Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Read an OPED in the WaPo this morning by a conservative pundit.  Made for a very bleak picture for any democrat running against Trump.  Basically, said that all the measurables are looking good for Trump (stock market, unemployment, innovation, etc) and that the dems can't beat that.  Even if he's on the other side and sounded like a republican cheerleader he had a compelling argument.

I think Biden can successfully take credit for this economy though.  It would be a great strategy, assuming he wins the nomination, to claim that his (Obama's) policies are what made this economy strong and not Trump's.

And ****, when will someone take on the tax plan debacle?

6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Read an OPED in the WaPo this morning by a conservative pundit.  Made for a very bleak picture for any democrat running against Trump.  Basically, said that all the measurables are looking good for Trump (stock market, unemployment, innovation, etc) and that the dems can't beat that.  Even if he's on the other side and sounded like a republican cheerleader he had a compelling argument.

Yeah Hugh Hewitt. Disappointingly has become a Trump sycophant.

I agree that DJT should currently be favored to win re-election, mainly because the economy is doing fairly well and that tends to favor the incumbent. My point is that Trump's behavior acts as a net negative towards his chances of winning reelection......not saying it will prevent him from doing so, but makes it harder on himself.

And the headline "election won't be close?"  I don't think Hewitt defined the term "not close." Is Trump going to get more electoral college votes than he did in 2016? Even if I think he will be re-elected, I think there is a good chance he loses the popular vote again, perhaps by a winder margin than 2016. That is going to be a bad look, IMO. 

Biden is the definition of establishment. In 2019 the last thing modernist Democrats want is another out of touch old school Democrat that has no idea how to work the internet or has no idea what net neutrality is. 

We have been through that mistake once before with Hillary. Hillary was a pretty bad candidate for the Democrats. I will say this though Biden could at least have a chance in the battleground states in the manufacturing belt. You know, the states Hillary ignored. 

Archived