Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - 49ers at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

True, but good teams don’t need to hang on to win when leading 17-0.  Especially when a team brings in a rookie 3rd round QB.  

Skins still need another year of developing their young players and adding more quality depth and they won’t struggle with bad teams.  And they need to resign Cousins. 

could have been worse - the Falcons were up 17-0 on the Dolphins today and lost

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I agree with you generally, but with the ball and clock where it was and 2 TOs for SF, you really have to run it there. 

But they were seriously stacked, you have two awesome TE's in, fake the run, playaction rollout to the TE. 
Game over. OVER, not SF back on the field and you trying to stop them. 

As Redskins fans, we gotta stop whining and crying everytime we fall behind, get a call on us or dont get a call.  We almost lost this game because of our bad play.  We blame the refs for everthing man.

We are the best fans in the world, we are better than that.  When we are driving and scoring, nobody brings up the refs, but as soon as another team scores on us we cry out holding on them, or push off, or some other whiny stuff.  ALL teams get calls for or against them,  EVERY team gets bad calls against them or in their favor.

All that refs are against, bias against us, they have an axe to grind...  its all BS yall!  That is pure loser talk and we as the best fan base in sports are better than blaming the refs for everthing that happen to us negatively.

1 minute ago, Jacoby66forHOF said:

True, but good teams don’t need to hang on to win when leading 17-0.  Especially when a team brings in a rookie 3rd round QB.  

Skins still need another year of developing their young players and adding more quality depth and they won’t struggle with bad teams.  And they need to resign Cousins. 

Clearly they're still not there yet and to me this win was a testament to the depth we have developed in the last couple years. I mean no norman or Breeland (for the most part) we lost Jarrett last year, tons of guys banged up going in and still we had guys like Moreau making plays.

remember we still have Clemons and Hosley stashed in our PS. 

Just now, LavarArringtonMachine said:

As Redskins fans, we gotta stop whining and crying everytime we fall behind, get a call on us or dont get a call.  We almost lost this game because of our bad play.  We blame the refs for everthing man.

We are the best fans in the world, we are better than that.  When we are driving and scoring, nobody brings up the refs, but as soon as another team scores on us we cry out holding on them, or push off, or some other whiny stuff.  ALL teams get calls for or against them,  EVERY team gets bad calls against them or in their favor.

All that refs are against, bias against us, they have an axe to grind...  its all BS yall!  That is pure loser talk and we as the best fan base in sports are better than blaming the refs for everthing that happen to us negatively.

Who was blaming the refs?

4 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

How are people complaining because the game was not a blowout? The Dolphins beat the Falcons who are considered one of the best teams in the NFC. The Bears beat the Ravens at home. These games happen to all teams. 

You are right.  And there is so much parity in the league.  Most fans look at records not games.  Gruden was right when he said the Niners could just as easily been 4-1.  They pushed teams into OT, lost to the Ram's barely in a shootout and so on.  They are going to be good IMO.  They are rebuilding.

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Dude hasn't practiced with first teamers (which isn't exactly brimming with talent), hasn't played a snap in the NFL and had to come in down 17-0.

But im glad you already have him all figured out. I guess theres no chance he'll improve.

You should marry him bro

Just now, LavarArringtonMachine said:

No. 1 I blame Jay for the near loss, that said, the call on Vernon Davis fumble reviewed is questionable in intent at best. 

My personal take.. When we got up 17 we thought we could relax. You saw it in the smiling players relaxing on the sideline, and you saw it in the play calling. I don't see Gruden calling two deep balls back to back, one after an 'interception' other than to make a point that the previous play was a fluke and we can sling it with the best of them. We got relaxed and sloppy. They had to snap us back to reality and then, again, we performed. But we can not get comfortable in these 'easy' games and start playing down to the opponent after any sort of lead.

As a side note, Dustin Hopkins needs some serious and legitimate competition. He is a liability. He lost us games last year, and forced the tie with the Bengals (nearly the most infuriating game I ever watched). Don't kid yourselves, if it wasn't for the flukey playcalling forcing the offensive pass interference call on Garcon, we just lost that game.

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I agree with you generally, but with the ball and clock where it was and 2 TOs for SF, you really have to run it there. 

i believe you try to get kirk on the edge on 3rd down and either have a sure thing pass or take a sack/run to keep the clock going ... i like having the ball in kirk's hands there to try to seal the game instead of the defense

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

You are right.  And there is so much parity in the league.  Most fans look at records not games.  Gruden was right when he said the Niners could just as easily been 4-1.  They pushed teams into OT, lost to the Ram's barely in a shootout and so on.  They are going to be good IMO.  They are rebuilding.

No theyre ****ing trash. We played down to them because we're just average team ourselves 

27-28 teams are caught in the ooze of mediocrity and are capable of losing weekly. I (like a stupid ****ing idiot) thought the Skins were above the ooze. I was wrong 

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Explains why he made the switch from wr.

I'm not going to say that was a good win, but however ugly it was, we deserved it. Getting the W when losing the turnover battle (the fuller pick was just a game sealer) has always been a rare feat for us.

But good baby Jesus we need to get healthy. These injuries are out of control. 

That is a big reason, I feel, the game was close.

The Redskins didn't have both their starting CBs in the second half. Made it much tougher for the defense.

I also feel (whether they admit it or not) that there was a little bit of looking ahead to Philadelphia next Monday.

Hopefully, our hurt guys aren't hurt too bad.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Clearly they're still not there yet and to me this win was a testament to the depth we have developed in the last couple years. I mean no norman or Breeland (for the most part) we lost Jarrett last year, tons of guys banged up going in and still we had guys like Moreau making plays.

remember we still have Clemons and Hosley stashed in our PS. 

Its good Moreau is playing.  He is the Breeland replacement.  Getting experience now is huge.  Same with other young defensive players.  But there will be growing pains, like that long TD pass to that scrub Robinson, as the season progresses.  Especially against the good teams coming up on the schedule.  

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

No theyre ****ing trash. We played down to them because we're just average team ourselves 

27-28 teams are caught in the ooze of mediocrity and are capable of losing weekly. I (like a stupid ****ing idiot) thought the Skins were above the ooze. I was wrong 

you're emotional today bro

2 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

Go back a couple of pages and read.  You will see crap about vendettas, this, that, and the third.

It was just a horrible call, no way around it. On purpose? not sure, but call me skeptical that the decision is made in NY....remember nobody thought point shaving existed in the NBA either. 

Archived