Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

GOP donor faces trial on charges of sex trafficking minors

A formerly well-connected Republican donor, accused of plying petite, vulnerable teenage girls with cash, liquor and gifts, goes on trial Tuesday on federal charges of sex trafficking minors.

Anton “Tony” Lazzaro is charged with seven counts involving “commercial sex acts” with five minors ages 15 and 16 in 2020, when he was 30 years old. His indictment touched off a political firestorm that led to the downfall of Jennifer Carnahan as chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota.

His co-defendant, Gisela Castro Medina, who formerly led the College Republicans chapter at the University of St. Thomas, pleaded guilty to two counts last year. She is cooperating with prosecutors and will testify against him. She faces sentencing in August.

Lazzaro denies the sex-trafficking allegations. He says the government targeted him for political reasons and because of his wealth.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Because she was breaking the law.

And the law was wrong.  But now they're not going to be permitted to discuss.  That's ****ed up.

And that's what education is for...you get to discuss what you believe, hear others' opinions/beliefs, and develop.  (Or it used to be, I don't know wtf it's becoming.  And I went to HS out in the hills.  I loved my teachers, every single one.  They were fabulous.)

Edit, add:  we also had the best cafeteria food at the time in VA. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

And the law was wrong.  But now they're not going to be permitted to discuss.  That's ****ed up.

And that's what education is for...you get to discuss what you believe, hear others' opinions/beliefs, and develop.  (Or it used to be, I don't know wtf it's becoming.  And I went to HS out in the hills.  I loved my teachers, every single one.  They were fabulous.)

It maybe the law in the future, if Trump regains power.

5 hours ago, Bang said:

So what does the teacher say when the inevitable question of "why was she asked to move?" is asked within, I'd say 3 seconds of this lesson being "taught"?

~Bang

This is what they want because the logical conclusion to this question from the teacher is “well I can’t lose my job so I guess I shouldn’t teach about Rosa Parks at all to avoid potential questions that bring race into the lesson” 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bang said:

So what does the teacher say when the inevitable question of "why was she asked to move?" is asked within, I'd say 3 seconds of this lesson being "taught"?

~Bang

If the teacher was my ex-wife she would answer with "Because the laws back then said black people could only sit in the back of the bus, even if there were empty seats up front. It was a racist law that she decided she wasn't going to follow that day." and then dare DeSantis to have her fired lol...she took on a racist cop on my behalf, so I know that's exactly what she would do.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I know that was my point you didn't pick up on it.

They want to ignore that aspect of it so they can pretend it didn't happen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think my insert there makes it a bit more apropos.

As my dad would've said: "Never overestimate the importance of your insert"

Given how many kids he had, I suspect he underestimated the impotance of his.

• Haha 3