Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

52 minutes ago, visionary said:

The whole point of the trick was to help Moore, and make people distrust reporting (except when done by the far right) and accusers, not to test the Post.  

Exactly!

This wasn’t some “we’re in it to strengthen the 4th estate”! This was just another hack job by those on the Right to try and discredit the media. These people don’t deserve praise, they deserve scorn and shame. Trying to spin this as some noble effort is a freaking joke!

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Destino said:

How is it possible that James O'Keefe is free to keep running these scams?  Shouldn't he have been jailed and sued into oblivion by now? 

And making hundreds of thousands of dollars on the books while probably paying his staff the bare minimum if that. 

Feels like we need a thread on scams and frauds for these stories. 

11 hours ago, Destino said:

How is it possible that James O'Keefe is free to keep running these scams?  Shouldn't he have been jailed and sued into oblivion by now? 

Because scumbags have a lot of money, like the President.

still cannot get over how stupid people were to let him get over on the ACORN stuff. That was so effing disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, visionary said:

I think the biggest problem with reporting isn't fact checking for most of the main news sources (outside Fox), it's when reporters cover stories on subjects that they don't really have a lot of experience on because it is somewhat related to what they normally cover or they have an interest in it.  For instance, cyber, foreign policy, or law related articles where they don't really know what they're talking about.  

Meteor

I have to say, if I were a Dem in 'bama, I think I might go and vote for ole RooOOOooooy Moore, just to hang him around the necks of the Senate Rs. They have gone on and on about him, trying to distance themselves and rumbling about expelling him from his seat (which we all know ain't gonna happen). Good old monkey's paw strikes again.

And while I'm here.............

23915917_1729807767030456_76206215398344

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tshile said:

Disagree - keeping journalists (many aren't even that) in check is important.

Remember the rolling Stones article that falsely threw an entire fraternity and university under the bus over a made up gang rape?

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The whole Rolling Stones episode was terrible. The accuser and Rolling Stones. The accuser for hurting for actual victims by making up BS and Rolling Stones for not doing due diligence. Rolling Stones ruined any reputation they might have had. Don't remember the last time I've seen an article from them.

Really.  Who would trust the journalistic integrity of these guys:

The-Rolling-Stones.jpg

By way of saying the magazine is Rolling Stone.  The rock group is the Rolling Stones

Pet peeve.

Also, thank you Project Veritas.  In a backhanded way, you have enabled the Washington Post to illustrate, in stark contrast, the difference between responsible journalism and the dreck that is polluting society's public discourse these days.  Responsible journalism is under attack.  Make no mistake about it. From the President on down.

I actually got goose bumps watching the video of those two women talking in that Greek diner.  The contrast between Stephanie McCrummen's responsible, fact-based journalism and whatever it is that Jamie Phillips and her boss James O'Keefe purport to represent was stunning,

• Like 5

17 hours ago, visionary said:

The whole point of the trick was to help Moore, and make people distrust reporting (except when done by the far right) and accusers, not to test the Post.  

Well, it was to help Moore by testing and discrediting the Post.  I'm loving this story, it is so ****ing crazy and I love that the Post is putting it all out there.  You probably saw the tweet that Veritas did with their heavily edited version, and every other reply was a link to the Post story.

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

still cannot get over how stupid people were to let him get over on the ACORN stuff. That was so effing disgusting.

ACORN got hosed over so bad, and the amazing thing is that perfectly normal people still believe that the bullcrap allegations against it were real.   It stands out a one of the most effective smear jobs in the history of politics. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I still can't get over the fact that what he did to ACORN isn't a crime.  Who knew that intentionally destroy a organization, and in doing so cost many their jobs and reputations, through creating and spreading falsehoods with clear intent is not considered a crime?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Papa was a Rolling stone...

Not mine... but 

You are correct that my timeline is off.  The "Rolling Stone" imagery goes back further than Dylan.  I think the Rolling Stones band  name was inspired by an old blues song, while the magazine name was inspired by the Dylan song.  Papa was a Rolling Stone was a Temptations song that was later than either of those events.