Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

I think the similarities are that you questioned fans "opinions" on this issue regarding Cravens but took offense when another poster questioned fans "opinions" regarding CTE. Point is, people have opinions. It's going to vary. 

Nah, they still aren't similar. Because I never said,"those speaking ill of Cravens are sad and pathetic, AND shouldn't even call yourselves football fans." I just said those comments were sad and pathetic. 

Maybe the butthurt section should stop reading any further into it. Just a suggestion. 

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Rumblings of mental health issues.  If so, my best wishes for him, whether that means never playing again, missing this year, or missing 4 games. 

Some of you should really be ashamed at what you say about a fellow human being. 

What does "mental health issues" mean to you?

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Rumblings of mental health issues.  If so, my best wishes for him, whether that means never playing again, missing this year, or missing 4 games. 

Some of you should really be ashamed at what you say about a fellow human being. 

Can we blame the team for selecting him and then continuously convincing him to play?

Like others have said, if it's the injuries then just retire. If it's a mental issue, then just retire and that goes for the team...stop convincing him to come back 

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Nah, they still aren't similar. Because I never said,"those speaking ill of Cravens are sad and pathetic, AND shouldn't even call yourselves football fans." I just said those comments were sad and pathetic. 

Maybe the butthurt section should stop reading any further into it. Just a suggestion. 

Yep sounds the same to me. 

4 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

A lot of mental health issues manifest in the 20's.  People who have had success in their careers for several years will sometimes manifest various mental illnesses that completely ruin their lives.  It's sad, and definitely requires compassion and patience.

I don't know if that's what is happening here, but we can't rule it out yet.

3 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

He never said anyone should stop calling themselves football fans, either. 

Just now, dyst said:

Can we blame the team for selecting him and then continuously convincing him to play?

Like others have said, if it's the injuries then just retire. If it's a mental issue, then just retire and that goes for the team...stop convincing him to come back 

You can't count on him. Talk him into retirement. Retain his rights and if some team wants to take a gamble on him at some point try and get a 7th in return. That's the best option at this point. I don't want him on the team regardless of the potential. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How much credit/blame does Scot get for the 2017 draft ?

Did he have about a 50% influence on it ?

All but Josh Holsey were Scot McCloughan picks evidently. 

Also came out and said he wouldnt have re signed Chris Baker and set the Free Agency target list prior to his departure.

If he is such a putty wink that he wants to quick after one year then he never should have signed up for the draft and signed a multi-year contract.  Quitting under these circumstances is NOT just a personal decision, it affects the entire team and the fan base.  If he is medically cleared to play and he just quits, then he is a massive putty wink.  And those that would rush to his defense are putty winks too.

4 minutes ago, readonly said:

If he is such a putty wink that he wants to quick after one year then he never should have signed up for the draft and signed a multi-year contract.  Quitting under these circumstances is NOT just a personal decision, it affects the entire team and the fan base.  If he is medically cleared to play and he just quits, then he is a massive putty wink.  And those that would rush to his defense are putty winks too.

Got another contender for ya @Spaceman Spiff!

13 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Team should be dealing with this. Nobody should've texted Schefter to put this out for public consumption.

This is clearly a team-sanctioned leak. He just went on the non-football absence list or whatever...there were going to be questions, and this FO never does anything with class.

Archived