Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

I'm glad to hear this. I know I was in the minority, but the kid sucks at football. I've tried liking the pick, and I've wanted a safety more than anyone, but the kid ain't great at football. We would have had to keep playing him and he'd keep getting hurt so he didn't have to, like Bob3 did.

Everette is going to have a solid year.

59 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Lets not sugarcoated guys.  This dude is done.  No way you can play a professional sport such as football with these doubts in mind.  I am beyond pissed right now with this situation. 

At least we fired the drunk clown GM who gave us these ****ty drafts.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'm glad to hear this. I know I was in the minority, but the kid sucks at football. I've tried liking the pick, and I've wanted a safety more than anyone, but the kid ain't great at football. We would have had to keep playing him and he'd keep getting hurt so he didn't have to, like Bob3 did.

Everette is going to have a solid year.

When he was on the field, he produced.  Simple as that.  He was playing out of position and you could see the potential/talent.  Not sure where you're getting he sucked at football.  Your post is COMPLETELY irrational and reactionary. 

Not surprised by this one bit. I had high hopes for him, but that episode with social media and the glasses thing brought those hopes to a full stop. Quite frankly I did not understand how the FO had so much faith in him to be  a contributor moving forward - even w/o knowing the bicep story and his body language in that Compton vid among other things. The only silver lining I can find is that Scot's crappy drafts are making us ES Mock Draft alums look like straight up genius's :ols::rofl89:

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

At least we fired the drunk clown GM who gave us these ****ty drafts.

I was going to add something like that to my post but I know I would have been crucified and didn't feel like defending it.  this wonderful gentleman that loves picking football players has spend a 3rd (Matt Jones) and a 2nd round pick (Su) on guys that are not very good as advertised.  Here is to hoping I am totally wrong won Su'a.

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

When he was on the field, he produced.  Simple as that.  He was playing out of position and you could see the potential/talent.  Not sure where you're getting he sucked at football.  Your post is COMPLETELY irrational and reactionary. 

To be fair to KB he's been very consistent in his perception of Cravens abilities. Way before this. Its not reactionary at all. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No, I think this one...

What was I doing? I don't know. 

Just now, Baughlin' said:

Not surprised by this one bit. I had high hopes for him, but that episode with social media and the glasses thing brought those hopes to a full stop. Quite frankly I did not understand how the FO had so much faith in him to be  a contributor moving forward - even w/o knowing the bicep story and his body lang in that Compton vid among other things. The only silver lining I can find is that Scot's crappy drafts are making us ES Mock Draft alums look like straight up genius's :ols::rofl89:

Well it's official I need to change my sig, ES collectively knows more than Scot about picking football players. :kickcan:

Plot twist: He might not even be injured. Maybe during preseason game one, he walked off the field and said "I'm done". Team quickly regrouped and told us he got injured. I remember everyone was like "Cravens got hurt, when how?". Letting him take the preseason off to get better mentally. Now they realize he needs more time.

Signed/ M. Knight S.

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

You got that right. Pretty classless. If this kid is indeed dealing with mental health issues, this would make it much more difficult for him. You don't publicize things like this,especially to the four-letter network and its principal gossip.

they had to announce something, this controls rumors

To be clear, there is no "talking someone out of retirement" from the NFL.  Cravens is gone, or should be.  If BA seriously tries to get gim to stay he is a bigger idiot than all of us thought.

You can sometimes talk someone out of quitting their job at ChikFilA, but the nfl requires a commitment and dedication that it is clear Cravens doesnt have, and hasnt had since hes been here.  That isnt going to come back in a month of "me" time.  Thats not on him, btw, thats on the organizatiln that drafted him, and more importantly, gave him a starting job this summer.  That tape that JP Finley posted was revealing.  You think all his teammates didnt know his heart wasnt in it?  Yet here he is, on the final 53, starter.

Not only does this reflect poorly on the front office, this reflects even more poorly on Gruden and Manusky.  

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

To be clear, there is no "talking someone out of retirement" from the NFL.  Cravens is gone, or should be.  If BA seriously tries to get gim to stay he is a bigger idiot than all of us thought.

You can sometimes talk someone out of quitting their job at ChikFilA, but the nfl requires a commitment and dedication that it is clear Cravens doesnt have, and hasnt had since hes been here.  That isnt going to come back in a month of "me" time.  Thats not on him, btw, thats on the organizatiln that drafted him, and more importantly, gave him a starting job this summer.  That tape that JP Finley posted was revealing.  You think all his teammates didnt know his heart wasnt in it?  Yet here he is, on the final 53, starter.

Not only does this reflect poorly on the front office, this reflects even more poorly on Gruden and Manusky.  

Even with having a month off, I don't think there is any way he can walk back into that locker room with getting the side eye from some of his teammates.  I don't think there is a chance he suits up in the B&G again.  Which is fine by me...he's got to get himself right first and foremost.  No job is that important to sacrifice your own mental well-being. 

This is Paulsen on it.  I was listening to him on the radio, I wasn't always fully paying attention but I heard enough to know he said there were stories last year relating to Cravens behind the scenes.   And of course we all know about the weird tweet about Cravens and the googles and his vision, etc -- I recall a beat reporter saying the coaches talked to Cravens about that to settle it down.  Apparently, that wasn't the only rodeo.    

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017/09/03/sua-cravens-considering-retirement-placed-on-exempt-list/

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

Didn't the Cowboys talk Rolando McClain out of retiring?...They got a good year out of him at least before he got an indefinite suspension lol...

9 minutes ago, zoony said:

And they really let it go until final cuts? Just horrendous handling of this. 

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Didn't the Cowboys talk Rolando McClain out of retiring?...They got a good year out of him at least before he got an indefinite suspension lol...

Cole Beasley tried to retire his rookie year. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Did you just take a shot at me for having a drinking problem?

That's pretty classy. I ever call you out for being a liar?

I just found your choice of words ironic... and fire away because you have never met me and don't know jack **** about me either. 

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

Even with having a month off, I don't think there is any way he can walk back into that locker room with getting the side eye from some of his teammates.  I don't think there is a chance he suits up in the B&G again.  Which is fine by me...he's got to get himself right first and foremost.  No job is that important to sacrifice your own mental well-being. 

To me at least, this part goes without saying.  I think the bigger story here is all of the warning signs that have been simmering under the surface and swept away by the front office... putting him in the starting spot to try to prove some kind of point about draft prowess.  I continue to be amazed by the absolte organizational dysfuntion that permeates this organization.

Do we think for one second a Lovie Smith or Bill Bellicjeck gives this guy a starting job?  I think they pull him into a meeting in the offseason and have a heart to heart... "is football what you want to do, son?"

Weve all had that job where everyone is busting their ass except the one guy who doesnt even want to be there... and he is the one who ends up being promoted... and then quits... we all know dysfunctional organizations when we see them

This starts at the top, the tantrums that Snyder throws when draft picks dont turn out... leads to where we are...an organization filled with lackeys trying to appease the tyrant rather than build a football team

Archived