Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

For me, that would start with the passing of a new Voting Rights Act to safeguard the sanctity our democracy and ensure that equal voting opportunity for all. that will be one of the biggest actions taken they can ensure we never are put in this position again

I could get behind that.  

Now, I do see a valid point that we shouldn't have federal election laws that only apply to some of the country.  Republican disenfranchisement of minorities on Ohio should be treated the same as in Alabama.  

But I think the solution for that is to make the next VRA apply to the whole country.  I think it's clear that it's needed.  

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Edit

For me, that would start with the passing of a new Voting Rights Act to safeguard the sanctity our democracy and ensure that equal voting opportunity for all. that will be one of the biggest actions taken they can ensure we never are put in this position again

This will be the busiest and most crucial “first 100 days” in our lifetime. This is not simply a standard transition of power. This is the resuscitation of America from its dying breath. 

biden and his team need to be ready. 

A major part of that has to be the elimination of gerrymandering from all 50 states - red and blue. Right now that is providing the biggest assault on democracy. It's being used to eliminate the power of the vote. So once you are in you never cede power. This has to change. 

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

A major part of that has to be the elimination of gerrymandering from all 50 states - red and blue. Right now that is providing the biggest assault on democracy. It's being used to eliminate the power of the vote. So once you are in you never cede power. This has to change. 

set up a commission to map. There has to be some way to do it in a bipartisan way even one mostly based on some algorithms with population data fed into it something. 

vote by mail, voting holiday added, restrictions on voter roll purges, regulations on amounts of polling locations by population as well as when polling locations can be closed. Same day registration and of course measures to protect from outside interference. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

set up a commission to map. There has to be some way to do it in a bipartisan way even one mostly based on some algorithms with population data fed into it something. 

vote by mail, voting holiday added, restrictions on voter roll purges, regulations on amounts of polling locations by population as well as when polling locations can be closed. Same day registration and of course measures to protect from outside interference. 

This already exists. Several states use non-partisan algorithms to draw up districts fairly. States just need to agree to use them. Or as you suggested make it part of a voter rights.

Archived