Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, China said:

Oh no!  A letter of admonition?  How ever will he recover from the humiliation?  What a useless, toothless penalty.  If you want to discourage him from doing it again then hit him where it hurts and force him to pay fines from his campaign fund to render his fundraising during interviews moot.  Make it so he isn't profiting from his lack of ethics.

My guess is that spending a few minutes asking for campaign contributions on guvmint property is way down on the totem pole of ethics violations...so the harsher penalties are reserved for the meatier stuff. At the very least, though, his opponents--both Democratic and Republican--can use the public admonishment from the Ethics committee as a talking point against him when he runs for re-election, as well as him having to deal with media questions over it.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My guess is that spending a few minutes asking for campaign contributions on guvmint property is way down on the totem pole of ethics violations...so the harsher penalties are reserved for the meatier stuff. At the very least, though, his opponents--both Democratic and Republican--can use the public admonishment from the Ethics committee as a talking point against him when he runs for re-election, as well as him having to deal with media questions over it.

:ols:

Harsher penalties?  When will they impose those?  When members of Congress help try and overthrow an election?  Oh wait, no, I guess that's not a serious enough offense.

He'll just deflect and refuse to answer any media questions, and with the media and our short attention spans, this will blow over quickly.  And he's pretty locked in with his voters and not likely to have an adverse impact in an election from this.  Sort of like Trump.  

Face it.  The ethics panels are weak, and refuse to actually penalize anyone.  How about George Santos, surely he's received some harsh penalties, right?

Until politicians start facing real consequences, they will continue to step over the line, and it'll just get worse.

Just now, China said:

:ols:

Harsher penalties?  When will they impose those?  When members of Congress help try and overthrow an election?  Oh wait, no, I guess that's not a serious enough offense.

He'll just deflect and refuse to answer any media questions, and with the media and our short attention spans, this will blow over quickly.  And he's pretty locked in with his voters and not likely to have an adverse impact in an election from this.  Sort of like Trump.  

Face it.  The ethics panels are weak, and refuse to actually penalize anyone.  How about George Santos, surely he's received some harsh penalties, right?

Until politicians start facing real consequences, they will continue to step over the line, and it'll just get worse.

You're talking about two different things:

1. Whether or not the official admonishment was too little of a response from the Senate Ethics committee

2. Whether or not the Senate Ethics Committee is doing enough about the senators who aided in some way the insurrection attempt

Whatever they have or have not done for the 2nd point plays no role in determining the 1st point. I only addressed the 1st point because that was the only thing you addressed in the post I responded to.

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

He was "special" and "flew into places". 🤣

Faketriot.

It's hilarious.   I admit to pretty much doing nothing except paint a ship and help move it around a couple hurricanes.  That's what Deck Division does. 

But my roommates off base were a nuclear qualified welder, a pipefitter, and a hospital corpsman.  

I learned a lot, but I'll never claim to be anything I wasn't.  

If he wanted to paint a ship, he shoulda told me. I'd-a let him have at it.   Swinging around in a boatswain's chair ain't no fun, unless the weather is nice and you can get a nap. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Bang said:

Sure they do, If it's you who does it.

Folks need to get there is no shaming these people, pointing out hypocrisy is a waste of time.
They don't care.

~Bang

Not true...it makes for hilarious content on YouTube.