Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

To mockingly paraphrase the Harley workers "Trump is a great businessman. I'm sure he did it for a reason."

Up next: cutting the safety net. 

Edited by Hersh

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone knew the tax reform was a grift. None more than the Republicans that voted for the thing. It was just a money grab. They're internal polling suggested a blue wave and they thought they would probably lose their majorities. Therefore, they sought to get their now. Screw the future.

Edited by Burgold

Let's assume magically the Dems got full control tomorrow.  Question is do they have the stones to raise taxes on the wealthy to get the lost tax revenue back?  Until Citizens United is overturned, we all know who fills the Dem coffers also.  Maybe it is just my cynicism towards politicians in general but I don't trust any of them to do what is actually needed. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Let's assume magically the Dems got full control tomorrow.  Question is do they have the stones to raise taxes on the wealthy to get the lost tax revenue back?  Until Citizens United is overturned, we all know who fills the Dem coffers also.  Maybe it is just my cynicism towards politicians in general but I don't trust any of them to do what is actually needed. 

It’s a valid point. I kinda feel the same way.  The money goes to both parties. My suspicion is the biggest differences would be social policies. With CU the wealthy own this process. I think there would be a Small roll back or some way to try to claim one.  Really depends on the Dems in charge.  The only way that changes is if some candidates with less funding sweep in with overwelhming popular support. Then change could occur. 

But right now we just need to get rid of the crazy. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What's the point of speculating on the impossible to argue against the necessity of electing Democrats?  They won't win the Senate and can't win the WH. 

But it is certainly the truth that the ONLY chance you'll ever get of a tax hike on the rich is by electing liberal Democrats at every level of government.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

If they are serious about campaign finance reform as Bernie was, Dems votes will look more familiar.  Sometimes I wonder if politicians worry their message won't win people over if they had to fully explain it instead of focusing on attack ads.

So they hope to outspend people instead of proving they're the better candidate, but i don't think many of them want this as much as we may think.  Most of them are jus flat out trapped, no other way to put it.  If they don't take the money, someone else will.

As for this stupid ass tax bill, was talking to someone who listed off a bunch of agencies they wanted to get rid of and I told them taxes is so low we'd still be running a deficit.  Radio silence.

Hey now, there are plenty of billionaires that would be happy to be taxed more to support a liberal ideology. Just like at that guy George Soros, all the money in the world and he still is happy to spend it on crisis actors, deep state expenditures, protesters, a new world government and funding the Illuminati. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Hey now, there are plenty of billionaires that would be happy to be taxed more to support a liberal ideology. Just like at that guy George Soros, all the money in the world and he still is happy to spend it on crisis actors, deep state expenditures, protesters, a new world government and funding the Illuminati. 

In other words, creating jobs.  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you think someone is trying to scam you regarding your taxes, don't laugh it off, report it. 

I got 7 phones calls today from the same # in Kentucky saying I owed $8k because of discrepancies in my actual W2 vs what I put in my 1040 for last 5 years. I know that's BS because I've been filing my own taxes since I was 20, but this gets better, trust me.

18003664484 < # to call to report, more on that later

They knew that I filed, they knew where I worked, they knew my address prior to my move that every government has on record in ptown.  I file my own taxes, but to make sure what I was dealing with I left work early and I went to the IRS tax assistance building in DC.

So security kept telling me it was a scam, no ****, but the clerk called me paranoid and that I had to make an appointment to see someone. Useless.  So I call IRS because that is the only one of the 3 IRS buildings in DC they'll even let civilians enter the door and they wouldn't help me at all.  Said IRS doesn't call people so don't worry about it. I'm sorry, I was jus threaten with an 8k balance by people that knew my name and address, no telling what else they know (that's the way you have ro look at it).

So I'm on phone with IRS for an hour going through prompts and security questions then guy finally tells me I have no balance.  Again, no ****, but I want to report this and get idea of what they know about this one because they had dangerous amount of info on me (I didn't give them stuff like SSN or birthday, don't ever do that when IRS claims they are calling you, hang up and call the IRS).  

IRS tells me they WILL call you if they've already sent you a bill, which is what scam place said they did and lady atnt last building said they wouldn't do. She works for the IRS, yo! So if anyone says IRS doesn't call people, that's not true, jus hang up am call the IRS to make sure they right people, I went back iwn that building attend told her she was wrong so she wouldn't mislead other people.

So then I ask to report this and the IRS won't take that information nor transfer me to the agency in charge of investigating it. To me, that's ****ing BS, how they gonna claim our safety is a priority if I have to go through hopes to make sure the scam isn't real, report it, or confirm what they know about the scam so I can further protect myself?

So I call the number they give me for Treasury inspector general for tax fraud, spend 10-15 going through prompts to get hung up on.  I call back and get sent to voicemail with a warning that it might be full.  GD superpower with a full mailbox, now you know why these scams are so prevalent.

I don't expect you to read this whole thing, but please share it anyway. This **** is rediculous, and I can't tell if anyone cares, that's why it keeps happening.

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So I call the number they give me for Treasury inspector general for tax fraud, spend 10-15 going through prompts to get hung up on.  I call back and get sent to voicemail with a warning that it might be full.  GD superpower with a full mailbox, now you know why these scams are so prevalent.

I don't expect you to read this whole thing, but please share it anyway. This **** is rediculous, and I can't tell if anyone cares, that's why it keeps happening.

With the Budget cuts they have been given it's understandable.  You want services, fund them. Their budget has been cut 1.5 Billion since 2010.  https://www.cbpp.org/blog/2018-funding-bill-falls-short-for-the-irs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

With the Budget cuts they have been given it's understandable.  You want services, fund them. Their budget has been cut 1.5 Billion since 2010.  https://www.cbpp.org/blog/2018-funding-bill-falls-short-for-the-irs

I know, it's brutal what I'm seeing because I vote and this is not what I voted for. I voted for a strong federal government, it's getting weaker by the minute.

I jus feel like there's this total detachment from people making decisions regarding funding and what people on the ground actually need.  Working for feds as a contractor now, I see how being so massive an entity, I see decision makers that don't grasp the full extent of their decisions and technical people who basically can't do their job without permission from someone who doesn't understand it. 

If we treated Tax fraud like we treated bin laden, we wouldn't be having this conversation, we can totally come after this harder then we do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOF44 said:

My mom works for IRS, my dad was an SES at IRS for twenty years. Since 2008 they have cut 13,815 jobs, and reduced funding by 1.6 billion.

The amount of institutional knowledge that has been lost is immense, the lack of hiring for new employees and the senior people to train has also been a major hindrance. They have restructured positions to fill needs of open positions due to budget cuts but won't allow backfilling for a large portion of positions.

Everyone wants the service when they need them but no one wants to pay for it when they don't.

Source

5b75ae891224c_IRSTable.PNG.a922c0900affdead73a78bf42b7a0ae2.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'm neither surprised nor outraged.  

Granted, I can see a state's rights issue.  And yeah, it was a blatantly partisan attempt to tax people more in Dem states.  But, these schemes were literally advertised as schemes to avoid federal taxes.  

On 7/18/2018 at 7:20 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

A significant chunk of democrats running for office have banned their campaigns from accepting corporate money and refusing Super PAC support. They are being funded by nothing but small public donations.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

A significant chunk of democrats running for office have banned their campaigns from accepting corporate money and refusing Super PAC support. They are being funded by nothing but small public donations.

how significant a chunk?

are they pulling the Beto game of using prior funds from pacs and shareblue ect?

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I'm gonna need more details on this.  How big a chunk?  What level of government are they running for?  Are they people that are in a solid win or solid lose place so funds don't matter much?  Are they accepting money from the DNC that came from the rich?