Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

What the hell would a 77  year old man know about modern issues affecting 21st century families.

I'm not a big fan of Biden as President (though did vote for him as Senator once).

He's got kids and grandkids.  I'm sure he talks to them about their lives.

The flip of that argument is what does a 40 year old know about the issues facing the retirees in today's world.

If we preclude anybody from being President because they aren't facing the same challenges as "us", nobody can be President.  Just because I haven't experienced a certain person's life myself doesn't mean I can't analyze their problems and suggest reasonable solution and even more generally empathize with them.

(Realistically, this is ageism.  You are stereotyping an individual based on their age and then discriminating against that individual based solely on that stereotype.)

33 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

I'm not a big fan of Biden as President (though did vote for him as Senator once).

He's got kids and grandkids.  I'm sure he talks to them about their lives.

The flip of that argument is what does a 40 year old know about the issues facing the retirees in today's world.

If we preclude anybody from being President because they aren't facing the same challenges as "us", nobody can be President.  Just because I haven't experienced a certain person's life myself doesn't mean I can't analyze their problems and suggest reasonable solution and even more generally empathize with them.

(Realistically, this is ageism.  You are stereotyping an individual based on their age and then discriminating against that individual based solely on that stereotype.)

I actually agree with that.

With Biden, you dont need to use his age but his voting record. He has shown he does not care about the common man during the course of his tenure. Use that and not age.

59 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I actually agree with that.

With Biden, you dont need to use his age but his voting record. He has shown he does not care about the common man during the course of his tenure. Use that and not age.

he has a long history of being backed by corporate entities

this is all documented

Was watching CNN before work today and Biden apparently said yesterday that China is our friend. Kind of like how Mike Pence is a "great guy" 

https://www.axios.com/biden-china-threat-us-5f0e3fa4-4869-4038-aa0d-d3164e63f3fc.html

Former Vice President and 2020 Democratic hopeful Joe Biden on Wednesday played down growing concerns that China is on the verge of surpassing the U.S. as a dominant global economic and national security superpower, saying: "They're not competition for us."

"China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man — They can't even figure out how to deal with the fact that they have this great division between the China Sea and the mountains in the West. They cant figure out how they’re going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system. They’re not bad folks, folks … They’re not competition for us."

------------------------------

China is perhaps America's greatest competitor right now. China and Russia are growing superpowers on the World stage and we should not treat them like our friends. I'm not saying go to war with them, but we shouldn't treat them as a buddy. China constantly steals US intellectual property and is known for rampant human rights violations. 🤔

Archived