our values day after day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dan T. said:

So Ted Cruz is a hypocritical dick.  Who'da thunk it.

Most people are, but there is a distinction between a sitting Senator's actions and what a candidate did decades before.

or do you disagree?

I'd be fine with a sexual assault litmus test for all of them....but I'm a nut. :)

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

If the candidate attempted to rape minors does matter if it was decades ago?

If it is only a allegation does it matter?....obviously not to Clinton voters :evil:

Time matters under the law, we shall see if it matters to the voters.

Cruz is correct that it is the voters who should determine if they believe it....since the court cannot at this point.

Current events are covered by both in the Franken matter, along with congressional ethics committee and such.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Time matters under the law, we shall see if it matters to the voters.

Cruz is correct that it is the voters who should determine if they believe it....since the court cannot at this point.

Pedophiles shouldn't get a pass because the statute of limitations ran out. Voters will determine but Cruz can also comment that he's not be cool with working with a child molester. I fully believe you'd vote for Moore regardless of how credible you found the allegations of all these women.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

Pedophiles shouldn't get a pass because the statute of limitations ran out. Voters will determine but Cruz can also comment that he's not be cool with working with a child molester. I fully believe you'd vote for Moore regardless of how credible you found the allegations of all these women.

well since Moore has not been accused of rape(wrong term) or being a pedophile(wrong term) I'll take your opinion with a grain or two of salt.

If you would like to change the law feel free to try, if ya will add capital punishment for it I might even help ya.

Lol. Now we're arguing about semantics. Dude was feeling up on a 14 year old. Hands over breast and panties. But no he wasn't attempting statutory rape at least. That's a pedophiles in my book

I could probably forgive feeling up a 14 yr old back in the day, of course I would kill them if it was my daughter.

can we kill him and forgive him? :pint: