Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I can't stand klobuchar. 

As much as I despise the orangutan colored piece of **** that currently occupies the White House if klobuchar is the nominee I will be so disheartened I may stay home, and it pains me to say that.

This blows my ****ing mind. If you stay home and for anyone that votes third party, you are part of the problem. This country has a few big issues right now but none bigger than Trump. Biggest threat this country has faced in a long time. 

Diehard.jpg

I was seeing Star Wars during the debate.  I think the point someone brought up earlier in the thread about the economy is good.  Trump is an idiot, he doesn't know anything about the issues, he is straight up absent of any insight into foreign relations.  The only thing he has going for him is that he will get on that debate stage and just talk about jobs report numbers.   The Dem candidate is going to have to be able to coherently explain why those jobs numbers are not nearly as good as they seem and explain beyond stats on a paper.   

I mean let's be real here, Trump basically ran his entire 2016 campaign straight up lying about the economy in the first place.  He just said over and over the jobs reports were lies and that "he had the real numbers" 

7 hours ago, Destino said:

I don’t get that impression at all.  Sometimes she looks like she’s holding back and trying to smile and play nice when she’d rather call some of these people idiots.  I can understand that.

i like her.  

I don't dislike her, but the question is, how will she perform against Trump?

Niw, she came prepared to attack Buttigieg, but I don't think she was ready for the counterpunch.

The best counterpuncher among the candidates seems to be Pute Buttigieg IMO.  They came after him hard this debate, but he was ready.

Well, Klobuchar did have a good debate and benefited from less people being on stage.  Iowa is right in her backyard.  As has been pointed out online, there have been candidates in the past who were polling around where she was and started gaining momentum around this time, but it is the exception.   If she doesn't, I could see her getting VP consideration if she winds up dropping out around February.  

Otherwise, this still seems to be Biden's to lose.  I didn't think anyone did too badly last night.  Sanders had a few groan moments, and Steyer was just kind of hanging around, but otherwise a decent night with some actual back and forth.

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Klobuchar already qualified. Only ones who may not qualify are Yang and Steyer it seems. Bloomberg isn't taking donations so he won't be on the stage.

i was happy to see amy fight back into it...she's a keeper, but i'd like to hear her more on int'l affairs focusing on military/diplomacy priorities...i know she's good on trade/commerce....early on i thought a great ticket might be amy-booker

it's hard for me to capsulize what i liked about yang policy wise or even state what his policies are succinctly and my take right now is that's on me for not doing any real work on him yet---but his intelligence and maturity and humor and comportment all stand out to me

he was impressive several times talking on economy/business (but admittedly that's one of my weakest areas of knowledge---all things financial)....and when he touches on matters of ethics/morality he seems very well grounded....imo he needs to stick around in the game however this goes

i need to do some work on him

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's hard for me to capsulize what i liked about yang policy wise or even state what his policies are succinctly and my take right now is that's on me for not doing any real work on him yet---but his intelligence and maturity and humor and comportment all stand out to me

he was impressive several times talking on economy/business (but admittedly that's one of my weakest areas of knowledge---all things financial)....and when he touches on matters of ethics/morality he seems very well grounded....imo he needs to stick around in the game however this goes

My partner (or soon to be wife), who is an Economist, LOVES Yang and is leaning towards voting for him if he sticks around by the time we have a primary in our state. Her research is on unpaid care work in the economy, which often falls on women and doesn't get factored into our economic and productivity metrics, and Yang is the only candidate who talks about this issue consistently and openly in a way that you can tell that he's listening to experts.

I personally like his policies on climate change and data privacy and think he's the best of the bunch when it comes to understanding tech and society amongst the Dems. I really don't care for his UBI platform and I think he's dead wrong about automation though, and since this is really his core platform, he loses points with me. But still, he's right now third on my list behind Warren and Klobuchar.

Biden-Kloubacher ticket seems good on paper as far as electability goes, but how can anyone trust conventional wisdom after the last decade?

I still see Trump as the clear favorite even though I live in the bubble that is Los Angeles, but the presidential debates are going to be nuts no matter who the candidate is. No one thought Trump had a chance in 2016. He was treated somewhat with kid gloves. It is going to be vicious in 2020. 

40 minutes ago, visionary said:

I still want Klobucher to stay in the senate until there is a suitable replacement or it isn't a battleground seat.

I mean, for what it is worth, Minnesota has only had one Republican Senator since 2000.  And in that one instance, he beat an independent incumbent who themselves were finishing out the term of a popular Democratic senator that died in office.  So if not for the death, no Republican senators for 20 years.

Also, the governor of Minnesota is a Democrat, and represented Minnesota in the House for five straight elections, so you have to think he's pretty popular.  He'd be in charge of appointing her replacement.

Anyway, I don't think you can really have someone decide not to reach for the next rung on the ladder strictly based on whether their seat if safe.  If she doesn't get more traction and a bump after Iowa, then yeah, maybe drop out then, but otherwise I don't think you can think that way.  Minnesota isn't California, but it hasn't exactly been a tossup at the Senate level in recent memory.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

My partner (or soon to be wife), who is an Economist, LOVES Yang and is leaning towards voting for him if he sticks around by the time we have a primary in our state. Her research is on unpaid care work in the economy, which often falls on women and doesn't get factored into our economic and productivity metrics, and Yang is the only candidate who talks about this issue consistently and openly in a way that you can tell that he's listening to experts.

I personally like his policies on climate change and data privacy and think he's the best of the bunch when it comes to understanding tech and society amongst the Dems. I really don't care for his UBI platform and I think he's dead wrong about automation though, and since this is really his core platform, he loses points with me. But still, he's right now third on my list behind Warren and Klobuchar.

Yang is probably my #2 to Buttigueg and I feel like you can tell he’s a smart guy every time he talks.

Whoever on the stage that is in favor of M4A or a Public Option or anything resembling those programs better be looking into the camera, leveling with the American people about the fact that President is only one person and major legislation is going to take a collaborative effort.  If the voters truly want something as transformational as M4A they are going to have to get out there and vote for more than just the President.  Bring up that there was a straight up refusal to work with Obama on ACA and that wasn't anything close to fundamentally changing the healthcare industry. 

Archived