Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

It's pretty ****in hilarious that for years the Q and maga idiots have been waiting on this Emergency Broadcast System to be used to tell everyone that the storm is here and the martial law was in place and Trump was being moved to an underground bunker somewhere for safety while the traitors were arrested etc and now it's finally used and it's Biden using it for the vaccine notificationĀ that they don't even believe inĀ 

• Haha 10

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ā 

Tbf, Jeff Co did allow Rockwool to come in and poisonĀ theĀ waterĀ and air..for a few extra bucks and jobs,Ā right? Which a damn shame since there is a lot of pretty area up that way.Ā 

Yes, they basically sold out all the poor folks that live out that way, including the elementary school right across the street.Ā  The juice is absolutely not worth the squeeze.Ā Ā Rockwool isn't solely a partisan issue though.Ā  Sure, a lot of the folks fighting it happen to be liberals - but I know plenty of conservative neighbors that also don't like it a bit.Ā  The amount of job creation, particularly with the higher paying jobs not being hired from here, is just not worth it.Ā  However, the school board dumping our tax dollars into suing, which is too little too late - has turned it into more of a partisan issue.Ā  And honestly, I don't entirely disagree that it's a waste of taxpayer money.Ā  At this point, we just have to accept Rockwool for what it is, watch them like a hawk, and let it serve as a lesson - that backdoor deals like this can't happen again or there will be hell to pay.

Ā 

I don't trust the Jefferson County local government, no matter who is in charge - dems or republicans.Ā  It's been the good ole boy network ever since I've lived here.Ā  They sold out to Wal Mart back when I was in high school, giving them a 20 year no competition clause.Ā  Meanwhile, Martinsburg has been getting every possible retailer they can get in Berkeley County.Ā  Considering the AGI in Jefferson County against the rest of the state, it's almost unbelievable how much we don't have in comparison to our garbage neighbor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yes, they basically sold out all the poor folks that live out that way, including the elementary school right across the street.Ā  The juice is absolutely not worth the squeeze.Ā Ā Rockwool isn't solely a partisan issue though.Ā  Sure, a lot of the folks fighting it happen to be liberals - but I know plenty of conservative neighbors that also don't like it a bit.Ā  The amount of job creation, particularly with the higher paying jobs not being hired from here, is just not worth it.Ā  However, the school board dumping our tax dollars into suing, which is too little too late - has turned it into more of a partisan issue.Ā  And honestly, I don't entirely disagree that it's a waste of taxpayer money.Ā  At this point, we just have to accept Rockwool for what it is, watch them like a hawk, and let it serve as a lesson - that backdoor deals like this can't happen again or there will be hell to pay.

Ā 

I don't trust the Jefferson County local government, no matter who is in charge - dems or republicans.Ā  It's been the good ole boy network ever since I've lived here.Ā  They sold out to Wal Mart back when I was in high school, giving them a 20 year no competition clause.Ā  Meanwhile, Martinsburg has been getting every possible retailer they can get in Berkeley County.Ā  Considering the AGI in Jefferson County against the rest of the state, it's almost unbelievable how much we don't have in comparison to our garbage neighbor.

Maybe Jefferson County can leave WV and become the new state of Jefferson.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't believe they were essentially doing a "white power" caucus and it got as close to happening as it did.Ā 

Ā 

And the only reason it didn't happen is because word got out to the public and the Republican leadership scrambled to contain the damage, not because Republican leaders were told about it internally and said "Wait, WHAT? are you out of your goddamn minds? That's horrible"

Ā 

If there hadn't been a public backlash over the leaked docs, it absolutely would have gone forward, because Republicans know their base loves that **** and that's all they care about now.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ā 

Ā 

Karen dropping some Sovereign Citizen "common law" knowledge there, too!

Ā 

Ā 

Privileged white woman to super patient cops asking her nicely to identify herself: "I'm sick of being bullied!"

Ā 

Black people: "srsly?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here's the whole video. Looks like she was maskless in a store, and there was a confrontation. Nordstrom store employee says she assaulted them, she says she was assaulted by the store employee. Cops were called and showed up to investigate.Ā 

Ā 

She's also apparently a candidate for the local school board. lol

Ā 

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/lake-travis-school-board-candidate-given-assault-citation-after-mask-confrontation-at-store/269-18005d40-6142-490e-a30a-25c16c5494bb

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 1

The sovereign citizen stuff is a whole can of worms.Ā 
Ā 

I once had a coworker that would just preach that stuff. I tried to warn him about the dangers of taking your legal advice from YouTube but he couldnā€™t understand. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøĀ 

• Like 4

i've talked with pcs before about theĀ sovereign citizens i've encountered (way too many) in the pnw...squirrel brains...a lot of them wereĀ also members of various militias

Ā 

in conversationĀ they will regularly useĀ fully formed sentences and properly pronounced words but it will still be as though they're 'speaking in tongues'

Ā 

Ā 

many of them ime didn't mix in the xtian stuff so much like this karen did, though, and one little group even included a couple mormon families...whatever that mixture might suggest...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i've talked with pcs before about theĀ sovereign citizens i've encountered (way too many) in the pnw...squirrel brains...a lot of them wereĀ also members of various militias

Ā 

in conversationĀ they will regularly useĀ fully formed sentences and properly pronounced words but it will still be as though they're 'speaking in tongues'

Ā 

Ā 

many of them ime didn't mix in the xtian stuff so much like this karen did, though, and one little group even included a couple mormon families...whatever that mixture might suggest...

Ā 

Now that the QAnon and SC cultures have begun cross-pollination I'm not really surprised to see the xtian stuff thrown in there for good measure. It started with the whole March 4th thing where QTards latched on to the SC belief that March 4th is the actual inauguration date since the USA became a corporation later (somehow).

Ā 

Now it looks like they'll just keep passing their diseased genes back and forth. We'll end up with Trumpers screaming that Jesus lived under common law, that he never needed a driver's license to travel,Ā and that he preached in the bible that the gold standard is evil.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

Ā 

And the only reason it didn't happen is because word got out to the public and the Republican leadership scrambled to contain the damage, not because Republican leaders were told about it internally and said "Wait, WHAT? are you out of your goddamn minds? That's horrible"

Ā 

If there hadn't been a public backlash over the leaked docs, it absolutely would have gone forward, because Republicans know their base loves that **** and that's all they care about now.

Ā 

Who's the "they" in that sentence?

What the **** is going on with the myĀ pillow guy

Ā 

do you not know how to use a phone

Ā 

and even so, why are you... I mean youā€™re staring at the desk with your one finger pointed stabbing at the phone.Ā 
Ā 

who the **** is producing his. My iPhone makes better quality stuff based on splicing videos I had no intent on being quality together every few weeks, and itā€™s just doing that on its own.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ā 

Who's the "they" in that sentence?

Ā 

"They" would be the politicians who either actively promote Trumpism or passively promote it by refusing to condemn those who do. The Republican voter base loves Trump and his racism. So naturally the pols cater to that. Or at the very least they're terrified of pissing those Trump supportersĀ off.