Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TV Shows you want revived with additional seasons; or sequel series with most or parts of cast?

88Comrade2000

The big new trend out there is to revive classic TV series with additional Seasons; or have a sequel series with most or parts of the cast.

Some shows that have gotten the revival:

Arrested Development - Got a 4th season in 2013 and expects a 5th Season in 2018

Curb Your Enthusiasm- returning with a 9th season in October.

24: Live Another Day- Basically,  season 9 to the original show. **

Gilmore Girls- This year you got 4, 90 minute movies

Fuller House- sort of sequel to the original series but did include the original cast except the Olsen twins.

Prison Break - just aired a 9 episode sequel series

Rosanne- is coming back next spring

Twin Peaks- 3rd Season currently airing now

Will & Grace -  Coming next year and they already got a second season.

The X- Files - 6 episode Series 10 aired in 2016, Series 11 airs in 2018.

Boy Meets World got a sequel Girls Meets World that just ended, it focused on Cory & Topanga.

** Note: 24:Legacy doesn't count since it had no Jack Bauer.

So, my question is; what show would you like to see revived with additional seasons; or sequel series with most or part of the cast?

I'll have to think on my own question.  While it's nice to see your favs with additional seasons, its kind of pathetic that they can no longer come up with something new and original.  So, they dip into the past. 

What I would prefer would be something close to what they are doing with Arrested Development and Twin Peaks.   Those shows only aired 3, 2 seasons respectively and then got canceled.   I would like to see shows that had 1,2 or 3 season runs be given more chances vs  shows that got a nice 5 or greater season run.

Firefly and 4400 were my choices, although I am not sure what they'd do with Firefly after the Serenity movie.

Alphas would be another.

Sarah Connor series was better than any of the later Terminator movies, although Lena Headey is obviously too busy w/GoT and now maybe a touch too old.

5 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

If Gandolfini was still alive I'd like to see the Sopranos come back with an update.

Wouldn't be the same without him, but it would be an interesting angle to have Paulie take the reins and what his leadership would look like.   I say Paulie because last we heard Silvio was still in a coma, and we saw what his leadership was like before.  And there's no other obvious canidate, though a battle for boss would make for a good plot device

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Wouldn't be the same without him, but it would be an interesting angle to have Paulie take the reins and what his leadership would look like.   I say Paulie because last we heard Silvio was still in a coma, and we saw what his leadership was like before.  And there's no other obvious canidate, though a battle for boss would make for a good plot device

Shortly to be played out on General Hospital.  Yep, more mob stuff upcoming.  Sonny wants out, and we all know there's no "out". 

Just sayin'...if you want mob drama, it's on daytime TV.:D

19 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Shortly to be played out on General Hospital.  Yep, more mob stuff upcoming.  Sonny wants out, and we all know there's no "out". 

Just sayin'...if you want mob drama, it's on daytime TV.:D

The Sopranos could definitely qualify as a soap opera, but it was also more than that.   It also wasn't your typically soap

Just now, DCSaints_fan said:

The Sopranos could definitely qualify as a soap opera, but it was also more than that.   It also wasn't your typically soap

And it won't come back.  So switch to GH.  Or keep watching the White House, same difference. <Belay my last if I went OT, but............same difference.>:ols:

Archived