Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Honestly, part of me wishes he'd actually pulled that ludicrous stunt because of the sheer amount of ridicule he would have received for it. It would have been a never ending meme for the rest of time. 

if only he would have done a Willy Wonka roll down the stairs to reveal the Superman shirt

Pin on Movie stuff

the only thing that could have possibly topped this was when Gov Northam nearly moonwalked at his black face press conference before his wife took that glorious moment from us....I still feel so cheated

If people wonder why McConnell not allowing Obama to fill court vacancies in his final two  years was such a huge thing, we are seeing the ramifications now, which such ludicrous rulings allowing drop boxes to be removed.   Who in their right mind would allow this in an election year where record numbers plan to vote by mail. If Biden wins, but McConnell also survives his race.....ugh.

Nurse who spoke at RNC arrested for shooting woman in the stomach

Amy Ford claims she shot the woman in self-defense

Amy Ford, a West Virginia nurse who spoke at this year’s Republican National Convention, was arrested on Saturday after shooting a woman in the stomach in her hometown.

Ford, 39, who was identified as Amy Thorn in the court filing, was charged with malicious or unlawful assault after shooting a woman in her abdomen in Williamson, West Virginia. The victim has been identified by WSAZ -TV as Jonda Whitt.

Ford also goes by Amy Johnson, the local news outlet reports.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-spoke-rnc-arrested-shooting-124612077.html

15 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Meh, Ive received at least 15 texts and emails from the Biden campaign in the last 48 hours. 

I got a solicitation from the RNC for money so that Trump can “Keep America Great.”  

I sent them an envelope of used coffee grounds. 

I'm not sure I'd spend a ton more time in Ohio if I was the Biden campaign. Also, Biden/Harris need to have a better answer on packing the courts question, which is a bs question but here is what the answer should be: "For every seat that Mitch McConnell held open during the Obama presidency, we will add and fill those seats in a Biden administration. "

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm not sure I'd spend a ton more time in Ohio if I was the Biden campaign. Also, Biden/Harris need to have a better answer on packing the courts question, which is a bs question but here is what the answer should be: "For every seat that Mitch McConnell held open during the Obama presidency, we will add and fill those seats in a Biden administration. "

I would go with “the GOP and Mitch McConnell are the ones packing the court with their refusal to give Merrick Garland a hearing for more than a year before an election and now forcing through a nominee in record time less than one month from an election.  So we’ll see what they do and we’ll respond as we feel is appropriate to reflect the will of the American people.”

For over a 100 years since since the civil war, the Senate has, without fail, confirmed Supreme Court Justices nominated by the sitting President during election years.  Five times by president of the same party.  Three times by president of the opposite party.  In 2016, Mitch McConnell and the Republican senators broke that long standing tradition for a naked and blatant power grab and now shows their true colors by affirming that the McConnell rule that blocked Judge Garland's nomination is only applicable if it suits them.  If we need to revert to adjusting the structure of the federal judiciary, a routine practice during the early days of fhe Republic, to correct this wrong, we will do so.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would go with “the GOP and Mitch McConnell are the ones packing the court with their refusal to give Merrick Garland a hearing for more than a year before an election and now forcing through a nominee in record time less than one month from an election.  So we’ll see what they do and we’ll respond as we feel is appropriate to reflect the will of the American people.”

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

For over a 100 years since since the civil war, the Senate has, without fail, confirmed Supreme Court Justices nominated by the sitting President during election years.  Five times by president of the same party.  Three times by president of the opposite party.  In 2016, Mitch McConnell and the Republican senators broke that long standing tradition for a naked and blatant power grab and now shows their true colors by affirming that the McConnell rule that blocked Judge Garland's nomination is only applicable if it suits them.  If we need to revert to adjusting the structure of the federal judiciary, a routine practice during the early days of fhe Republic, to correct this wrong, we will do so.

Both are very solid. How about...

“The GOP led by Mitch McConnell packed the courts for years with their refusal to give Merrick Garland and when they refused to fill judicial seats at different federal levels when President Obama was in office. Furthermore, they are now forcing through a nominee in record time less than one month from an election.   If we need to revert to adjusting the structure of the federal judiciary, a routine practice during the early days of the Republic, to correct this wrong, we will do so."

Archived