Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

13 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

I'm very curious to see what he wrote in the note they found in the hotel room. 

Me too.  Even if it just said, "I hate people."  It would at least give some indication to his mindset.

In the end I think this shooting will just be chalked up to basic insanity.  The word, "crazy," is very hard to categorize.  It appears this guy was very antisocial, which perhaps indicates some sort of psychological disorder.  In the end we will never know.  I am extremely interested in psychology and sociology so this case will always haunt me.  Why do people do such ****ed up things?  I am guessing that his childhood wasn't the best either.  His father being a bank robbery certainly contributed despite his brother claiming he was never part of their life.   

• Like 2

Here's the view from the 20th floor of the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago overlooking Grant Park, where the Lollapalooza festival took place in August.  (This photo was taken during the spring and overlooks the festivities related to the NFL draft.)  Stephen Paddock booked rooms at this hotel to coincide with Lollapalooza and specifically requested upper level rooms overlooking the park.

1005-view-from-blackstone-hotel-stephen-

The hotel has no record that he used the rooms he reserved.

speaking in terms of silencers.... it doesn't actually sound like the movies lol It's not really used to muzzle sound as much as its primarily used to change the direction of the sound the round is coming from.

Doesn't change anything though, just pointing it out. I see no reason for them either other than military and special ops.

Edited by SemperFi Skins

1 hour ago, SemperFi Skins said:

speaking in terms of silencers.... it doesn't actually sound like the movies lol It's not really used to muzzle sound as much as its primarily used to change the direction of the sound the round is coming from.

Doesn't change anything though, just pointing it out. I see no reason for them either other than military and special ops.

Golden Eye 64 and the silenced pp7 taught me enough to know you are lying to me. I refuse any argument to the contrary. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Mooka said:

Seems evidence Paddock was more of a nutjob then a calculating mastermind. As the expert says, trying to blow up a giant fuel tank by shooting it is amateurish. Like something from a movie. 

This guy had pounds ammonium nitrate in his car, owned a **** ton of guns, and shot those explosive target practice things. At the very least Paddock had a good understanding on explosives, accelerants, etc. 

Yes you would think he would know better, of course if he managed to toss some tannerite clone or such over the fence earlier things might look different.

Edited by twa
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This is really spooky. I am thinking about how easy it would be for someone to do this at Nats Park.

Google Durham Bulls stadium. It has offices that overlook the stands. The only way to get out of the outfield bleachers would be going towards the gun fire.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This is really spooky. I am thinking about how easy it would be for someone to do this at Nats Park.

Last night I was considering what would happen if one of these people went to an NFL game and decided he had enough of protests. Scary world we live in. 

It's chilling to me that this guy was apparently contemplating this for a long time and actually made plans to do it... scouting hotels in Boston around Fenway Park, actually booking a hotel in August overlooking Lollapalooza in Chicago, reserving a condo overlooking a music festival just last week in Vegas before - literally -pulling the trigger from Mandalay Hotel.

Was he working up the nerve? Ideating it in his head all these months?  

Maybe other situations just didn't work out.

Like traveling to Boston with all those guns. Or maybe the weather didn't cooperate. Maybe he had moments of clarity that didn't last, or weren't clear enough to seek help (if it was a psychotic break or something)

36 minutes ago, tshile said:

Maybe other situations just didn't work out.

Like traveling to Boston with all those guns. Or maybe the weather didn't cooperate. Maybe he had moments of clarity that didn't last, or weren't clear enough to seek help (if it was a psychotic break or something)

It sounds like he was working up the nerve.  But just the fact that he was apparently contemplating it for that long is just spooky.  To think about a person having that mindset over that length of time... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tshile said:

...Maybe he had moments of clarity that didn't last, or weren't clear enough to seek help (if it was a psychotic break or something)

If that were the case you'd think he would immediately seek help or just off himself. It sounds to me like he was mentally ill much of his life and reached a threshold at some point where this seemed like a solution. Maybe we'll never know.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, brandymac27 said:

I'm very curious to see what he wrote in the note they found in the hotel room. 

They say it's random numbers. So I'm assuming some sort of encryption or he was just ****ing nuts. 

Who knows 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It's amazing to see the conspiracy nuts swarm on this.  It seems like anytime some white guy shoots a place up, there's gotta be a false flag.

All other mass shootings?  Totally on the level!  But not the white guys...

That actually sounds right and I was about to agree (partly cuz the one guy I know who is a conspiracy nut is also a bigot),  but I remembered the Vester Flanagan shooting which was the first time I heard about false flags (as opposed to regular conspiracy theories). 

You can Google the fort hood shooting, San Bernardino, Orlando, anything. Literally every shooting that involves more than one victim is a false flag, apparently. Curiously,  it seems false flag truthers are more into government conspiracy theories than race politics. 

• Like 1

One of the biggest conspiracy theorists I know is a woke ass black dude.  Believes in chemtrails, 9/11 cover ups and all that other bull**** too.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he was a flat earther.

I don’t believe that conspiracy theories are exclusive to white people.

23 minutes ago, grego said:

That actually sounds right and I was about to agree (partly cuz the one guy I know who is a conspiracy nut is also a bigot),  but I remembered the Vester Flanagan shooting which was the first time I heard about false flags (as opposed to regular conspiracy theories). 

You can Google the fort hood shooting, San Bernardino, Orlando, anything. Literally every shooting that involves more than one victim is a false flag, apparently. Curiously,  it seems false flag truthers are more into government conspiracy theories than race politics. 

Are you seriously trying to gaslight me by comparing the Roanoke deal to the Sandy Hook madness?  NRA/InfoWars/Stormfront doesn't spend a bit of its time crafting conspiracy theories that exonerate the Muslims that commit mass murders...NOT ONE BIT.  

This Vegas shooting will create a whole cottage industry of conspiracy vids for the next year or more.  I know it and you know it and your post is intellectually dishonest.

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

One of the biggest conspiracy theorists I know is a woke ass black dude.  Believes in chemtrails, 9/11 cover ups and all that other bull**** too.  Wouldn’t surprise me if he was a flat earther.

None of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about.

53 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I was responding more to grego but when I reread his post, doesn’t seem to relevant either.

I thought he was inferring that most conspiracy theorists were white right wingers.

That may be true (that's my impression, at least. I don't know the actual numbers) 

I don't know how much time the nra or storm front spends on false flags, but I did Google san Bernardino and Fort hood along with infowars. 

Sure enough, there's a conspiracy, false flag theory about them. 

https://www.infowars.com/major-hasan-of-fort-hood-a-patsy-in-a-drill-gone-live/

https://www.infowars.com/san-bernardino-false-flag-multiple-witnesses-reported-three-white-men-shooting/

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It's amazing to see the conspiracy nuts swarm on this.  It seems like anytime some white guy shoots a place up, there's gotta be a false flag.

All other mass shootings?  Totally on the level!  But not the white guys...

Everything is a false flag.  9/11 wasn't done by nonwhite muslims... that's just what the men in power (white) want you to believe.  Besides what does race even mean to people that believe in lizard people and aliens?  To conspiracy nuts everything is something and we sheep just refuse to see it.

That isn't to say you're wrong, at least not entirely.  There are a lot of politically motivated conspiracy theorists looking to help make America whiter again now that Trump has essentially enlisted the Infowars based cloud of loons and their audience.  That's just one branch, maybe several, of a very twisted tree though.   

Then again, that might just be the mind control drinking water talking.

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

Definitly not. My home boy tells me all the time about chemtrails and the flat earth and how we are being lied to. 

My biggest question is why would they keep the earth being flat as secret and he says 'For the power bro'. Definitly not a white guy thing lol. 

• Haha 1