Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's some sad **** considering her policy proposals.  How much ya'll wanna bet the way she handled her NA heritage lead to this?

My opinion, the top three things I would say are:

1.  Native American Heritage issue

2.  Recently, the student loan proposal

3.  Breaking up tech companies and other companies

1 minute ago, superozman said:

My opinion, the top three things I would say are:

1.  Native American Heritage issue

2.  Recently, the student loan proposal

3.  Breaking up tech companies and other companies

Anyone proposing forgiving all student loans is pandering to the youth vote, imo, and won't get mine.  It'll never happen.

As to breaking up tech companies, there have been reasonable proposals for this ( @BenningRoadSkin started a threat on it), but it has to be very clear what that means or it just scares people off.  There's no reason Amazon should maintain control of AWS, that's a split I support.

You could say Obama applied the Biden "we are all good people who disagree" philosophy his first two years as President, in which the Dems controlled everything, and he could have been very Trumpian in his approach if he so chose.  

The difference is that the GOP have shown their cards as far as what it will be like if we go back to them controlling every branch of government. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone proposing forgiving all student loans is pandering to the youth vote, imo, and won't get mine.  It'll never happen.

As to breaking up tech companies, there have been reasonable proposals for this ( @BenningRoadSkin started a threat on it), but it has to be very clear what that means or it just scares people off.  There's no reason Amazon should maintain control of AWS, that's a split I support.

I didn't elaborate, but yes - the student loan forgiveness panders to the youth vote, 100% agree.  

I'll have to dig up the thread, thanks for sharing!

9 minutes ago, superozman said:

I didn't elaborate, but yes - the student loan forgiveness panders to the youth vote, 100% agree.  

I'll have to dig up the thread, thanks for sharing!

Loan forgiveness is not only for the youth. They might be the most affected but alot of folks 40+ still have loans. It will just get worse as the years go on. Will it be a pander to the youth vote when all the youth still have loans in their 40s, 50s, 60+?

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

Loan forgiveness is not only for the youth. They might be the most affected but alot of folks 40+ still have loans. It will just get worse as the years go on. Will it be a pander to the youth vote when all the youth still have loans in their 40s, 50s, 60+?

That's the point, and the core demographic that can mean the difference between winning the nomination or not considering how many candidates there are right now for this election.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Pandering to the youth vote as opposed to pandering to...........?  Just about every policy panders to someone/group. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I don’t even know what pandering to the youth vote means lol.

To me it means telling people what they want to hear instead of what they need to hear.  Being common doesn't make it right.

39 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If there is any validity to these polls showing Biden stupidly ahead, it is going to make his crash & burn even that more spectacular. 

Well although the insane faction has the majority it is split among a bunch of candidates giving the sane Democrats a plurality. (Think the opposite of how the Republican primaries went in 2016).🤣

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Social Security checks can be garnished for unpaid federal student loans.

The more and more I hear about how this economy keeps on breaking all the measurables makes me less and less hopeful that Trump will lose in 2020.  People are just going to forget all about how ****ty a person he is and vote their pocketbooks.

And the people who were hurt by his dumbass tax cuts were never going to vote for him in the first place.

We're ****ed people.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

The more and more I hear about how this economy keeps on breaking all the measurables makes me less and less hopeful that Trump will lose in 2020.  People are just going to forget all about how ****ty a person he is and vote their pocketbooks.

And the people who were hurt by his dumbass tax cuts were never going to vote for him in the first place.

We're ****ed people.

We are ****ed by people thinking our economy is doing good. It’s so blatantly not good. 

A nice thread on it but this tweet stood out the most to me.

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Out of touch

Biden will not make it to May of 2020.

Archived