Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Why is he the new media darling?  Random chance?

I would guess no.

Much better story than most of the other dregs and retreads.

Also I’m enjoying the people declaring it an s show (I don’t believe that’s anyone here... people I know are saying it, mostly republicans)

the same was said about the republican primary in 2016 and the primary winner is now president so...

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Also I’m enjoying the people declaring it an s show (I don’t believe that’s anyone here... people I know are saying it, mostly republicans)

the same was said about the republican primary in 2016 and the primary winner is now president so...

Not sure that you want to point at President Trump as evidence that the system isn't broken.  

I mean, I'll probably watch, but the people I want to hear from aren't the current front runners and probably won't get much focus.

I agree this is way too crowded.  I didn't even know Eric Swalwell declared, and I thought Tulsi Gabbard had dropped out already.

They were just so close to doing these debates right. They said they were going to draw half the "upper tier" (I don't remember the language they used for it) candidates for each debate and half of the lower tier for each. The way they botched it was putting a couple of candidates with basically 2% support (Klobuchar and Booker) in the upper tier. And then the draw just went as badly as it could have. 

The shame (apart form that initial mistake) was then not looking at the draw and saying "Well, that didn't work" and just doing it again.

Is the media smart for releasing these internal polling data?  Do we really need to know that right now?  Doesn't it just work to ramp up Trump's base?  If the media looking to start another close horse race?  Just don't see what there is to gain by doing this right now.

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think cutting people out is fine.  If you've been campaigning for six months and don't have 2% support in the polls, then kindly GTFO. 

Those people dont even really care about winning.  They know full well they have no shot.  I'm guessing being able to say you ran for President is rather lucrative.  In a 20-something person field, that bottom half is in it for the money.

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

Beto got punked in this campaign.  He just took a siesta and let Mayor Pete swoop in and take his spot.  

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Theres still time for Beto to drop out and run for Senate, right?

Beto is still a solid candidate with a chance to make noise after the debates thin the crowd down. Im not sure why he stopped his momentum and has been mostly absent from the national spotlight shows during his campaign but he’s done well on those he has appeared on. 

He’s got some nice policies he’s put out too that are more progressive than people give him credit for. No he’s not Warren or Bernie but who else is? I think he’s a great balance of some progressivism while still appealing to the moderate block of the party and people that don’t regularly vote like the youth. He’s the only candidate I am entirely confident would rout Trump in the general 

I said long ago I thought he should be the VP pick and I’d be happy with him there because his GOTV ability would be hugely beneficial to the ticket. 

I don’t want him running for the Senate though. That ship has sailed. 

Archived