Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - 49ers at Redskins

TK

Just now, Nicealot said:

I thought there was supposed to be a ten second runoff on penalties when a team is out of timeouts under two minutes.  Did that happen on the Garçon penalty?

No because the clock was stopped. The offense receives no clock stopping benefit from the penalty so they don’t have to runoff which is just to prevent the offense from using penalties as TOs. 

6 minutes ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

Needed luck to beat a 0-5 team. 

Lets pump the breaks on good team talk in regards to the Skins.  Injuries to defense is huge issue. 

Any luck in this game most definitely didn't go our way. From the Vernon fumble to the non-Hoyer fumble to Hopkins missed EP to that garcon catch on sidelines to the insane amount of injuries to our secondary. 

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Nope

this team is still mediocre as **** 

dont believe the hype 

I agree with you 100%.  I think some of us got a little to ahead of ourselves beating up on bad teams all year.  We still need a signature win and we will have the opportunity to do so against a REAL opponent.

Wow, that was tense at the end. Sometimes we seem too nice to step on the other team's throat when we're up. Gruden needs to instill a killer instinct if we are to move up to the next level.

That said, props to our young DB's. No Norman, No Breeland, and they finish the game with a pick. Very impressed with the depth back there.

1 minute ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

This would be awesome. I am afraid that San Fran was willing to pay moon money for him next year and drive up his cost. Most other teams, save a few, are set with regular starters or rookies in training.

Beathard looked good

The more I think about it a lot of rookie QBs look good lately. Kirk needs to give up the legit hometown discount. Hes going to live comfortable regardless if its 18 mil vs 23 mil

5 minutes ago, zoony said:

This game was so Redskins.  Even with a win, bad taste in my mouth

The difference is that in years past, we would have figured out how to lose that game. I'm proud of them for stepping up at the end. We need a running back and a new kicker. 

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Team still doesn’t have that killer instinct. They go up but always let the other team come back. Like they get comfortable with a lead. 

I am seriously back to a sell position on Jay, he is not shown growth. Clock mgt. is not good. Play design while great, mix is lackluster. Running the ball three times when you are closing the game out is coaching scared. You don't win the big game coaching scared. 

1 minute ago, zoony said:

Beathard will get scouted and by his 3rd start Teams will take away all of the short stuff and he will have to make throws downfield.  He will be promptly benched.  Dude sucked other than that heave to a wide open robinson

Dude hasn't practiced with first teamers (which isn't exactly brimming with talent), hasn't played a snap in the NFL and had to come in down 17-0.

But im glad you already have him all figured out. I guess theres no chance he'll improve.

Archived