Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

45 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

They will be fine once OBJ is back. 

I've been sitting here listening to a dozen different radio shows this morning and all they want to talk about is how great Dallas is and how bad the Giants look without OBJ. As if this one player for the Giants makes them 20 points better than the 3 they put up yesterday. :rofl89: They are all saying how much OBJ opens everything else up for that offense because he always stretches the field. Nobody has said that Eli Manning who also has other receivers such as Brandon Marshall just sucks and should be replaced. Eli is just hopeless without OBJ and that's just it.

Nobody once has mentioned that Cousins might miss having Desean Jackson stretching the field and Pierre Garcon or his old OC. He's just garbage despite doing alot more than Eli did vs a craptacular Dallas defense. And they want to put Eli Manning in the HOF, most of these guys on the radio.

:rofl89:

It's not just the untimely interceptions, it seems every time he gets hit he fumbles the ball too. We aren't a good enough football team to be turning the ball over so frequently.

If he doesn't learn to slide when he runs though we won't be talking about him much longer because someone's going to hit him, even if it means a 15 yard penalty. (Do you even get a penalty if the QB isn't sliding?) 

Terrible game for sure but the NFL took the game away from Kirk yesterday. That was an incomplete pass, his arm was going forward and I firmly believe had the QB been someone the NFL supports like Tom Brady that would have been called differently. Who knows what might have happened if the replay official called it fairly, maybe Kirk leads a game winning drive there? If so the message would be more about him being rusty and how his receivers are letting him down (drops and not showing up) instead of his stupid contract situation? I think that the call should be sent into the league office and a public apology should be given from the NFL to the team. That one moment ruined his game and the official blew it 

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Terrible game for sure but the NFL took the game away from Kirk yesterday. That was an incomplete pass, his arm was going forward and I firmly believe had the QB been someone the NFL supports like Tom Brady that would have been called differently. Who knows what might have happened if the replay official called it fairly, maybe Kirk leads a game winning drive there? If so the message would be more about him being rusty and how his receivers are letting him down (drops and not showing up) instead of his stupid contract situation? I think that the call should be sent into the league office and a public apology should be given from the NFL to the team. That one moment ruined his game and the official blew it 

100%. 

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

This is utter nonsense. The NFL did not force Kirk to throw a backbreaking red zone interception or be inaccurate all day long. Yes that was a poor call but the damage was done and given his poor showing until then I didn't really have much faith in Kirk driving the team down for a win anyway.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I thought the pick in the end zoned ruined his game, not the bad call....

The pick in the end zone was terrible but it happened in the beginning of the 4th quarter with more then 12 minutes to go in the game. The bad call happened much later and sealed the deal for the Redskins to lose

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

The pick in the end zone was terrible but it happened in the beginning of the 4th quarter with more then 12 minutes to go in the game. The bad call happened much later and sealed the deal for the Redskins to lose

Cousins should have seen that pressure coming and made some attempt to move or take a sack there. What the hell was he trying to do, throw through Graham an Cox? It wasn't like he was blindsided. 

On top of that, he threw yet ANOTHER interception in the red zone, this one completely uncalled for. A field goal gives us the lead, but he threw the ball 20 feet to high, which he has been doing since preseason game 1. 

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

I am not going to go overboard about this game, but i am going to reference a post I made in July about our QB position next year:

Now, it looks like Smith is taking more chances down the field and could still very well be cut this summer... Jimmy G, Bradford, and Brees will join him in FA along with Darnold, Jackson, Allen, and Rosen 

Goff and Mitch look like legit QB's, so the Bears and Rams are not drafting/signing a starter. So it really leaves the Jags, Bills, Jets, Browns and 49ers as the teams looking for QB's that will draft in the top 10.

I assume Brees will resign with NO, but Jimmy is leaving and i doubt Smith is retained... So that is 3 legit Starters (those 2 plus Kirk) and probably 3 elite prospects (Lets assume 1 of 4 2018 prospects falls a bit). That is 6 QBs for 4 teams, or 6 teams if the Jags cut Bortles and Browns move on from Kizer... I see no way we get left out in the cold.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals flop this year and fire/cut both Marvin Lewis and Dalton

Browns won't be moving on from Kizer. Frankly the team will probably spend most of their picks next year on defense and probably another WR. Bills may want to find out what they have in Peterman before they do anything.

Also, no on Alex Smith. My friend is a massive Chiefs fan and I have to hear him rant about Captain Checkdown every week. He's a great game manager who takes advantage of playing with a good defense. What we saw Thurs is definitely the exception to the norm.

1 minute ago, ILikeBilly said:

Understandable.  But, call it an incomplete and we may still win the game.

I hear you.  I thought for sure they would get that call right.... but they didn't. I guess having everything centralized makes it easier to make sure the fix is in..

i think they did it yesterday to the seahacks as well... a lot a bad bad calls in that game...

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is utter nonsense. The NFL did not force Kirk to throw a backbreaking red zone interception or be inaccurate all day long. Yes that was a poor call but the damage was done and given his poor showing until then I didn't really have any faith in Kirk driving the team down for a win anyway.

Utter nonsense my ass. Look its time you face the fact that the Redskins are playing in a league where only certain players get the calls while others do not. This call was so obvious at the most critical time for a comeback and swung the game out of reach for the Redskins to win. Another team and another QB gets the right call the Redskins do not get the right call. This was more clear then the tuck fumble call. Worst for us is that this game occurred at home in DC. It's normal for refs to side with the home team in matters like this. We can't even get fair calls at home anymore. Like last nights call in Dallas, the rule is simulatius possession goes to the offense. The Cowboy and Giant had possession of the ball but the officals gave it to the Cowboys. Home teams get calls most of the time. This call would never have been called on the Patriots if it meant they lost the game. The idea of replay is to get something right and clearly that jackass did not get that call right and it meant our come back was stopped before it could get started. The issue to me is how that one bad call changed what the narrative about this game is.   

9 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Utter nonsense my ass. Look its time you face the fact that the Redskins are playing in a league where only certain players get the calls while others do not. This call was so obvious at the most critical time for a comeback and swung the game out of reach for the Redskins to win. Another team and another QB gets the right call the Redskins do not get the right call. This was more clear then the tuck fumble call. Worst for us is that this game occurred at home in DC. It's normal for refs to side with the home team in matters like this. We can't even get fair calls at home anymore. Like last nights call in Dallas, the rule is simulatius possession goes to the offense. The Cowboy and Giant had possession of the ball but the officals gave it to the Cowboys. Home teams get calls most of the time. This call would never have been called on the Patriots if it meant they lost the game. The idea of replay is to get something right and clearly that jackass did not get that call right and it meant our come back was stopped before it could get started. The issue to me is how that one bad call changed what the narrative about this game is.   

And that call would be completely meaningless if Kirk hadn't played like crap the whole game. That was ONE call, Kirk made multiple mistakes all game, including yet another awful red zone interception with the game potentially on the line. So yes, utter nonsense...your ass notwithstanding. Don't blame one call by the refs for Kirk's terrible showing.

5 minutes ago, PortisBetts said:

Cousins should have seen that pressure coming and made some attempt to move or take a sack there. What the hell was he trying to do, throw through Graham an Cox? It wasn't like he was blindsided. 

On top of that, he threw yet ANOTHER interception in the red zone, this one completely uncalled for. A field goal gives us the lead, but he threw the ball 20 feet to high, which he has been doing since preseason game 1. 

If Kirk had led a comeback in that game the narrative would have been he was rusty. Since the refs blew any chance for that the narrative is that Kirk is hot garbage and we are a dumpster fire. He didn't play well, the entire offense minus Chris Thompson didn't play well. Oline couldn't protect, receivers were dropping passes, Reed didn't look like Reed, Cousins played bad. Not saying he didn't. I'm saying that the Refs took that one away from us which directly paints the narrative this week. Had they called the play right and he led a come back and they won this would be massively different

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If he drives down for a TD does that excuse the rest of his game?

Wouldn't you feel differently about this team today then if they had won vs them losing? 

From what I saw yesterday, Cousins threw on his back foot way to much. His mechanics were awful, I know they blitz a lot so it happens, but you need to step up and make the throw. You work on this all off season and you have to stick with what you practice on. It would have been a td to Crowder if he didn't throw off his back foot. One thing I did like from him was he scramble more and and took yards instead of just throwing it away.

Kirk Cousins in 2016 inside the 10 yard line-

12/36 31.58% 8tds 2INTS

That completion percentage is good for 46th in the league. Notable players he did better than? Bryce Petty and Nick Foles. Everyone underneath them was 0% completion %, but no one below him threw more than 6 passes. 

Touchdowns were good for 23rd in the league. Cam Newton being one of the few names you would recognize below him. INT's were tied for last in the league. 

Inside the 20-

38/80 45.78% 14 tds 2ints

Completion percentage is good for 48th in the league. Notable players below are Winston and Rivers, so at least someone was worse who is considered a good qb.

touchowns- 18th in the league, INTs- tied for 3rd worst. 

Kirk Cousins is one of, if not the worst starting qb in the NFL when it comes to red zone passing. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/redzone-passing.htm

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And that call would be completely meaningless if Kirk hadn't played like crap the whole game. That was ONE call, Kirk made multiple mistakes all games, including yet another awful red zone interception with the game potentially on the line. So yes, utter nonsense...your ass notwithstanding. Don't blame one call by the refs for Kirk's terrible showing.

I'm not sure a strip fumble for a TD is every meaningless.  It absolutely had a huge bearing on the game and was absolutely ridiculous.  The Eagles had their D on the field and partied like they won the lottery when the ref said the call stood.

Crap on Kirk's play yesterday all you want, it's valid.  He absolutely had plenty of opportunities to make plays earlier in the game.  But to overlook the egregious outcome of the review and say it had no bearing on the game because of bad play earlier is disingenuous at best.

If Kirk leads the team down for the win, everyone forgives the prior 58 minutes of trash.

Archived