Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

@Llevron I do understand that there is nothing Kirk could say today to make y'all happy.

Perception is one thing but it doesn't really matter what your perception is, what Kirk said today is not even remotely close to the level of image  ineptitude that was Robert Griffin near the end of 2014.  

Hate the the guy for the way he played all you want, it's warranted.  But at this point you just want to hate everything about his existence and are making up stuff to be mad about.  You can use the many others card all you want but there is about 3 of you making an issue out of what he said.  Robert was plastered all over the globe as a complete and utter joke for what did.  This will get no burn.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@Llevron I do understand that there is nothing Kirk could say today to make y'all happy.

Perception is one thing but it doesn't really matter what your perception is, what Kirk said today is not even remotely close to the level of image  ineptitude that was Robert Griffin near the end of 2014.  

Hate the the guy for the way he played all you want, it's warranted.  But at this point you just want to hate everything about his existence and are making up stuff to be mad about.

Ok - if that's how you want to take it. But the only thing you go right is the fact that there nothing he can SAY to make me happy. 

I guess what I'm saying is maybe it doesn't matter to you but it does to alot of people and probably some of his teammates. You start blaming your online for **** it isn't long before they start watching you get sacked over and over. You see how Tana reacted when they told him Griffin said that int was his fault. 

As I said a while back and had to deal with the Kirk the great crowd, he does not see the field well, and if pressured; he crumbles! He was looking for the rush, rather than keeping his eye's downfield and feeling the rush on more than a couple of play's when the protection was fine, and he ran/scrambled himself INTO trouble on more than 1 occasion. I believe Grudens offense scheme had as much or more to do with Kirks success as Kirk!

I wanted to trade the guy when he refused to sign a real nice deal, my thought was; he's delusional about his actual ability, and not understanding how QB friendly the system he is in really is, and probably will never realize his shortcomings and fix them! Roll with Colt until Sudfeld is ready, which I believe he will be next season, and load up with draft picks from either San Fran, or Rams, my guess is; Kirks value is about to come rocketing back down to earth!! 

17 minutes ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

As I said a while back and had to deal with the Kirk the great crowd, he does not see the field well, and if pressured; he crumbles! He was looking for the rush, rather than keeping his eye's downfield and feeling the rush on more than a couple of play's when the protection was fine, and he ran/scrambled himself INTO trouble on more than 1 occasion. I believe Grudens offense scheme had as much or more to do with Kirks success as Kirk!

I wanted to trade the guy when he refused to sign a real nice deal, my thought was; he's delusional about his actual ability, and not understanding how QB friendly the system he is in really is, and probably will never realize his shortcomings and fix them! Roll with Colt until Sudfeld is ready, which I believe he will be next season, and load up with draft picks from either San Fran, or Rams, my guess is; Kirks value is about to come rocketing back down to earth!! 

Sad news for you buddy... Sudfeld is a Philadelphia Eagle for a week already.

Also, Rams don't need a QB since their guy looked like Payton Manning in Week one.

7 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I've watched most guys not named Brady or Rodgers do it several times.  Ive also watched them throw for the win several times, same as Kirk.  

Dont worry, if he continues on this path throughout the season, which appears to be a foregone conclusion for most of you, Doug Williams will get to select the next guy behind center.  Can't wait!

Nothing wrong with the thread.  It's inevitable given the circumstances surrounding him that a thread about him for the regular season was going to be started.  Given his performance it makes total sense that it's negative as well.  I just see the usual suspects coming out of the woodworks to pile on and blame Kirk because their car wouldn't start this morning.

Bottom line with Kirk is that he wants to be paid the biggest contract in NFL history, yet he routinely goes out on the field and looks mediocre. He's got a lot of pressure and criticism because he put that on his shoulders by demanding to be paid top dollar. Kirk is a mid-level starter demanding Aaron Rodgers money, so all eyes are on him to show and prove.

Biggest problem with Kirk is that he's a pure system QB, doesn't seem to have much in the form of taking over games. We saw a few times on Sunday where he made pre-snap adjustments and slid the protection to the wrong side. We also routinely see Kirk read the defense pre-snap and pre-determine where he is going to throw the football. If the defense changes things up on him then he's stuck looking for a check down or underneath throw. He doesn't seem to have the ability to look off defenses or make great plays in the heat of a situation. That could be the way Gruden has coached him up --- who knows...

All in all, I like Kirk and I want him to succeed. It just makes him look really bad when his demands are so extreme and his play is so poor, as it was in week 1 and the last several weeks of 2016.

8 hours ago, DM72 said:

I don't know about putting the ball on the ground, but I don't think no elite QB throws as many game changing INT's as Kirk. 

The INT against Atlanta

The INT against Arizona 

The INT against Dallas

The INT against New York (Last year)

The INT against Philadelphia 

I'm probably leaving off a couple.

All those INT's were game changers.

The sad thing is that this game felt similar to the Dallas game last year...we had the lead in the 4th quarter and inside the RZ on the 6 yd line for a 2 score lead and he throws an int. that they drive down for the winning score...and this game,  we are already in chip shot FG range for the lead and he throws the int. instead of hitting our wide open receiver at the 6yd line.  knocked out of playoffs last year by 1 game......this one will cost us also.

8 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Totally agree, and I was a huge RGIII fan....at first.  He is/was just fundamentally flawed, in multiple phylum's.  I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but it is truth. Kirk and Robert are not remotely comparable.  I, AGAIN, apologize for starting this thread.  I was just frustrated because we really could have, and should have, won. My emotions won out & I'm sorry.  Kirk is good, except he frustrates the hell out of me.  He really is better than this, and I expect growth and improvement.  I know with new receivers, OC, ect., it is hard.  It just seemed like the same errors, hence the pissed off thread.  Let's go hunt some Rams (remember Portis & somebody doing that, hilarious video btw)  and start coming together.  Hail

Strikes me funny that you say lets start coming together...I think us die hard fans have been hanging together for a long time for the same results.   You state that Kirk is better than this and you expect growth and improvement but that it seems like the same errors.  The fact is, it is the same errors, and he is just an inconsistent QB and this is as good as you get.  He is no Peyton/Brees/Elway/ Marino/ or Montana QB and will never be.  He's like Fitzpatrick, good enough to be competitive but not SB caliber.  We should have made the playoffs last year and went further the year before.  I've given up as my gut tells me this will be an ugly year. Sunday's game against the Eagles was as pathetic as the preseason, except someone forgot to tell them this game counted.  The Eagles were hungry and ready.  I've run out of excuses and being a fan since 1961, the last 26 years have taken its toll. Tired of the 3rd and long completions and TD's against our pathetic pass defense that plays great for 2 plays and the pathetic RZ offense.  Go hunting for the Rams, but watch out what you ask for.

4 hours ago, rabidskin said:

The sad thing is that this game felt similar to the Dallas game last year...we had the lead in the 4th quarter and inside the RZ on the 6 yd line for a 2 score lead and he throws an int. that they drive down for the winning score...and this game,  we are already in chip shot FG range for the lead and he throws the int. instead of hitting our wide open receiver at the 6yd line.  knocked out of playoffs last year by 1 game......this one will cost us also.

And that was the game that drove me nuts last year, or at least the first one. Yes, this game did feel eerily similar to the Dallas game last year.  This game will cost us but we have to continue to try and improve. It's over and we have to move on. 

3 hours ago, rabidskin said:

Strikes me funny that you say lets start coming together...I think us die hard fans have been hanging together for a long time for the same results.   You state that Kirk is better than this and you expect growth and improvement but that it seems like the same errors.  The fact is, it is the same errors, and he is just an inconsistent QB and this is as good as you get.  He is no Peyton/Brees/Elway/ Marino/ or Montana QB and will never be.  He's like Fitzpatrick, good enough to be competitive but not SB caliber.  We should have made the playoffs last year and went further the year before.  I've given up as my gut tells me this will be an ugly year. Sunday's game against the Eagles was as pathetic as the preseason, except someone forgot to tell them this game counted.  The Eagles were hungry and ready.  I've run out of excuses and being a fan since 1961, the last 26 years have taken its toll. Tired of the 3rd and long completions and TD's against our pathetic pass defense that plays great for 2 plays and the pathetic RZ offense.  Go hunting for the Rams, but watch out what you ask for.

I think he is better than this, but do I know that?  Of course not.  The coming together was just a broad brush statement for us, as you stated, and hopefully the team.  I've been a fan about the same length of time as you so I feel that exact frustration, hence this thread.  It's tough.  As far as hunting Rams it was an attempt at levity regarding the Portis & Notsure short video.  It was funny.  Guess what is worse?  I'm pretty sure we lost the game against the Rams after that video.  

Kirk bashers, be of good cheer!  You only have 15 more games to endure and then Kirk will be gone and Gruden with him.  Kirk to sign a long term deal with another franchise and Jay maybe a turn in the broadcast booth while he waits for his next coaching gig.

Somewhere there is a fleet footed college QB running a 1 read spread offense for Dan and it will probably be man crush on at first sight!  Oh the thrill!  The excitement!  You'll buy his jersey!

I haven't read all 21 pages, but are there people on the board who actually think he should play on this team after week 17?

We can pretty much plug and play anybody in at this point (including, ugh, Colt) and get same results. How in the world would you justify paying him 25 mil a year for 5 years. Let NYJ or SFO sign him and perpetuate further losing to their franchises. 

He's just an average QB who has hit his ceiling. I actually want to see how Cutler plays this year, because he indeed would be an upgrade in talent. Throws just as many devastating picks, but is a better all around QB

So for those questioning if Extremeskins is dead, I'd say this thread is your proof that it's alive and just as extreme as ever.

Everyone has their GM cap on, emphatically providing their hot takes and 'analysis' on the QB, Gruden, etc.  Kirk is <insert everything awful here> and Gruden is the biggest schmuck to ever put on a headset.

...after Week 1.  Yeah, I'd say this place has a heartbeat.

We all were hoping that Cousins would come out crisp, accurate, and showing an expedited gelling effect with Pryor.

That didn't happen.

I've been on KC's side since his 2nd year, when the other guy was stinking up the joint, and hoped he would get his chance. ?He did set records at Michigan St., so it just HAD to equate to being at least a good prospect.

But since he was named the starter, the one single thing that bothers me is his field vision. It seems that his mind is made up pre-snap of who is getting the ball, and will hold it til the very end, then try to force it in or throw it away. Yea, there are times when he does scan the field, but it just doesn't seem that happens often. I've watched his helmet, and many times it does not move, he's ,focused on 1 portion of the field.

He has far too much experience to come out so sluggish, especially when it happens every opening game. He has to correct this, and now, or he can kiss his big contract goodbye. Getting hot at week 8 or 9 will not be good, even if they do make and even win a playoff game or 2, because that will separate the fanbase, the FO, and there's no way the FO gives him a big payday by playing great for 1/2 a season. He and Gruden have to correct this and now.

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'll ask the Kirk bashers once again what is your Plan B?  

Bradford looked incredible yesterday. I will keep an eye on Cutler. The draft will have 3-4 1st rounders again. 

Good enough?

Are Bradford and Cutler lateral moves? Not in my opinion if both shine, especially Bradford. The money is already earmarked, so the budget is essentially there if you wanted to get a vet AND draft a rookie. Point being, there are many options here, not just a plan B

13 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

But since he was named the starter, the one single thing that bothers me is his field vision. It seems that his mind is made up pre-snap of who is getting the ball, and will hold it til the very end, then try to force it in or throw it away. Yea, there are times when he does scan the field, but it just doesn't seem that happens often. I've watched his helmet, and many times it does not move, he's ,focused on 1 portion of the field.

All QB's, even Brady, telegraph passes when they are facing a blitzkrieg of a pass rush.  You can only scan the field if you have time to do so.  When your protection is basically non existent you have no choice but to determine where the ball is going pre-snap.   It's nice to sit back there and go through all your reads but Schwartz wasn't having any of that.  Until both Jay and Kirk come up with a way to make teams pay for blitzing the hell out of him, it's going to continue.  The reason I include Jay is because he's got to come up with something to get Kirk moving around and comfortable early. 

5 hours ago, sebestian said:

I'm not a big NFL technical person, but that article broke it down perfectly.  Cousins needs to recognize the wide open receiver and throw the ball earlier. He seems not have improved on either, this past Sunday reflected that.  He looks more and more like a system QB every week.

10 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Bradford looked incredible yesterday. I will keep an eye on Cutler. The draft will have 3-4 1st rounders again. 

Good enough?

Are Bradford and Cutler lateral moves? Not in my opinion if both shine, especially Bradford. The money is already earmarked, so the budget is essentially there if you wanted to get a vet AND draft a rookie. Point being, there are many options here, not just a plan B

Did you see how well the OL blocked for Bradford last night?  He had all day long to get rid of it. I'm not discrediting the man, but it's amazing how good guys look when they stay clean.   Both Bradford and Cutler have been slaughtered by fans, media, etc. for years for all the same things you guys hate Kirk for. 

Archived