Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

And those "questions" from Mike Lee and Tom Cotton in this same twitter thread...

It would really save us all a ton of time if we could simply replace every Republican senator's laborious tap dancing questions with "I'd just like to state for the record that I can't stand uppity black women. Thank you."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

You fix the gop by implementing ranked voting and making it easier for people to put the extremes at the bottom of the list and select more rational reasonable moderate people. 

i think progressives would hate it because I think it would hurt them too. 

but when the extremes stop getting votes just because they’re not that other party, that ‘voice’ will lose significant power over the parties and more moderate and levelheaded people will take more control 

• Like 4

Jim Jordan Told to ‘Shut Your Mouth’ After Ranting Endlessly at Fauci

During a meeting of the House Coronavirus Crisis Subcommittee on Thursday, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) had to intervene in a shouting match between Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Dr. Anthony Fauci by telling Jordan to “shut your mouth.” Jordan ranted at Fauci for several minutes, demanding the doc provide definite answers on when the pandemic will end, when public health mandates will be lifted, and when Americans will have their “liberties” back. “You’re indicating liberty and freedom. I look at it as a public health measure to prevent people from dying and going to hospital,” Fauci said, adding that life will return to normal when people get vaccinated.

Click on the link for more

• Like 2

I was just thinking how scary it is to watch a group that seems to wish for a return of Nazi power.  It's scary to me when I think of how much of Naziism's rise before WWII was fueled by economic grievences that could apply to the U.S. populace today.  THe Nazi party didn't have a majority backing it in Germany when they took power there.  Thus, I don't want to overlook the similar activities and expressed thoughts from a minority here in the U.S. today. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gbear said:

I was just thinking how scary it is to watch a group that seems to wish for a return of Nazi power.  It's scary to me when I think of how much of Naziism's rise before WWII was fueled by economic grievences that could apply to the U.S. populace today.  THe Nazi party didn't have a majority backing it in Germany when they took power there.  Thus, I don't want to overlook the similar activities and expressed thoughts from a minority here in the U.S. today. 

No kidding. It's insane. So much of that stuff from the tweets posted above could have been straight out of 1930s Germany. "Weeding out" groups and immigrants? Questions about "dual loyalty"? Focus on "Anglo-Saxon" traditions and culture? Things that "befit the progeny of European architecture"?

For ****'s sake just say it: you want whites of European descent to be at the top of our society.

Seems like every day they're pushing the limits more and more. And nothing happens to them. Can you imagine if a major figure or group in a mainstream political party had put this sort of crap out there 20 years ago? They would have been condemned and ostracized. That's the sort of language David Duke used in his political runs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, China said:

They've learned since then. That's why they don't get super specific when singling out groups who are the enemy now. You make it a more vague and nebulous "others" or "outsiders" so people can make their own general interpretations. Then, either way, they see the person saying it as someone who wants what they want and hates the same people they do. That's why they stop at saying "real Americans" and never go further than that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1