Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Like I said **** Jason Taylor (M.E.T)

joeken24

54 minutes ago, zoony said:

His time here clearly bothered him you can tell, he is still talking about it.  He sucked ass and hit a wall, he knows it.

That said I am glad he said something.  Hope it stings, Dan.  Maybe take it as a lesson about running the org.

Or maybe it is a lesson already learned.

Jason Taylor was a long time ago.

I think Kurt Warners story is actually one of the better stories in NFL history. That greatest show on turf was amazing to watch too and changed the game, I'm glad he got in. 

I forgot Jason Taylor even played for us honestly. I hadnt heard his name in a real long time until the HoF nominations. I was also hoping as soon as Jerruhs speech was over we'd see breaking news that Mara's committee suspended Zeke for week 1 against the Giants.

This is why Jason Taylor is in the Hall of Fame.  Only one player near him in sacks isn't in the Hall - that being Leslie O'Neal.  He didn't play poorly on purpose when he was on the Skins, it just wasn't a good scheme for his abilities.  And he didn't disrespect the Skins in any way during his speech.

All-Time Sack Leaders with Non-Eligible Players Removed (+ indicates HOF)

Bruce Smith+      200.0    1985-2003
Reggie White+     198.0    1985-2000
Kevin Greene+     160.0    1985-1999
Chris Doleman+    150.5    1985-1999
Michael Strahan+  141.5    1993-2007
Jason Taylor+     139.5    1997-2011
Richard Dent+     137.5    1983-1997
John Randle+      137.5    1990-2003
Leslie O'Neal     132.5    1986-1999
Lawrence Taylor+  132.5    1981-1993
Rickey Jackson+   128.0    1981-1995
Derrick Thomas+   126.5    1989-1999

Taylor getting in has nothing to do with Jacoby not getting in.  Jacoby isn't in because: (1) there is no overriding objective metric for OL and (2) the subjective metrics - 4 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pro First Teams - don't play in Jacoby's favor.  There are a lot of OLs with more than 2 AP1s and a lot of OLs with 2 AP1s that have more PBs.  

The biggest thing in his favor is the 80's All-Decade Team - it's hard to argue that someone could be the best player in a decade but not one of the best of all-time.  The three SB rings are nice, but the majority of the HOF voters are connected to constituencies without multiple SB wins and they are constantly trying to fight the urge to over-represent the dynasties in order to get in players whose individual accomplishments are overlooked. I think they see Grimm as representing the Hogs.  If it makes anyone feel better, and it won't, Bob Kuechenberg has been nominated 8 times and never made it to the semi-finals.

6 hours ago, scruffylookin said:

Just read what he said and what the **** are you whining about?

He made a self deprecating joke about how he "stole" money because he didn't feel he earned his contract due to his injuries/play his one year here. 

Oh and please get your history straight, he didn't sign some fat contract to come here. He was traded here in a panic move when we had an injury during training camp. Just like we did in 2006 for TJ Duckett. 

Taylor played on his existing contract that he had in Miami. 

In reading his comments he actually thanked Snyder for being nice to him at a party the night prior. He didn't have to do that. 

Sounds to me you had an agenda against the HOF and/or Jason Taylor from the get go and are looking for anything to use as an excuse to whine. 

Oh and to to all those who whine about Taylor getting in and how he's not deserving especially ahead of Jacoby. Guess what? Loads of people feel the opposite. It's all opinion. 

Instead of of tearing down a deserving player like Taylor, try focusing building up Jacoby (who likely will get in soon imo).

I went back and watched the video myself and seems like you were right. He said he was just being honesty and he thanked Dan Snyder for being good to his family. I will try to be quicker to listen and understand and hesitant to judge.

This is the silliest **** to be outraged over 

it was a joke at his own expense 

yes, this fanbase is broken 

And some are saying he doesn't deserve the Hall? Lol

more credence to the theory that most fans don't watch the sport outside of their own team's bubble 

he was hurt most of 2008 with that calf injury that nearly cost him the use of leg. 

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Any relation?

Lol Cmon now ur just making fun now..it's cool though I've got a sense of humor too..and that's not being  sarcastic..if you notice the region I'm from there's no possible chance of being related..to either Jason or Sean..I noticed Pete at training camp the other day...sure would love to meet that family..

2 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Maybe 139.5 sacks is a starting point?

Ya I just seen that list of top leading sackers ..I'd say ur spot on.. I should know better of how productive he was my best friend is a dolphins fan huge Dolphins fan he always hated him though I don't know... I do know being in a list of players like that over I believe that list was since the beginning of football but anyway to be on that list I would say is Hall of Fame Worthy congrats to J Taylor... as far as why none of the other Redskins players Jacoby being one not being inducted is a head scratcher but that's why I'm just a potato and taxi cab driver and not in the Hall of Fame committee.

<staff edit of political content---temp ban>  Hear speech, misrepresent speech by cherry picking select parts putting them in writing completely eliminating the context  as a click bait headline. People see click bait headline, click headline, skip the article or in this case skip his speech and head right on down to the comments or forum of choice to post their outrage. 

Like Brave said, Taylor almost had his leg cutoff that year and was poking fun at himself, not us. The guy was a beast that ran wild on quarterbacks everywhere. It's not his fault our idiot front office hit the panic button trading for him and then he got a legitimate injury. It's not like he Haynesworthed us and failed his swim test on purpose.

Archived