Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

33 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@Califan007 mentioned the possibility of a surprise pick that no one’s linking us to... I think my pick for that dark horse is Harold Landry.  

I associate the surprise stuff more to the Shanny years.  But the draft is inherent in surprises especially the later you pick because you don't know how the board is going to fall and there is more opportunity for your targeted players to be picked and ones you didn't expect to be available.  So lets say they trade down.  All of a sudden, we got a slew of guys in play that we haven't put in a lot of time and some whom we have had put some time in.

Maybe its Payne or Guice as some suspect in a trade down but what if they are gone or they love someone among Maurice Hurst, Landry, Davenport, J. Jackson, Hughes, Vander Esch, Hernandez, Wynn. 

Trading down could be one heck of a wild card pick.   If they stay at 13, I think Finlay might be on to something with the R. Smith, Edmonds, Fitzpatrick, James whichever player is left.  I'd throw in Ward in that mix.  I agree if its something a little out of left field it could be Landry maybe even Davenport.  I recall last year they were potentially interested at pass rusher at 13.   

I am not in the camp that the team is conserving cap money in part to pay big money to Preston Smith next year.  My gut is they plan to let him go and save that cash.  If so, adding a pass rusher (which is also a premium paid spot so getting a guy cheap now has more value) in the draft might have some long term prudence to it.  Personally, I am unsure about Davenport but I like Landry.   Landry would bring a dimension we don't have now -- speed rush.

Maurice Hurst to me is a sneaky possiblity.  The beat guys, Cooley, etc keep saying the one possible reluctance about Payne and Vea is pass rush and at 13 you want pass rush in the mix.  Hurst reputation wise is of the Allen mold, can stop the run and rush the passer.  Heck he even played a lot of nose in college albeit being undersized for the position.  Ditto Taven Bryan -- though more a pass rusher in his case than run stopper.

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

I think this draft falls off a cliff after the big 12 (the four QBs (Darnold, Allen, Rosen, & Mayfield), the 3 DBs (Ward, James, and Fitzpatrick), the 2 LBs (Smith & Edmunds), and the rest (Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson) and we are at the unfortunate spot at being at 13.

If those 12 are gone, I'm trying like heck to move out of 13.  I don't see much of a difference from 13 to 25 to be honest.  Guice might be the next most talented player left.  I like Bryan & Smith as better value Defensive Lineman than Vea or Payne would be at 13.  The interior o-line class is deep.  

If the first 12 picks shake out as you have mentioned, I can see the Redskins taking Vea or Guice if they can't trade down.  I however still want a third-round pick and believe that someone would be willing to trade up to #13 to take the WR they want (Baltimore and Dallas come to mind) to get ahead of Green Bay.

I think the media, as a whole, has not really respected this WR class.  As much as I would hate it, I could see a trade between Dallas and Washington so Dallas can take the WR of their choice.  I don't think Washington could pry a third-round pick from Baltimore to move up just three spots.  They could definitely get that from Dallas who sits at #19.

Everybody thinks Green Bay will go defense, but they too need a #1 WR.  They would love nothing more than to get the best WR in this draft at #14.

EDIT:  Bowhunter, I just read your post after posting this.  Needless to say we are thinking the same, which makes my post totally unnecessary. :)

17 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

If the first 12 picks shake out as you have mentioned, I can see the Redskins taking Vea or Guice if they can't trade down.  I however still want a third-round pick and believe that someone would be willing to trade up to #13 to take the WR they want (Baltimore and Dallas come to mind) to get ahead of Green Bay.

I think the media, as a whole, has not really respected this WR class.  As much as I would hate it, I could see a trade between Dallas and Washington so Dallas can take the WR of their choice.  I don't think Washington could pry a third-round pick from Baltimore to move up just three spots.  They could definitely get that from Dallas who sits at #19.

Everybody thinks Green Bay will go defense, but they too need a #1 WR.  They would love nothing more than to get the best WR in this draft at #14.

EDIT:  Bowhunter, I just read your post after posting this.  Needless to say we are thinking the same, which makes my post totally unnecessary. :)

See my trade down scenarios with Zona and NE with comparable past draft trades to warrant the asking price.

The Ravens badly need a RT.  If they want to jump Zona,  I'd want #83 to move down to #16, but that might be too rich for them.  Instead, I'd trade #13+#163+205 for #16+#118+#154+#190.  Basically, we get a 4th this year, and move up 9 slots in the 5th and 15 slots in the 6th.

Interesting.  First round pick hit rates from 2007-2017:

Team Rd 1 Picks Pro-Bowlers % Hit
Washington Redskins 8 6 75.00%
Minnesota Vikings 12 8 66.67%
Dallas Cowboys 11 7 63.64%
New England Patriots 10 5 50.00%
Atlanta Falcons 11 5 45.45%
Buffalo Bills 11 5 45.45%
Houston Texans 11 5 45.45%
Kansas City Chiefs 11 5 45.45%
Pittsburgh Steelers 11 5 45.45%
San Diego Chargers 11 5 45.45%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11 5 45.45%
Philadelphia Eagles 9 4 44.44%
Carolina Panthers 10 4 40.00%
San Francisco 49ers 15 5 33.33%
St. Louis Rams 12 4 33.33%
Detroit Lions 13 4 30.77%
New Orleans Saints 13 4 30.77%
New York Jets 13 4 30.77%
Green Bay Packers 10 3 30.00%
Seattle Seahawks 7 2 28.57%
Miami Dolphins 11 3 27.27%
Cincinnati Bengals 12 3 25.00%
Denver Broncos 12 3 25.00%
Tennessee Titans 12 3 25.00%
Baltimore Ravens 9 2 22.22%
Chicago Bears 9 2 22.22%
Oakland Raiders 9 2 22.22%
Cleveland Browns 16 3 18.75%
Arizona Cardinals 11 2 18.18%
Jacksonville Jaguars 11 2 18.18%
New York Giants 11 2 18.18%
Indianapolis Colts 9 1 11.11%

Mind you, RGIII and Laron Landry are included in our "hit" rate.

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Interesting.  First round pick hit rates from 2007-2017:

Mind you, RGIII and Laron Landry are included in our "hit" rate.

First round hasn't been the issue here, heck Vinny was good too with first rounders.  It's after.  I'd hazard a guess we'd be close to the bottom for example as to 2nd rounders.  2nd round has been abysmal. 

LaConfora.  I recall some draft geek measured last years mocks and JLC had the most accurate one.  He's going purely on what he hears.  He wrote the article last year back how Ryan Anderson could go higher than people think, late first, early 2nd and quoted an anoynmous source raving about him -- in retrospect that source to me looked like could have been from the Redskins based on what was said.

I say this because of him tying Bryan to the Redskins as a possibility.  Ironically, the football outsiders guy the other day on the radio mused about whether the Redskins would be intrigued by Bryan because his flashes are really good and if you teamed him up with Tomsula -- watch out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-draft-miller-a-top-target-for-raiders-broncos-open-for-business-and-more-notes/

Frank Ragnow climbing draft boards

Continue to hear Ragnow (Arkansas) is the top center in this draft and the people in the know realize it. As I reported a few weeks back, he's someone who is in no one's mock drafts at the start of the month who will be going quite high. I don't think he makes it past the Bengals in most logical scenarios.

More NFL Draft rumblings

• Baltimore would prefer not to take a tight end at 16, and look for them to explore trading down, too. I just don't know who moves up. Regardless, if they could drop down 5-7 spots they'd covet South Carolina tight end Hayden Hurst I'm told. I don't see many tight ends going in the first round, but if Hurst is there when the Saints pick that looks like a natural match.
  • Tremaine Edmunds, at just age 19, is a lock to go in the top 10 from everything I am hearing and I wouldn't be shocked if he went as high as sixth overall depending on who else comes off the board. His stock has continued to soar through this process.
  • Evaluators I trust believe that Maryland's D.J. Moore is the best receiver in this draft and should absolutely be taken ahead of Calvin Ridley (Alabama) or Courtland Sutton (SMU), who are the only other receivers I hear real first-round potential on.
  •  
  • Ultimately, maybe none of them go in the top 32, but don't be surprised at all if Moore is the first off the board.
  • I could see Taven Bryan (Florida) going just outside the top 10, which would be substantially higher than many projected before the combine. He's not a perfect fit for everyone, and he doesn't fit some defensive tackle stereotypes (he likes to build computers in his spare time), but the potential is robust and he could be an impactful pass rusher from the inside, sorely lacking in this draft. I could see Washington taking him, and I think the worst-case scenario for him is the Falcons at 26th overall. They are among the teams that love him. 
  •  
  • Since first writing about Florida State defensive lineman Josh Sweat a few weeks back – and how projections of him going in the third or fourth round are way off base, I have heard nothing to the contrary. Some teams prefer him to Harold Landry, his knee is not as big a concern now as it was for some clubs before the combine, and he has some freakish ability and metrics. I wouldn't guarantee he goes in the first round, but top of the second round is a very safe bet, and if a team like Seattle dropped down a few spots as it is apt to do, Sweat would be a strong potential target.
  •  
  • NFL teams may be systematically ignoring Eric Reid for some now-obvious reasons unrelated to football, but his brother is getting a lot of attention. Stanford safety Justin Reid has a legit shot at going in the first round, and the Titans have done a lot of work on safeties. Reid or Ronnie Harrison(Alabama) could be the pick there depending on how things break.
  •  
  • And for as much attention as Tremaine Edmunds is garnering late, keep a very close eye on his brother, safety Terrell Edmunds. Teams love his make-up and athleticism more than is being let on, and the projected grades on him in the 4th/5th round are going to look way low. I keep hearing it's possible he sneaks into the late first round, or certainly second round. The Panthers, Titans and Steelers could be a fit.
  •  
  • Haven't seen Georgia edge rusher Lorenzo Carter mocked in the first round much, but it's a real possibility. So little pass rush available and so many teams in need.

If Barkley falls(which I highly doubt)to 5 or 6 do we make a move for him?..I mean if we're just a game changing running back away to winning 11+ games I think it's worth it...yes I truly believe we are a game-changing running back away from winning our division of course this depends on the health of Chris and Jordan, I think the Silverback and Moses will be just fine but if we get Chris and Jordan back healthy I believe our offense is just a game-changing running back away..now on the other hand with our defense I believe with a healthy return of Allen and Matt in another year and if the right adjustments accure(good draft, hankins signing/fingers crossed)we could very well be seeing the kind of defense we seen against the raiders and chiefs last year...Hail to the Redskins, I'm getting excited for another year!

Bryan is all potential but he is not stereotypical in terms of size and his football IQ is questionable. He just doesn't seems to read the game very well. If you draft him, you gamble on him developing fast. He then could be a steal. 

Personally I never take Bryan over Hurst. 

Ragnow news doesn't suprices me. Dude his game is super clean. He has no flash but is all game. 

That post from Skinsinparadise, looks very good for my mock draft picks ?. 

I don't know much about Terell Edmunds, so I just looked up his combine. His numbers are eye popping. He's 6'2", 220 lb's. Forty time of 4.47. Vertical of 41.5". Broad jump of 11'2"!!!! I'd be tempted to go Vea in the first and Edmunds in the 4th or 5th rather than Derwin in the 1st. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrell-edmunds?id=32462018-0002-5601-25af-a59d7c8988a5

Highlights are also pretty good! 

23 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

If Barkley falls(which I highly doubt)to 5 or 6 do we make a move for him?..I mean if we're just a game changing running back away to winning 11+ games I think it's worth it...yes I truly believe we are a game-changing running back away from winning our division of course this depends on the health of Chris and Jordan, I think the Silverback and Moses will be just fine but if we get Chris and Jordan back healthy I believe our offense is just a game-changing running back away..now on the other hand with our defense I believe with a healthy return of Allen and Matt in another year and if the right adjustments accure(good draft, hankins signing/fingers crossed)we could very well be seeing the kind of defense we seen against the raiders and chiefs last year...Hail to the Redskins, I'm getting excited for another year!

I'm in the minority here, I'm sure, but I would have no problem moving up for Barkley. He instantly makes the offense legitimate and could be heavily involved in the passing game. 

I love Bryan but taking him at 13 would be a huge mistake. We are going to get a blue chipper at that number. If we skip over a Smith, Nelson, Fitzpatrick for a Bryan? Holy hell we are much worse off than I ever thought. Though personally I have always felt LaCanfora is a moron so at least he is living up to my expectations of him.

13 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

I love Bryan but taking him at 13 would be a huge mistake. We are going to get a blue chipper at that number. If we skip over a Smith, Nelson, Fitzpatrick for a Bryan? Holy hell we are much worse off than I ever thought. Though personally I have always felt LaCanfora is a moron so at least he is living up to my expectations of him.

As for Laconfora, he's not pretending to be an evaluator -- he just parrots what he hears.  Apparently, some guy studied all the mock drafts a week before last years draft -- Laconfora ended up with the most accurate one.  So, at least last year his sources ended up pretty good. 

I have been wondering about Terrell Edmunds for much of the draft process. He's a freak athlete. Went to Virginia Tech ... and we have a propensity to draft Tech DBs. I wondered why he was slated so late in so many mock drafts. He has anywhere from a R2 to R5 grade, but yeah, he's one of those guys you see go higher than expected, and I wouldn't be surprised.

Ragnow going in the 1st is now sounding likely. Where James Daniels / Billy Price / Isaiah Wynn all seemed to be in that 20's range of interior OL, maybe one slides as Ragnow cements himself as #1 Center. Maybe that slide is Price or Daniels, either of whom would be great to have at #44. Just a week ago I posted a mock draft on here where the Skins got Ragnow in the 4th with Guice and Settle in 1/2. One week later and he's now in the 1st/2nd in most drafts I see.

Also, going through some of these positional rankings i'm realizing how insanely deep the interior line is in this draft. Every year when I'm looking at the NT position (or 1 Technique) I find that the prospects are few and far between. Maybe 1 or 2 guys in the Top 2 rounds then a few guys in the mid-rounds then that's it ... per Drafttek ... here's your rankings of the 1-Technique guys ...

1-19: Vita Vea, Washington

2-34: Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

3-56: Harrison Phillips, Stanford

4-90: B.J. Hill, NC State

5-101: Derrick Nnadi, Florida State

6-116: Joshua Frazier, Alabama

7-118: Foloronsu Futakasi, UConn

8-120: Tim Settle, Virginia Tech

9-135: Deadrin Senat, USF

10-136: Kendrick Norton, Miami

11-154: Lowell Lotulelei, Utah

12-155: Justin Jones, NC State

First ... this Frazier guy from Bama ... is he Paynes backup? I've always wondered, at big schools like Bama, where guys backup future 1st round talent, but don't play more than rotationally because of that, do they get overlooked. Maybe this Frazier guy has some skills.

A good point of reference for that is Denzel Ward. Because he was the #3 CB at Ohio State (behind the 2 1st round CBs last year) until this year, he was completely overlooked. Then he has a blowup year and he's the #1 CB. But he was a year younger than the other two ... so what if a guy like Joshua Frazier doesn't play much because he's the same year as a guy a little better like Payne. Drafttek, at least, appears to have pinned him as a 4th round talent, and that's the first I've seen his name pop up, which is interesting.

But my point in posting those ... your Round 4-5 talent for NT is ridiculously deep compared to year's past. Just to say, if we don't go DT in Round 1 or 2 ... I'd expect to get someone with good upside in Round 4 or 5. It's a very deep year for the interior DL

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Ragnow going in the 1st is now sounding likely. Where James Daniels / Billy Price / Isaiah Wynn all seemed to be in that 20's range of interior OL, maybe one slides as Ragnow cements himself as #1 Center. Maybe that slide is Price or Daniels, either of whom would be great to have at #44. Just a week ago I posted a mock draft on here where the Skins got Ragnow in the 4th with Guice and Settle in 1/2. One week later and he's now in the 1st/2nd in most drafts I see.

Haven't watched much of Ragnow.  But James Daniels is REALLY good.  He's got some seriously impressive movement skills on tape.  He reliably reaches guys in the 2nd level, he gets in front of DT's he shouldn't, I think his potential is sky-high.  For all we know, 5 years from now, we might think he's the best OLineman from this draft.  That said, I'd like to see what our OL coach can do with him to coax out some more power.  Right now his power is a little lackluster, if he had it, he'd be unanimously talked about in the 1st.

Personally, I know we have Rouiller, but it's going to be hard to pass on James Daniels if he's there at #44.  His potential is that of a perennial pro-bowler, and he fits well on a line with athletic specimens like Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff.

1-Tech:

1-19: Vita Vea, Washington

2-34: Da'Ron Payne, Alabama

3-56: Harrison Phillips, Stanford

4-90: B.J. Hill, NC State

5-101: Derrick Nnadi, Florida State

6-116: Joshua Frazier, Alabama

7-118: Foloronsu Futakasi, UConn

8-120: Tim Settle, Virginia Tech

9-135: Deadrin Senat, USF

10-136: Kendrick Norton, Miami

11-154: Lowell Lotulelei, Utah

12-155: Justin Jones, NC State

3-Tech:

1-18: Taven Bryan, Florida

2-22: Maurice Hurst, Michigan

3-95: RJ McIntosh, Miami

4-97: Poona Ford, Texas

5-98: Stephen Richardson, Minnesota

6-100: Nathan Sheperd, Fort Hays State

7-112: Trenton Thompson, Georgia

8-131: Michael Hill, Ohio State

9-146: Breeland Speaks, Ole Miss

10-159: Kentavius Street, NC State

Obviously there's some distinction between 1 and 3 Techniques and a lot of rankings put the two together. Drafttek doesn't label or rank 0-technique (true NT) so 1-Tech is the closest, and some 3-tech can certainly play NT. The 3/5Tech combo tends to be more outside DEs in the 3-4, although there's crossover.

But between the 1 and 3 technique you have:

3 1st round

2 2nd round

5 3rd round

8 4th round

7 5th round

That's a remarkable 25 players with Round 5 or better grades that can play the NT spot in some capacity.

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Personally, I know we have Rouiller, but it's going to be hard to pass on James Daniels if he's there at #44.  His potential is that of a perennial pro-bowler, and he fits well on a line with athletic specimens like Trent Williams and Brandon Scherff.

Well, there's been a lot of talk from the beat guys that indicates the team thinks Roullier is just fine at Center, but can also kick to LG. Since this draft is so deep with players who can go to C or Guard (Price, Ragnow, Daniels, Cole) drafting one of them seems like it would make a lot of sense if it lined up with one of our picks. That would allow you to put Roullier and the new guy at either LG or C and it gives the line a lot of flexibility in case of injury.

11 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Between Hernandez, Wynn, Price, Ragnow, Daniels -- and arguably not a mile behind are B. Smith, Corbett -- that's quite a crew.  You have a shot in the 2nd round to essentially secure a Cowboys style O line.  To me that's very tempting.

I was just looking at Brugler's D line ranking, he combined all types regardless of technique

1. Hurst

2. Vea

3. Bryan

4. Payne

5. Phillips

6. Shepherd

7. Senat

8. R. Green

9 BJ Hill

10. Hand

11. Nmadi

12. Fatukasi

13. McIntosh

14. T. Thompson

15. Settle

11 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Well, there's been a lot of talk from the beat guys that indicates the team thinks Roullier is just fine at Center, but can also kick to LG. Since this draft is so deep with players who can go to C or Guard (Price, Ragnow, Daniels, Cole) drafting one of them seems like it would make a lot of sense if it lined up with one of our picks. That would allow you to put Roullier and the new guy at either LG or C and it gives the line a lot of flexibility in case of injury.

I don't know about you guys but my target in Round 2 would be Connor Williams out of Texas.  I think he is a Brandon Scherff clone.  If we are fortunate enough for him to drop to us in the 2nd then our line will be dominant.

3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I don't know about you guys but my target in Round 2 would be Connor Williams out of Texas.  I think he is a Brandon Scherff clone.  If we are fortunate enough for him to drop to us in the 2nd then our line will be dominant.

I have just assumed he'd be gone in the 20's and at the very least in the 30's somewhere. He's a Tackle/Guard combo, which I'm also super intrigued by. Like Scherff, in that he could excel at RT but would be potentially dominant at OG.

We are fortunate enough to need depth at Tackle and starters at both LG and OC. So we can't really go wrong, whether we draft someone like Williams to come in and play LG but who can also kick out to RT beyond 2019 if we have an injury (Nsheke fills that role just fine now).

Whereas a Guard/Center combo adds versatility to the interior and presumably solves either LG or Center, depending on where you move Roullier.

We are in a position where if we are up, it would make sense to go Connor Williams as much as it does to go Billy Price. Boy, that would be a nice problem to have!

And my point to posting all that interior DL depth is that IF we do go Guice or Fitzpatrick/James in the 1st round ... we don't necessarily have to go DT in the 2nd. Now, let's say we start the draft going Fitzpatrick, Chubb ... I would double-down on DL and OG in the 4th and 5th ... DL-G-DL or G-DL-DL ... lots of talent in there. I'd maybe try and grab a guy from the 1Tech and 3Tech list for versatility, just to make up fro the fact that you're waiting a bit and risking missing on the talent a bit more. And we need to hit on a DL in this draft.

So I've watched as much video on Guice as I could find and I don't get it, I don't see anything that wows me about this guy.  

Barkley is a different story, highlight after highlight of that kid using his speed, vision, and athleticism to make ridiculous runs.

Speaking of Ragnow, just saw PFF's annual mock draft.  I'm not a big fan of that trade in the 1st with Chubb and Ward sitting right there for us.

PFF's 2018 live seven-round, all-analyst mock draft

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-2018-live-seven-round-all-analyst-mock-draft?utm_content=bufferff589&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

23. TRADE: Washington Redskins (from New England from Los Angeles Rams)

Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas

[Trade details: Washington sends their Round 1 pick (No. 13 overall) & their Round 4 pick (No. 109 overall) in exchange for New England’s Round 1 pick (No. 23 overall) and Round 2 pick (No. 43 overall).]

Ragnow has been the top-graded college center the past two seasons and posted the fifth-highest overall grade last year among all draft-eligible players with a 93.7 overall grade. The three-year starter from Arkansas, who didn’t allow a single sack during his college career, is the second ranked interior offensive lineman, which is the key to this pick. Ragnow provides Washington with flexibility to immediately slide into either of the current soft spots at left guard or center to put together the best unit instead of plugging a position hole. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

43. TRADE: Washington Redskins (from New England from San Francisco)

Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU

[Trade details: Washington sends their Round 1 pick (No. 13 overall) & their Round 4 pick (No. 109 overall) in exchange for New England’s Round 1 pick (No. 17 overall) and Round 2 pick (No. 43 overall).]

Washington ball-carriers collectively graded second-worst last season as a unit and Penny has too many accolades to fully account for. He leads a strong running back draft class in breakaway percentage, percent not tackled on first contact (42.8 percent), and missed tackles forced on carries (80). The San Diego State product also can add value returning both kicks and punts, as he returned eight for touchdowns in his college career. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

44. Washington Redskins

Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

Harrison has great range and brings the thunder against both the run and underneath passing plays. His impressive run-defense grade of 85.1 in his last season at Alabama will be a much-needed injection to a defensive unit that really struggled to stop the ground game last season. He also adds depth in coverage, as he allowed a passer rating of just 38.9 into his coverage while also knocking away two passes and intercepting three balls in 2017.  – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

142. Washington Redskins (from Denver)

D.J. Chark, WR, LSU

The Redskins lacked a deep threat last year and have yet to fully replace the void that DeSean Jackson left upon his exit from the team in 2016. Chark ranked in the top-5 in both deep pass receptions (20-plus yards) and deep pass yards. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

163. Washington Redskins (from Denver from Atlanta)

Holton Hill, CB, Texas

The Redskins have 1,575 cornerback snaps to replace from last season and Hill will provide depth to the position bringing his receiver size at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds. He played largely off-coverage at Texas on top of receivers so his ability to consistently turn and run at the line of scrimmage is still in question however ceding ground on virtually every target, he still only allowed 50.9 percent of balls thrown at him to be caught in 2017. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

205. Washington Redskins (from Cleveland from New England)

Trenton Thompson, DI, Georgia

Washington was atrocious stopping the run last season and unfortunately this is not a deep class to fill those needs up front. Thompson’s ticket into the league is his ability to do exactly that, ranking seventh among interior defenders with a 11.5 run-stop percentage. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

231. Washington Redskins

Jalyn Holmes, LB, Ohio State

Holmes had to fight with top prospects and future top draft picks at Ohio State for playing time resulting in only 1,059 snaps in college. He showed enough to get an invite to the Senior Bowl where he had a terrific game, posting five pressures and two stops.  – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

241. Washington Redskins (from Los Angeles Rams)

Mike McCray, LB, Michigan

The two-year starter at Michigan at a minimum will provide depth as a necessary run-stopping inside linebacker racking up 77 stops in college. A rebound in coverage, and McCray could push Mason Foster for starting time on the inside. – Trevor Lynch, @PFF_Lynch

Archived