Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Ah.  The "I had no idea what the actual platform was of the organization which I proudly announced that I was a member of" defense.  

Let me guess.  You wanted to collude when them.  But when they actually showed up at the meeting, they wanted to talk about adoption?  

• Haha 5

:ols:

Republican Congress members form what is essentially a white power caucus and then blame the liberal media for reporting on it. Then bravely claim they had no clue about the thing they were defending earlier once they're forced to shut it down.

On the upside...we may have our first real-world example of a bootstrap paradox where information in a time loop has no discernible origin. I recommend we get the original caucus proposal to MIT post-haste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Typical Trumper.

"The big problem isn't me proposing a blatantly white nationalist group, the big problem is that you're reporting on it."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Y'all know the KKKaukus didn't go away, it just went back under cover.

Funny how whenever they say the quiet parts out loud there is the instantaneous flinch to walk it back away from cameras and mics. Personally I was looking forward to them expanding further on the topic. I figured when they said "Anglo Saxon architecture" they were talking about this...

Arbeit Macht Frei Sign at Entrance of Auschwitz I

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Admiring the use of the term "grassroots".  I'm pretty sure the term "Astroturf" is a better fit.  

Although it's not completely false, either.  I certainly assume (hope?) that a good chunk of the GOP leadership would love to dump the insane, insurrectionist, openly racist movements in the Party, and do a reset back to the "W level" dishonesty and evil.  But they're trapped in a bus with the psychotics, and they don't dare say so out loud.  

• Like 4
On 4/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, LD0506 said:

I know it all seems shocking but it really shouldn't. There has been this long continuous strain of slaver mentality running through the mix since before the country's inception. A lot of it has been forced to the surface and into the light as a reaction to the 60's, civil rights, women's rights, and it actually makes more sense when you sit back smoke several hefty bonghits and look at the big picture. The "ruling class" (no really, that's how they see and refer to themselves) wasn't about to let women or blacks climb the ladder and start tellin white guys what to do no matter what their credentials or qualifications. This is precisely when you see all the industries being outsourced and off-shored. We'll take our ball and go home!

Their reflexes are exactly the same as when they "discovered" America and set to cleaning out those pesky savages.

But the equation has changed, radically changed in the last couple of decades and they are unable to adapt to that, so they double down on the same ole **** they've always done. You have to understand that they really can't help themselves, they are still running on their original Asshole 1.0 software. It's coming to a head now because it's finally sinking in that they are not about to lose, they already have. We don't want to take your stuff, we're building new and better stuff for ourselves. We look at you and pretty much all we get from that is "Don't be that guy!". New jobs, new industries and opportunities are being made that really don't give a rat's ass about coal or Rhode Island yacht clubs or exclusive clubs or any of the other frippery they squandered their ill booten gotty on. And they're freekin out, they just beginning to understand that their fortune in Confederate money has become lousy toilet paper.

A new paradigm, a new reality is being born and the old one doesn't want to move outta the way? Tough **** 

Hang in there, pace yourself, the next couple decades are going be the insaniest ever and if you survive it, you're gonna want some good shoes to dance on their graves. Me? I'm already too old and I don't dance so I won't be at the party but I am enjoying every bit of watching them cut themselves and bleed now, wrapping in the most lush schadenfreude imaginable.

When the time comes, do a better job with your chance.

I'll be 37 in a month, I'm black and I was born and raised in a little town called Nokesville, Va. There wasn't much going on in Nokesville when I was growing up, not a lot of black people around either. I think (including myself) there were maybe four black kids in my graduating class of about 130 kids. Fast forward to now and Nokesville is a growing community that is getting more diversified by the day, I like to lurk on the community facebook group and see how the community is feeling. They're afraid. They're afraid of more houses being built, more people coming in, more stores being built and more liberals "pushing" their agenda on them.

Now, as someone who used to live in Nokesville, I understand that they want to keep their small town feel. However, that small town "feel" goes hand and hand with racism, bigotry and intolerance. I'd rather see Nokesville, as a small town, die and become a place where everyone belongs and if YOU don't like it...well...you can get the **** out. I've said this before: diversity kills racism. In order to bring diversity to these small, podunk towns, you need to bring in jobs that would also bring in diversity. Instead of building these Microsoft/Google/Amazon HQ in a place like Atlanta, pick a **** kicker town nearby. In one generation, that town will be a sprawling, successful blue city.

• Like 12
7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

They're afraid. They're afraid of more houses being built, more people coming in, more stores being built and more liberals "pushing" their agenda on them.

I’m in the small town of Harpers Ferry in Jefferson County, WV and it’s always been a place where people from MD and VA relocate, for affordable housing with land.  I actually live on the mountain side, which is even more rural.   I moved here from MD when I was 12, so my single mother could afford to give me a better life.  I kicked and screamed - couldn’t fathom not having cable TV, walking a mile uphill to the bus stop, rednecks, etc.  I bought my first and current home in the same neighborhood I couldn’t fathom moving to almost 30 years ago.  We have no HOA, river and pool access, my mortgage is less than a grand, and we can be to DC in an hour.  It’s a great place to raise a family.

That said, it’s been ridiculous the past few years with the amount of newbies moving in.  Every home that gets listed here, has dozens of potential buyers there immediately and goes for above list within a day or two.  Always someone from out of state doing the buying.  Within weeks of moving in, they are in the neighborhood Facebook page complaining about stuff they would have seen driving in to look at the property or reasons people move here in general (ok to drive atvs and utvs).  They want the affordability but long for the cookie cutter suburban life they left...and folks here just aren’t having it.  It has nothing to do with race or politics.  It’s out of towners trying turn this place into what they left.  I think that’s what really scares people.  I’m sure politics have something to do with it, but from my perspective - a leaning liberal in a more conservative area, I share many of the same feelings about the growth and all that goes into that.  Not because of our new neighbors race, religion or political party - but because they move to a slow, laid back area and try to change it “for the better” - when better is a very subjective term.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Marjorie Taylor Greene to introduce resolution to expel Maxine Waters

GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) announced on Sunday that she plans to introduce a resolution to expel Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) from Congress.

Greene in a statement on Sunday said that she will "be introducing a resolution to expel Rep. Maxine Waters from Congress for her continual incitement of violence."

The Republican lawmaker specifically targeted Waters for speaking to protesters at a demonstration in Brooklyn Center, Minn., on Saturday. Protests broke out in the city last week after police fatally shot 20-year-old Daunte Wright during a traffic stop on April 11. 

Waters told reporters on Saturday that she is "going to fight with all of the people who stand for justice," adding, "We’ve got to get justice in this country, and we cannot allow these killings to continue," Fox News reported.

The killing of Daunte Wright comes as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is on trial on murder charges in the death of George Floyd last year. Floyd died after Chauvin knelt on his neck for several minutes during an arrest.

Asked about Chauvin’s trial, Waters told reporters that if Chauvin is not found guilty, "we've got to stay on the street, and we've got to get more active. We've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," according to Fox News, in addition to making other comments on the trial and police brutality in the U.S.

Greene on Sunday claimed that Waters’s comments “led to more violence and a drive by shooting on National Guardsmen in Minnesota early this morning.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, China said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene to introduce resolution to expel Maxine Waters

GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) announced on Sunday that she plans to introduce a resolution to expel Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) from Congress.

Greene in a statement on Sunday said that she will "be introducing a resolution to expel Rep. Maxine Waters from Congress for her continual incitement of violence."

The Republican lawmaker specifically targeted Waters for speaking to protesters at a demonstration in Brooklyn Center, Minn., on Saturday. Protests broke out in the city last week after police fatally shot 20-year-old Daunte Wright during a traffic stop on April 11. 

Waters told reporters on Saturday that she is "going to fight with all of the people who stand for justice," adding, "We’ve got to get justice in this country, and we cannot allow these killings to continue," Fox News reported.

The killing of Daunte Wright comes as former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is on trial on murder charges in the death of George Floyd last year. Floyd died after Chauvin knelt on his neck for several minutes during an arrest.

Asked about Chauvin’s trial, Waters told reporters that if Chauvin is not found guilty, "we've got to stay on the street, and we've got to get more active. We've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," according to Fox News, in addition to making other comments on the trial and police brutality in the U.S.

Greene on Sunday claimed that Waters’s comments “led to more violence and a drive by shooting on National Guardsmen in Minnesota early this morning.”

Click on the link for the full article

It would be nice if anyone from any side who wants to go to this level, should have to be sworn in under oath to present their facts of why someone should be expelled. If they have the goods and details to prove it. That shouldn't be an issue. But going out there an just doing **** to make a show out of it should come with a cost if you're lying and that can be proven. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

It would be nice if anyone from any side who wants to go to this level, should have to be sworn in under oath to present their facts of why someone should be expelled. If they have the goods and details to prove it. That shouldn't be an issue. But going out there an just doing **** to make a show out of it should come with a cost if you're lying and that can be proven. 

No kidding. That's one problem in general with actively spreading disinformation nowadays: there are absolutely no consequences. The worst that can really happen is you get kicked off of twitter. There should be some sort of accountability, especially if the people doing it are elected officials. I just don't know what form it would take. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m in the small town of Harpers Ferry in Jefferson County, WV and it’s always been a place where people from MD and VA relocate, for affordable housing with land.  I actually live on the mountain side, which is even more rural.   I moved here from MD when I was 12, so my single mother could afford to give me a better life.  I kicked and screamed - couldn’t fathom not having cable TV, walking a mile uphill to the bus stop, rednecks, etc.  I bought my first and current home in the same neighborhood I couldn’t fathom moving to almost 30 years ago.  We have no HOA, river and pool access, my mortgage is less than a grand, and we can be to DC in an hour.  It’s a great place to raise a family.

Tbf, Jeff Co did allow Rockwool to come in and poison the water and air..for a few extra bucks and jobs, right? Which a damn shame since there is a lot of pretty area up that way. 

Edited by The Evil Genius