Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

Conyers accuser, the one that went on the record, said that she was summoned to his office and found him in his underwear.  She also says that she does not feel she was sexually harassed.  

Shouldn't that immediately result in a follow up question?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

And I'd add, thrilled to my toes that once again we see everyone vying to fly their flag the highest over which label to brand their angst with, IMO it isn't about white privilege or male privilege or anything else that narrow, it is about GREEN privilege and it is the one battle that dose wid da green don't want fought.

Yeah I know, the green sits in a lot of wrinkly white paws, but that focus is one more way to distract and divide, brought to you by the same people that invested in thalidomide or oxycontin. Green supersedes all else, all politics or race or nations or ideology, green is their religion.

Its a ****tail of greed, power, and sex. Usually it's two out of three. Some people are perv's. Some people are greedy, and some people are power hungry. Its all about the self.

• Thanks 2

Doug Jones Can Beat Roy Moore. But There’s One Big Problem …

He’s going to have to tone down his rhetoric on abortion if he wants to win over evangelicals.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/21/doug-jones-can-beat-roy-moore-but-theres-one-big-problem-215856

Jones has also seemed unfamiliar with the state of, and diversity of opinion, regarding religious freedom. In the rare cases he’s spoken to one of the signature issues of his opponent, he has virtually ceded the ground. In an interview with The Economist, he seemed to argue simply that if you’re a good person, you’ll vote for him:

The Economist: How can you reassure his supporters that you are not out to take away their religious freedom or their guns, their culture

Jones: I don’t know if I can. I think actions have to speak louder than words, so once I get elected I can try to do it. But look, when you talk about their Christian beliefs and stuff, that’s one thing, but when you talk about their culture, I’m not sure what you mean by that. If culture means that you have to put down people, if your culture means that you would discriminate against somebody, that you would not treat anybody in the same way that Christ would do, then I’m not going to protect that. I’m not going to protect discrimination of any sort, in any way, whether it’s race, religion, sex orientation or whatever. So I’m not going to protect that culture if that’s what their culture is. What I’m hoping to see is that if they are truly religious and they are truly Christian in the same way that I am, that my faith is, well, we take care of everybody.

If you’re an Alabama voter who is repulsed by Moore but worried about religious freedom, this answer does not give you much assurance that Jones takes your concerns seriously. Granted, The Economist’s question was loaded, but Jones’ answer almost immediately dismisses the idea of legitimate religious freedom concerns and instead characterizes religious freedom negatively: If religious freedom means “discrimination,” then he won’t protect it. He never describes what he thinks religious freedom should protect. Is there a religious freedom decision Democrats have generally opposed that he supports? Does religious freedom end where Jones’ definition of “putting down people” and his own personal discomfort begins?

8 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Okay, Democrats acting responsibly. 

Republicans still putting party first and screwing over We the People.

Responsibly would be resigning from Congress. I dont care which side of the isle you are on. If you used OUR MONEY to pay for your deviant behavior you need to go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That red haired women with the big hair looks like a demon. Her face is so evil looking.

I hear gingers have no soul, guess it makes it easier for evil to move in.

sure is good to be able to judge by looks again :silly:

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Seemed like he had a pretty good understanding of it to me. He stopped short of outright saying "it's mostly bull****" but that's what he was getting at.

Well like the article said....it ain't gonna sell well in Alabama.

He needs to do a Obama/Hillary and be for it till elected. :kickcan:

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Well like the article said....it ain't gonna sell well in Alabama.

He needs to do a Obama/Hillary and be for it till elected. :kickcan:

That's why they did so well in the Yellowhammer State. If I'm ever running for president, I'm going to make so many campaign ads targeting Alabama. I don't mean trying to get votes or even showing them in Alabama... I'll mostly show them in other states but they'll all be about Alabama... "Alabama is the gayest state in the Union", "Alabama is a pimple on the ass of America", etc. I'll probably run one ad in Alabama just to make sure that they all know how aware I am of their feelings of inadequacy. "I know that you feel like your life is meaningless and worthless and you're right. Your state isn't worth the time or energy. You think it's bad now? Just wait. When I get into office, you're all ****ed."

• Like 1