Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

11 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Given what happened on Tuesday the remaining debates might be a similar train-wreck.

How about we put Kanye on the stage to serve as a ‘moderating’ influence. :ols:

Only if you bring in Taylor Swift to both confuse Kanye and give her a chance to shut him down. 

59 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

Meanwhile in Texas...

FYI is some don't know, Harris County is Houston. Here is your serving of Voter Suppression. Texas R's are really afraid.

Thank you for posting this. I am beyond ****ing pissed now. My wife and I have been waiting for our ballot to come by mail. We were going to drop it at one of the offices in Harris. I have felt like this government has been abusing me the last several years. I know many Americans feel the same way. But, for some reason this feels like it is a specific attack on me, even though it's an attack on Americans. I was going to vote straight Democrat this year, which I have never done, but this secures where my votes are going in the future. **** the Republican Party.

I have lost some friends over this and some family members, which include my best friend and my mother. **** these mouth breathing ****ing meat bags!!!!! If you are reading this and laughing or are supporting this **** in any manner, **** you!!! Yeah, you, you ****ing turd munching read only piece of ****!!!

On election day in Williamson County TX, there is only one drop off place for mail in ballots, the election HQ. However, I am going to take my unmarked mail in ballot with me during early voting and turn it in for a regular ballot, then vote. I will take precautions against Covid and I will vote in person. This election is too important. 

I also going to vote during the original early voting period. Republicans are suing to not count the first week of early voting because the governor extended it, not the legislature. I don't think this suit has been decided yet. I'm not taking any chances.

23 minutes ago, visionary said:

Arrest anyone involved.

Stuff like this and what's happening in Texas today are way more important than the polls to me. Yeah, we know there are more votes for democrats than republicans, thats been the case for a while. That doesn't matter if Trump/GOP are doing everything they can to get rid of votes

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

To be fair, how big was early voting before 2018?  I don't think I even knew it existed.  (In person voting, I mean, not mail in)

Yea that has to skew the numbers. But let’s hope much of this is because blacks are motivated to vote this time around. They are much more a part of Biden’s base than Hilldogs.... So here is hoping

The rules on when absentee ballot can be counted vary by state but in a number of the swing states it is possible that they could be processed, counted and the results made available at a similar time to the votes cast on Election Day.

State-by-state rules are listed here: https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-16-when-absentee-mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Texas counts mail in ballots when received and certified that day. They don't wait until election day to count them. At least in my county.

I see that a number of States ‘process’ ballots early such as checking the ballot is valid, but a number of those do not count ‘processed’ ballots until polls close. PA is allowed to start counting at 7am on Election Day, but the results can’t be published until after polls closed.

But hopefully it means that a significant number of absentee ballots can be counted along with the votes cast on Election Day so that we don’t see one candidate take a significant lead that is unrepresentative of the votes cast, and try to stop the count of all votes.

12 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I think the same poll back in August had Trump leading Biden by like 9-10 points, so relatively speaking those numbers are a positive.

Big positive.  A one percent deficit in SOUTH CAROLINA suggests to me that EVEN places where the rot is deep can be saved.  It also suggests that a landslide for Biden is within reach, which I think in the end is going to be necessary if we're gonna have any chance of Trump voluntarily conceding defeat. 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Polls being where they are could swing 4-5 pts toward trump before Election Day. At this point that is what has to happen for him to even sneak out a close victory. But they could also swing the other way too and if they do, holy cow it’s a blowout 

Momentum is a big thing at this point. When reliable Republican voters start talking about voting for Biden, start talking amongst themselves about it... this thing could break toward Dems in a big way very quickly. 

Archived