Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

If I were the Democratic nominee I would repeatedly call him out in public as a coward if he balks, or tries to game the debates in his favor.

Trump slams debate commission, raising questions about his participation

President Trump on Monday hammered the Commission on Presidential Debates, raising questions about his participation in debates next year with the eventual Democratic presidential nominee.

The president, in a trio of tweets, said he looked forward to debating "whoever the lucky person is who stumbles across the finish line" in the Democratic primary.

But he chastised the nonprofit commission responsible for organizing the presidential debates and suggested he might avoid them. That group has scheduled three general election debates next year.

"As President, the debates are up to me, and there are many options, including doing them directly & avoiding the nasty politics of this very biased Commission," Trump tweeted. "I will make a decision at an appropriate time but in the meantime, the Commission on Presidential Debates is NOT authorized to speak for me (or R’s)!"

The president claimed that the commission, which describes itself as nonpartisan, is "stacked with Trump Haters & Never Trumpers." Trump pointed to an incident in a 2016 presidential debate in which the commission acknowledged technical issues with his microphone.

Trump's tweets came days after The New York Times reported that he was talking with advisers about the possibility of sitting out the general election debates next year due to distrust in the commission and concerns about who might serve as moderators.

Click on the link for the full article

Bloomberg needs to go.  From the linked article.

Mike Bloomberg has on repeated occasions faced and fought allegations that he directed crude and sexist comments to women in his office, including a claim in the 1990s that he told an employee who had just announced she was pregnant to "kill it."

"He told me to 'kill it' in a serious monotone voice," the woman alleged in a lawsuit. "I asked 'What? What did you just say?' He looked at me and repeated in a deliberate manner 'kill it.'"

Bloomberg has repeatedly denied that specific allegation -- which arose in a discrimination lawsuit that was settled out of court. But over the years a number of women have alleged in legal filings that Bloomberg’s use of lewd comments around co-workers fostered a frat-like culture at the company he founded and still owns. Quotes attributed to him in court filings include, "I’d like to do that piece of meat," and "I would DO you in a second."

Court records reviewed by ABC News indicate that at least 17 women have taken legal action against the company over the past three decades, with three of the cases specifically naming Bloomberg for his role in the company’s culture. None of the cases made it to trial – four were either dismissed or withdrawn, while five were settled out of court. Three cases remain active.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bloombergs-sexist-remarks-fostered-company-culture-degraded-women/story?id=67744180

Since he's leading the overall national polls, Biden is still the favorite.

I don't think you can really can't out anyone among the Top 4: Biden, Mayor Pete, Sanders or Warren. Bloomberg is a wait and see proposition for Super Tuesday and beyond.

No doubt Warren has faded and Pete has risen but now he's getting all the attacks.  We'll just have to see what happens when the voters decide.

I find it funny the Dems are whinning because Castro and Booker didn't make the current debate.  No minorities in the debate, we can't have that.  While I agree the Dems qualifications standards are stupid; if you haven't gotten support by now, you aren't getting it.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, visionary said:

So? Why is that an issue? Every state including Democratic run ones are required to keep their voting rolls updated I believe that average turnover (Purge rate) is 5-10%.. 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

If BIden is the nom, Trump will smoke him.

Nothing is a sure thing but the best odds of beating Trump from that field would be Biden, Bloomberg, or Klobucher.

29 minutes ago, nonniey said:

So? Why is that an issue? Every state including Democratic run ones are required to keep their voting rolls updated I believe that average turnover (Purge rate) is 5-10%.. 

Nothing is a sure thing but the best odds of beating Trump from that field would be Biden, Bloomberg, or Klobucher.

Biden can't win the presidency on just older voters alone.  He will not get a lot of the youth vote.  Also, he will look even more mentally incompetent has the campaign goes on. 

i'd like to see booker and klobuchar hang in there...booker seems to be actually campaigning strong in terms of his actual presentation...just not getting the pop needed...klobuchar's ads are well done...too bad kamala actually qualified for this debate in every way but contributions; the money did start to really dry up during all the staff chaos...

on a related note, the dems habit for eating their own continues...and though i take no excuses' perspective as valid--that the fighting makes you stronger/tightens up your game---the stupid fighting doesn't...it makes you look stupid...not fun to have half the pack looking stupid....or self-pitying and excuse-making or blaming other things for a lack of success

to that, i know there's problems when only one non-white is making this debate after we had so many qualified people of color, and you know i'm not gonna minimize any importance in that, yet at the same time i wish the media heads of all colors could watch it a bit as repeatedly referring to a cast of seven that includes two women, a gay guy, an asian american, and a span across age and policy that's fairly broad, as "lacking diversity"

it's hardly perfect  but it's not some disaster either.

and it can get dicey to separate the real inequalities around race/color in available opportunity to succeed from other dynamics like their policy substance to personal styles that may be more the problem with a candidate...dem talking heads should just watch out for over-focusing on "lack of diversity" (remember your competition is way worse and that a veep is in play too) or over-emphasis of proposed victimization

on the same matter, while cnn/msnbc aren't as bat**** crazy or malevolent or duplicitous as fox news, they also do that 24 hr cable news thing of trying to create/steer narratives aimed at keeping viewers engaged (mainly worried or riled) so they really hype up anything controversial, combative, or otherwise pot-stirring themes whenever they come up and they try to fan the flame...wish they'd clean that **** up on their end...and of course such topical steering is much more about making money than either network's institutional political bias

Archived