Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

fair enough... but isn't that also true with the "progressive wing"?  ...particularly the 18-25 progressives?      and, even MORE SO for that group?

that’s a question for someone more knowledgeable on the subject than me. 

i guess my question in response would be:

if you have to pick which group you can win with having their turnout suppress to whatever a reasonable level is for that group, the black vote or the young progressive vote, which would you pick?

i imagine that requires having some pretty in-depth data on what regions would be affected and how that changes things. Which states turn red if the black vote doesn’t show up? Which states turn red if the young progressive vote doesn’t show up?

speaking bigger picture with future elections especially for everything other than president, what’s the cost? 

my gut says you lose more if you lose the black vote, and that majority of the youth progressive vote exists within safer areas. But I’m completely guessing. Way out of my knowledge base. 

(sorry I typed this a long time ago and forgot about it, maybe conversation has moved on)

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

if you live in Penn Quarter or Capitol Hill .. you look at people WAY OUT in dupont circle or Adams Morgan as "basically living in the burbs"

Just quoting this part but for the idea of looking out

I got 3 acres. Behind me is a horse training facility in like 50 acres. I can see them out there on Sunday mornings riding their horses when the leaves aren’t on the trees

the other weekend about 30 beagles trekked through my yard. Apparently they were doing a fox hunt. 

nova treats my area way differently than most of what you’re describing. One time I was working at a client office in Vienna and was talking to these two mid-20’s chicks causally as I was doing whatever work I was doing in their area. They asked me where I lived. I told them. 

One said “aren’t there cows out there?”

and they both giggled. 

But yeah, otherwise I agree with you :)

if you live in Faquir/PrinceWilliam/Frederick counties.... then... well... **** you,

exactly!! **** you too!! Enjoy your rush hour traffic going grocery shopping on a Saturday. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I get so mad that when I see Bernie listed on a vote or something (like the just passed Cornova bill), that he is listed as a independent.  Like how ****ing stupid are the Dems to allow someone to run for their nomination who isn't even a part of their party?!?

When I listen to Bernie he sounds like a guy who doesn't really consider himself to be part of the Democratic establishment, I don't even think he likes the Democrats but he knows he needs their platform to win the nomination.

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

NOVA...used to be a nice place to be.  I live outside of it now and don't miss the yuppies, soccer moms, etc.  

Yeah? Drink beer? We throw down in Thursday’s and Saturday’s ;) 

if you live in Faquir/PrinceWilliam/Frederick counties.... then... well... **** you, West Virginia and Pennsylvania... ya big bag of losers! 

By the time you get to western LOUDOUN you find Patrick Henry College, home schooling evangelicals and all sorts of far fight nonsensical beliefs.

I'm pretty sure by the time you get to Fauquier and Clarke county it's mostly polygamous end-of-times death cults.

I figure Lizzie is still processing that America rejected her and rejected her soundly.  Despite her downplaying it, it still has to hurt that her own state rejected her. 

I think she still wants to be a player; so she's waiting and see how the Dem race goes. She could endorse Bernie but if he's end losing, she loses her influence.  So, she will wait and see how he does.  If he's competing with Biden; then she might decide to endorse Sanders later on, if she feels it can help him.  If Bernie's out of it, she may just endorse Biden.  Get in his good graces and be a power player should he win the presidency.

Now, we will see who has the power in the Dem party.  The moderates/establishment or the progressives.  I think we all know the answer.

Biden won't be getting the hardcore Bernie Bros.  They will never vote for anyone not Bernie.  So, they will either sit home or go third party or even vote for Trump.

Now, Biden will want to get some of non-Bernie progressives; that's why his AA veep should be someone with progressive bonafides. 

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure why Elizabeth Warren is constantly propped up as someone who can win...she doesn't win primaries.  And yet, she's a media darling, for some reason...if you paid attention to just the media and not the results of the primaries, you'd think she was a frontrunner.  She was on a Rolling Stone cover a few months back.  I really don't get it.

She gave us women some hope for having our voices heard in the future. I hope the little girls she made "pinky promises" with remember her & become smart, profusely productive women when they grow up. They're going to have to be.

Archived