Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Bura is doing nothing out there.  Wouldn't really care if he sat game 5.

Eller needs to be demoted and have his ice time cut significantly, if for no other reason than to send a message.

Get Backy on the 2nd line.

I dunno what else beyond that, besides yelling at them to shoot the dang puck when they're on the PP.  They had so many shots that game but so few on the many PPs they had.

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

Almost 2 minutes of zone time with the extra attacker and way too much passing. 

Also, Lars Eller is responsible for losing these last 2 games. Plain and simple. His stupid penalties gave the Lightning too many goals and tonight, it completely lost the game. 

I think Kempney has been far worse

welp, lets talk good news.

1) they didnt play bad, they just about doubled their shots on goal. just need to finish, obviously

2) the series is tied even after losing 2 in a row. still in ok shape

they absolutely have to do something about their PK though. no way they can win this series with the current PK. we just KNOW its a goal when theres a penalty on us

I don't care if Tampa had 113 points that was an unacceptable loss. Handed them the free goal early and then pissed away gift PP after gift PP. Series isn't over or anything but this PK is an embarrassment, by the time they even kind've adjusted to stop Stamkos the damage was done.

You cannot let him score the exact same way four games in a row, do your ****ing job Barry. That is not on the players that is on the scheme.

On the positive side, the Capitals are still much better 5 on 5 but if #8 is going to continue blowing tap ins we have a problem because nobody else on this roster can be relied upon other than #92.

Burakovsky is AWFUL. He cannot have a sweater anymore. Expect him benched Game 5.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

Bura is doing nothing out there.  Wouldn't really care if he sat game 5.

i was thinking earlier in the game that they lost a little bit of something when he came back. would almost rather one of those younger players come back and take his role again

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Caps keep playing like that, they will win. They almost tied it up. Missed a few chances at the end.

I’d love to believe this.  But ive been a dc sports fan my whole life.  And the last 3 decades say you’re wrong

dc teams ALWAYS play like this and lose.  Always 

Totally agree with you guys on Bura. He is so weak on the puck when battling along the boards. He’s great in space because of his speed but you ain’t getting that in the playoffs. 

Well, i wish I had confidence that we will keep the trend going on Saturday night of the road team winning every game this series...but i just don’t. we NEEDED to have at least 1 of these two games at home. This gives Tampa Bay all the confidence AND momentum going back to Tampa. I fear They’ll win in 7. 

3 minutes ago, zoony said:

I think Kempney has been far worse

He was awful in the first period with a few giveaways, not just the one on the goal but a couple of more. And getting beat to give up pressure. He seemed to settle down after that. Eller was bad both games and an awful penalty late that led to the deciding goal. It's not just those two who played poorly, but those two were directly responsible for all 3 goals tonight.   

Both teams have been great on the road. Pretty amazing. 

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

If Holtby just stays put on the final goal instead of coming out to challenge then it is an easy save.  He opened up his leg instead of just staying with his knees together

It’s tough to stay deep as a goalie. The problem for me on it was if you go down with your stick, you can’t let a puck get underneath 

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

i was thinking earlier in the game that they lost a little bit of something when he came back. would almost rather one of those younger players come back and take his role again

He just isn't doing anything that some callup from Hershey couldn't do.  He carries the puck when he has space, but the second someone gets close to him, he gets overwhelmed.  He gets bowled over along the boards and either loses the puck or manages to push it around the boards to another Caps player.  He's never moving it across the middle to make a potentially good shot, nor does he really shoot the puck much.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, i wish I had confidence that we will keep the trend going on Saturday night of the road team winning every game this series...but i just don’t. we NEEDED to have at least 1 of these two games at home. This gives Tampa Bay all the confidence AND momentum going back to Tampa. I fear They’ll win in 7. 

As long as Capitals lead or the series is tied there is some hope

If Tampa gets the series lead then it's slipping away

Archived