Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

I read the National Review piece as I was curious what their litmus test would be, because if it was the ability to pass a basic civics and facts test, they'd essentially be writing an op-ed saying "We don't want Republicans to ever win an election again."

But, like most things in the National Review, it was basically just a very long winded way of saying "Whatever the Republican party is trying to do right now is correct." They were simply trying to push voter ID for the most part.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

These people were actually dumb enough to fall for the [UNCHECK THIS BOX IF YOU ARE A FILTHY COMMUNIST *Checking box agrees to be signed up for monthly bill of the amount we decideplay and a fair amount really think that black people are less intelligent because, genetics. Lmao  Ha ****ing ha lololol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

These people were actually dumb enough to fall for the [UNCHECK THIS BOX IF YOU ARE A FILTHY COMMUNIST *Checking box agrees to be signed up for monthly bill of the amount we decideplay and a fair amount really think that black people are less intelligent because, genetics. Lmao  Ha ****ing ha lololol

It reminds me of those idiotic pop-ups on some websites that make you click on something that says "No thanks, I hate free stuff and don't want this awesome free stuff. I'm also too stupid and ugly to accept free stuff and be successful in life." in order to close the pop-up.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

A baby is born in the US every 8 seconds or so.  So figure 7 to 8 babies per minute.  The phrase "A sucker born every minute" is off by at least a factor of 3. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ah, but it didn't say only one sucker is born every minute lol...

Well then what it should say is "For each minute there are a finite countable set of children born in the US, the subset of which that forms a non-zero intersection with the the super set of "Suckers" has a cardinality not less than one"

My god...what has this word come to when you can't even get a modicum of mathematical accuracy in your colloquialisms

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Well then what it should say is "For each minute there are a finite countable set of children born in the US, the subset of which that forms a non-zero intersection with the the super set of "Suckers" has a cardinality not less than one"

My god...what has this word come to when you can't even get a modicum of mathematical accuracy in your colloquialisms

Yeah, but it doesn't look as good on a t-shirt...

PM copy.png

• Haha 11
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Probably the least terrible thing he's done this month. 

Clearly that was old video (he's not sporting the serial killer beard).  But I imagine he's done lots of more terrible things in the intervening years since that video came out.

Tom Cotton Scorched For Tweet Claiming U.S. Has An 'Under-Incarceration Problem'

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) was harshly criticized Tuesday for claiming the U.S. has a “major under-incarceration problem,” despite the country’s alarmingly large prison population and world-leading rate of imprisonment. 

“We have a major under-incarceration problem in America. And it’s only getting worse,” tweeted Cotton, citing a CNN article about rising crime in major U.S. cities throughout 2020. The article explores a 33% increase in homicides last year, which could be attributable to any number of combined factors, including the deadly global pandemic, a devastated economy, high unemployment, entrenched poverty, civil unrest, changes in policing and distrust of police, rising homelessness and surging gun sales.

But according to Cotton, the solution to all that is putting more people in jail. His idea angered critics, many of whom pointed to better uses of resources to reduce crime and cultivate healthy communities, and noted America’s problematic incarceration statistics.

America has the world’s highest incarceration rate, far ahead of other industrialized nations. In 2020, that metric stood at 655 prisoners per 100,000 people. The U.S. is followed by El Salvador, Turkmenistan and Thailand.

America’s high incarceration rates have also disproportionately affected minority populations. Black Americans are significantly over-represented in prison based on population. Latinx Americans also make up larger shares of the prison population compared with the U.S. population as a whole.

His latest comments sparked immediate backlash online.

Click on the link for the full article

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Cotton knows the only ones actually listening to him are the infected that parrot whatever sounds they hear without any attempt at understanding what those noises mean, so he doesn't care.

• Like 1